20-4a offensive and defensive MVPS

Tackles doesnt mean your the best Defensive player.

Hanna has a much better case for MVP and Offensive MVP than anyone else. he unlike Grogan plays every down of defense in the trenches rushing the passer as a DE. Rushing the passer is the most tiring thing to do in football. He also is the leading rusher in 20-4A and is a better running back. he does all his work without a passing game. if you watch Lumberton games you see 8 and 9 man fronts. Grogan sees 5 and 6 man fronts. Plus hes the 2nd best player on the #1 defense in the district. Hanna also has 8 catches for 97 yards

Harris stats are 17 of 45 passing 294 yards 3 TDs  8 INTS

rushing 40 for 237  5.93 ypc 4TDs

Defense 7 pics

he might have a better case for defensive MVP but hes the 4th leading rusher on his own Team. his team doesnt lean on him like Lumberton leans on Hanna or Nederland leans on Bellows. Grogan isnt the same back without Bellow as his QB ethier

Harris/Bellow is Offensive MVP

Beard is Defensive MVP

Att: Rushing attempts Yds: Rushing yards

Yds/Att: Rushing yards per attempt TD: Rushing touchdowns

Name Team Att Yds Yds/Att TD

Jacob Hanna Lumberton 128 901 7.04 13

Wareall Grogan Nederland 102 746 7.31 11Theron Reynolds Vidor 93 637 6.85 4

Joshua Wright Port Neches-Groves 105 637 6.07 8

James White Beaumont Ozen 123 618 5.02 3

Caleb Harmon Port Neches-Groves 95 579 6.09

I don't know where those stats are from but Grogan has rushed for over 1000 yards in the 6 district games.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tackles doesnt mean your the best Defensive player. Hanna has a much better case for MVP and Offensive MVP than anyone else. he unlike Grogan plays every down of defense in the trenches rushing the passer as a DE. Rushing the passer is the most tiring thing to do in football. He also is the leading rusher in 20-4A and is a better running back. he does all his work without a passing game. if you watch Lumberton games you see 8 and 9 man fronts. Grogan sees 5 and 6 man fronts. Plus hes the 2nd best player on the #1 defense in the district. Hanna also has 8 catches for 97 yards

Harris stats are 17 of 45 passing 294 yards 3 TDs  8 INTS

rushing 40 for 237  5.93 ypc 4TDs

Defense 7 pics

he might have a better case for defensive MVP but hes the 4th leading rusher on his own Team. his team doesnt lean on him like Lumberton leans on Hanna or Nederland leans on Bellows. Grogan isnt the same back without Bellow as his QB ethier

Harris/Bellow is Offensive MVP

Beard is Defensive MVP

Att: Rushing attempts Yds: Rushing yards

Yds/Att: Rushing yards per attempt TD: Rushing touchdowns

Name Team Att Yds Yds/Att TD

Jacob Hanna Lumberton 128 901 7.04 13

Wareall Grogan Nederland 102 746 7.31 11

Theron Reynolds Vidor 93 637 6.85 4

Joshua Wright Port Neches-Groves 105 637 6.07 8

James White Beaumont Ozen 123 618 5.02 3

Caleb Harmon Port Neches-Groves 95 579 6.09

I dont see isadore as a Defensive MVP canidate because Ozen has given up

50 BMT WB

22 PA

31 Ned

41 Liv

14 Vid

27 Lumb

36 Bmt Cent

26 PNG

Only one game under 20 points.

Name Team Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Kirby Bellow Nederland 74 141 52.48 1,165 13 3

Harrison Tatum Port Neches-Groves 63 119 52.94 892 7 7

Marquis Moore Beaumont Ozen 53 116 45.69 683 9 8

Ryan Hughes Lumberton 29 69 42.03 429 2 5

Mike Richard Beaumont Central 22 42 52.38 381 4 1

Dustin Harris Livingston 17 45 37.78 294 3 8

Hunter Gonzales LC-M 29 67 43.28 268 0 6

Terrell Durham Beaumont Ozen 14 29 48.28 229 2 3

Chris Teinert Vidor 15 38 39.47 195 1 3

theirs passing stats too

you're right WTB the award doesnt go to the player who has the most tackles or what defense has given up the most points.......so just because isadore's team hasnt done well doesnt mean he's not the best defensive player in 20-4a...............so IMO the award goes to harris(7ints aTm commit) or isadore 101+ tackles 3FR 4FF(leading tackler in district TCU commit)

District MVP

Grogan - Ned. (Nederland without him is nothing)

Offensive MVP

Hanna - Lumberton (Good numbers)

Defensive MVP

Harris - Livingston (ball hawk)

-Beard was a close second

Not a bad group here.  I think that Cardenas, Bellows, and W. Jefferson should get consideration for offensive MVP.  You have the no. 1 passer and the 1st and second best receiver in district here.

Hands down Isadore is the best defensive recruit in this district. If Def MVP means that your team had to win more games then no he isnt it. But If you took the best defenders in this district he would far be the number one person picked with beard and the livingston kid second. Just ask all the college recruiters who have been at all three of their games and said he is the number one in this district by far. I think these guys know a little about picking talent.

PS the whining is pathetic.

tvc way to make your point  ::).  ozenfinest your pushing isadore because hes family not because hes the best defensive player in the district.

MVP Hanna (plays every down of the game, is the districts leading rusher, tied for the lead in scoring with 13TDs, has 9 sacks so far)

OMVP Bellows (Nederland went 7-3 last year with no TB. Grogan helps him but not as much as he helps Grogan. If you dont believe me go watch Grogan run against 5 man fronts every game)

DMVP Beard (this district is a run first district. Go check the numbers. If it was a pass first District then I would say Harris)

ozenfinest its not about where these kids are going to college but if you wanna argue that then Beard will have better offers then isadore. Beard jumped 20 spots in the last LSR 100 to #46. Ketch has already said the 2010 class is more talented than 2009. Isadore is currently ranked #88 in the 2009 class.

And Grogan doesnt have 1000 yards in 6 games. your coaches turn those numbers in take off the gold and black glasses and listen to logic.

tvc way to make your point  ::).  ozenfinest your pushing isadore because hes family not because hes the best defensive player in the district.

MVP Hanna (plays every down of the game, is the districts leading rusher, tied for the lead in scoring with 13TDs, has 9 sacks so far)

OMVP Bellows (Nederland went 7-3 last year with no TB. Grogan helps him but not as much as he helps Grogan. If you dont believe me go watch Grogan run against 5 man fronts every game)

DMVP Beard (this district is a run first district. Go check the numbers. If it was a pass first District then I would say Harris)

ozenfinest its not about where these kids are going to college but if you wanna argue that then Beard will have better offers then isadore. Beard jumped 20 spots in the last LSR 100 to #46. Ketch has already said the 2010 class is more talented than 2009. Isadore is currently ranked #88 in the 2009 class.

And Grogan doesnt have 1000 yards in 6 games. your coaches turn those numbers in take off the gold and black glasses and listen to logic.

Grogans rushing totals

Ozen -        223

PN-G -        152

LC-M -        184

Central -    138

Livingston - 183

Vidor -      185 = 1065 yards rushing in 6 district games

from what ive seen i dont think bellows deserves the title of mvp i go to all the games and from what ive seen bellows throws the ball up and cardenas just goes up and gets it dont get me wrong bellows is a good qb, but i think it should be grogan or cardenas for mvp, and sorry to whoever said hannah leads the district in rushin cause he doesnt that my friend belongs to grogan and it looks like u need to check your stat book, grogan and cardenas carries the team

and i think yall forgot about cardenas, he was an all state wide reciever last year and made bellows job alot easier the kid can play hes made catches ive never seen pros make before , and congradulations to hannah he goes both ways but sorry this is the offensive mvp not the mvp of who goes both ways

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Hands down Isadore is the best defensive recruit in this district. If Def MVP means that your team had to win more games then no he isnt it. But If you took the best defenders in this district he would far be the number one person picked with beard and the livingston kid second. Just ask all the college recruiters who have been at all three of their games and said he is the number one in this district by far. I think these guys know a little about picking talent.

PS the whining is pathetic.

Not...............................B.S.

I said I liked Hanna for MVP and your coaches turned in those numbers so I'm guessing they're right. if you think Grogan and Cardansas are more worthy for OMVP then I'll agree with you then. I've only seen Nederland 3 times so I'll go with you on that one. I would probably go with Grogan over Cardanas because Ive seen Jude Virdine really step up this year and selenga play well along with Brady.

tvc way to make your point  ::)ozenfinest your pushing isadore because hes family not because hes the best defensive player in the district.

no im pushing him because he's a manchild........and i didnt even nominate him for defensive MVP at first......i think either isadore or harris should win it and those texas rankings means nothing.......the great thing about isadore is that he can play all three LB positions and could have went to any school that offered him and probably played which ever one he wanted and not to mention his speed.................and last let me tell you what Dave Campbell thinks of him:

3/14/08 BLOG

About a month ago, I posted a blog talking about some of the best highlight tapes for '09 recruits that DCTF had seen so far. We broke them down into Surprises, As Expecteds and Disappointments; after another several weeks of review, I've got some more to add to the list:

Justin Isadore LB, Beaumont Ozen

Surprise! We had actually poked and prodded Ozen on info for massive WR Willie Jefferson, a 6-6 pass-catcher with great hands and awesome leaping ability (see how I worked another name in here?) But he sent us a laundry list of names in addition to the giant Panther, one of which included Isadore, a 6-0, 205-lb. linebacker who had my attention about 10 seconds into his tape. He's fast -- very fast, especially if he somehow gets the ball in his hands -- and he hits like a meteorite from space. I'd love for him to make his reads a split-second faster, but his pursuit skills can make up for that for the time being, and with his 2007 stats in mind (4 INTs, 4 FFs, 4 FRs and 2 def. TDs), Isadore could soon be on everyone's -- and I mean everyone's -- radar.

grogan by far mvp - to say qb helps him is rediculous-its completely opposite-grogan opens up the passing game here .although we do have several weapons-the beast !! is by far mvp of this district!!ask all who they were most concerned about and who dominated  theyll tell ya and by the way l-train -- meet the g train--chooooo choooo!!! lol  defensively heck landry for big ned has his name called 14 15 times a game so ill throw his name in for mvp on defense

Isadore Isn't 6', hes 5'8" I've stood next to him and I've messured 5'11" 3/4 at a NIKE combine and haven't grown any since then. Plus Dave Campbell's hasn't been accurate in along time. You can whine all you want but if he was as good as you say then the coaches would have voted him first team last year over beard. This year when Ozen played Lumberton Beard went 11 for 104 and 3 TDs. Hughes went 12 for 82 and when Ozen needed to stop Lumberton they couldnt do it.

Isadore is a good player but hes not a manchild, hes not the best LB in the district. Probably not the best in beaumont so let it rest. you started the thread because you want to hype him up. Well Ozen is the 2nd worse defense in the district and hes the Leader. Lumberton is the best defense and Beard is the Leader. And dont tell me Lumberton is just loaded with talent because everyone knows on signing day Ozen will have more kids sign college scholarships. Lumberton will have 3 kids sign this year and then Beard for sure next year.

your arguments weak go take it somewhere else

Nederland guys read my first post I said Bellows throwing helps him run the ball and Grogans running helps them throw it. Grogan faces 5 and 6 man fronts all game long and Bellows doesnt see Nickel and dime packages

Lumberton doesn't throw the ball well so Hanna sees 8 and 9 man fronts all game long.

I really wish yall would go learn about football

Isadore Isn't 6', hes 5'8" I've stood next to him and I've messured 5'11" 3/4 at a NIKE combine and haven't grown any since then. Plus Dave Campbell's hasn't been accurate in along time. You can whine all you want but if he was as good as you say then the coaches would have voted him first team last year over beard. This year when Ozen played Lumberton Beard went 11 for 104 and 3 TDs. Hughes went 12 for 82 and when Ozen needed to stop Lumberton they couldnt do it.

Isadore is a good player but hes not a manchild, hes not the best LB in the district. Probably not the best in beaumont so let it rest. you started the thread because you want to hype him up. Well Ozen is the 2nd worse defense in the district and hes the Leader. Lumberton is the best defense and Beard is the Leader. And dont tell me Lumberton is just loaded with talent because everyone knows on signing day Ozen will have more kids sign college scholarships. Lumberton will have 3 kids sign this year and then Beard for sure next year.

your arguments weak go take it somewhere else

hahahh ok WTB im done arguing with you and i didnt even nominate him when i started the thread so how am i trying to hype him up?? dont need to anyway he has enough surrounding his name already........but im done arguing i have nothing to prove and neither does he........... your arguement is weak your saying just because ozens defense is not good isadore shouldn't win an individual award right?? it has nothing to do with how bad a teams defense is.........soo stop it WTB you make yourself look silly sometimes ya know??

even though it is an individual award...since isadore is the best LB since ray lewis to come threw highschool..their defence should be better than 6th in their district..not to mention the worst defense hasnt even won a game..ill admit the kid is a heck of a player..but he doesnt deserve an mvp award..hes not a leader..hes an individual..a most valueable player..makes the players around him better..

even though it is an individual award...since isadore is the best LB since ray lewis to come threw highschool..their defence should be better than 6th in their district..not to mention the worst defense hasnt even won a game..ill admit the kid is a heck of a player..but he doesnt deserve an mvp award..hes not a leader..hes an individual..a most valueable player..makes the players around him better..

you dont even know the kid and your making statements like this......he's a individual and not a leader how can you make these statements when you dont even know the kid??

A typical defense has a 7 man front and 4 db's

If Grogan is running against 5-6 man fronts then how can you say Bellows is not throwing against nickel and dime packages, If you've got a 5 man front you have 6 DB's in the game (dime) and a 6 man front would still leave you with 5 DB's (nickel), I'm not sure you can have it both ways

Guest Brubaker

That's the beauty of the spread, pick your poison, but either way you gonna get burned.  Nederland averaged 2 points per minute of possession at Vidor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder