Jasper it's time to change

BigDog39

Friday night was the worse game I had ever seem a Jasper team play. It was 7 against 11 all night long. With that said the question is where we go from here. I hope we pull up the 17 warrior from JV, and replace the whole secondary with JV player. It is time to bring some attitude and confident back to this team. These players are more athlete then the players on Varsity. The coaches didn't do their job by not playing to the strength of this team, which is the two back set. If you watch the films they will see a 7min drive using the run and pass out of that set. Help these kids play to their ability by playing what they do well, and not what you hope they can do.

I fell the same way that two back set with ellis and armstrong is a good combo.Friday night i got sick watching jasper play the way they did but the coach's maed it worse most of them were just standing there with there arrm's croosed and just smileing and haveing a good time and all i want to know what was so funny and some the players were doing the samething please get that JV group moved up they have real heart.

You can not agree with the coaches about how they are running things. I can tell you from being on the sidelines, no coaches were having a good time. Matter of fact it was pretty bad down there. They were not happy, not saying I agree with them but I can tell you no coach was laughing and joking.

You People need to get a clue. If you think You can  do a better job than those guys on the Field, Get a Degree and put Your Job in the hands of a 15-18 year old. I know coaches all over Texas and no staff in the state puts in more hours than those guys. I bet you don't work 100 or more hours a week. I would love to Sit back and watch them critique you at your job, and then on Monday read what they have to say about you on some website. 

Good post wizdiz. There were things being said from the stands from Jasper "fans" that were pretty bad. Right before the half one of Jaspers players got hurt and he stayed on the sidelines. He was berated for what seemed like a good 10-minutes from people claiming to be adults. It was pretty sad actually, I felt bad for the kid. That's all they are people, kids! They are not some pro team they play because they love the game. To be berated for sitting on the bench because there was no cart to ride back to the locker room was a terrible thing to do. He had to endure the horrible things being said to him, because he couldn't walk to the locker room. This was done to one of our own players by people supposedly there to cheer him on. I think the children are the ones sitting in the stands these days for Jasper. Not saying everyone there was doing this but a handful were and it always seem the idiots are the loudest. All the best coaches are in the stands and they all know what they are doing because they play Madden. It's gotten to be pretty bad, I think most of these people come just to yell at the coaches and the players. They sure don't come to actually encourage the kids. Maybe instead of berating the kids and coaches from the stands you might want to actually cheer them on and maybe just maybe they will actually think they can play with anyone. But some are just going to tell them not to listen to the coaches or whatever. Big thumbs down to the fans that were doing this, maybe you all should be a positive influence instead of ripping the coaches.

I see and hear this type of behavior all the time where is am from.  Didn't Jasper have a great season last year and go a couple of rounds deep?  So this year when they hit a little adversity, fans down the coaches?  I have got news for the fans,  YOU CAN COACH TILL YOU ARE BLUE IN THE FACE, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THE ATHLETES ARE GOING TO DO IT THE WAY THEY WERE COACHED.  I have seen this in action for a few years now.  When a defensive coach has a great scheme and calls out what they are going to run from the sidelines and the athletes still don't apply their coaching.  Just as was said before, you think it is so easy go get a degree and put in the hours coaches put in that coaches put in and see if you can do better.  I THINK NOT!!!!!

To  wizdiz: Read my want I said and not what you think I said. No one said fire of any coach. If anyone told you to do better on your job, they want you to refocus on what you are doing. You don’t have to have a degree to see what this team dose best. We don’t recruit player, so you have to play what they do best. Want work last year doesn’t mean it will work this year. There isn’t anything wrong for Jasper fan talk about our team. This is our team that we love, and nobody can tell us how we feel.  Go Dogs

To those of you saying jasper fans are bad,hey look most of us played for jasper high and we have the right to talk i know i left blood, sweat and tears on that field so if you did not play for Jasper you need to calm down.We have been known as one of the best program in the state of texas and look were we are it is hard to sit at look at what i see on friday nights but im there each and every friday night home are away so i can say what i feel about the jasper program cause i've been apart of the program and  im very proud of being A JASPER BULLDOG can you say the same?

Friday night was the worse game I had ever seem a Jasper team play. It was 7 against 11 all night long. With that said the question is where we go from here. I hope we pull up the 17 warrior from JV, and replace the whole secondary with JV player. It is time to bring some attitude and confident back to this team. These players are more athlete then the players on Varsity. The coaches didn't do their job by not playing to the strength of this team, which is the two back set. If you watch the films they will see a 7min drive using the run and pass out of that set. Help these kids play to their ability by playing what they do well, and not what you hope they can do.

What are you asking for...CHANGE?  What kind of change?...I know y'all were very excited to get Co Brooks back and now has the excitement gone away...sure you've fallen on hard times but don't we all!  I don't see kids like that LB at Mizzou or Big Red at A&M anymore...Co Brooks is a good coach...I thought you knew that.  Kinda makes me think about those PN-G folks who want Burnett fired at all he's done there b/c they've fallen on hard times yet again...Special  :P...as the other guy said...you can always go and Coach along side Co Brooks and tell him about how you're a more experienced signal caller than what he's got out there!

Guest PrimeTime

2madre is about as right on as you can be. Coaches can coach but can't force. It is a hard pill to swallow but what is there to do if the hours you put in as a coach just don't seem to be working. That is the hardest part of coaching. You think that people want to lose? All the people hating on these coaches, put your paycheck on it. Go out get a degree and coach a team. See how EASY it is to win. You will find out real quick that kids don't always buy what you are selling.

2MADRE: CONGRATULATIONS BIG GUY!! Its going down in January!!

You People need to get a clue. If you think You can  do a better job than those guys on the Field, Get a Degree and put Your Job in the hands of a 15-18 year old. I know coaches all over Texas and no staff in the state puts in more hours than those guys. I bet you don't work 100 or more hours a week. I would love to Sit back and watch them critique you at your job, and then on Monday read what they have to say about you on some website. 

I cant agree more. I remember growing up thinking some coaches were such jerks. Now as an adult I realize that hey, when he gets on to you for "plain grab a--", it's because his paycheck is on the line. When the team loses and he gets fired, he has to look for a job and if he's lucky enough to find one, then he's gotta move his family, etc. These guys are under tremendous amounts of stress. Coaching "youth" sports is stressful enough, but if you lose you don't lose your livelihood. You still gotta "real" job monday morning.

I cant agree more. I remember growing up thinking some coaches were such jerks. Now as an adult I realize that hey, when he gets on to you for "plain grab a--", it's because his paycheck is on the line. When the team loses and he gets fired, he has to look for a job and if he's lucky enough to find one, then he's gotta move his family, etc. These guys are under tremendous amounts of stress. Coaching "youth" sports is stressful enough, but if you lose you don't lose your livelihood. You still gotta "real" job monday morning.

I do agree in some parts but they know what they are going to school for. What could happen if they are not good at what they do. So they know from the get go what they are getting into. If your not good at your job is your employer going to keep you there???

You have to consider tha fact that Jasper is not in the same league as Carthage. They have a legit shot at winning it all this year. Jasper is a good team, they just look bad when playing someone that clearly out matches them.You cant compare apples with oranges........Jasper will still make the playoffs in one of the toughest districts in the state........If Jimmy Johnson was the coach-Carthage still wins.

Guest tombraider

Great post "no look". Its not the coaches, Its the players. Nothing personal to the team but Jasper just doesn't have the usual Jasper athletes that they are known for.

What in the world is all you people talking about? You got people talking about degree and how people don’t understand how hard it is to be a coach. Nobody talking about running off any coach, or saying they not committed. What I’m talking about is run more play out of the two back offense set. In Jasper we run the spread offense for those that don’t know. All I’m saying is play to these kids strength.

What in the world is all you people talking about? You got people talking about degree and how people don’t understand how hard it is to be a coach. Nobody talking about running off any coach, or saying they not committed. What I’m talking about is run more play out of the two back offense set. In Jasper we run the spread offense for those that don’t know. All I’m saying is play to these kids strength.

That could be done or the kid will have to adapt and run it how it is coached. The guys are not total idiots they wouldnt set the boys in a spread if they didnt think they could run it. (JMO)

That could be done or the kid will have to adapt and run it how it is coached. The guys are not total idiots they wouldnt set the boys in a spread if they didnt think they could run it. (JMO)

These coach are not idiots as you hinted. This is for Jasper fan having a discussing about our team. You can’t be a fan because you do know nothing about this team or you don’t go to the games. We run 4 or 5 offense with multi formation so it not about what we can’t run. We talking about the 2 back offense set to protect our secondary, and control the clock. It’s all about Jasper Football

I bought this discussion up before and for some reason it was removed from the site. Once again i say "If the shoe fits, wear it" Coach Brooks need to clean house. Jasper could not ask for a better coach and role model in Coach Brooks, but his coaching staff need to pack their bags. Too much talent and no coaches to coach.  He needs coaches who care about there jobs and more importantly the  kids. Too many arms folded and not enough coaching. Go get Carmichael and let him run your offense, and let Sergeant run that defense. We have lost too many games behind stupid decisions by the coaches. It really don't take a rocket scientist to see that the deuce back set is the offense set that needs to be ran. Ellis and Armstrong  are gaining 10 to 20 yards per play in this set. Quick should have been at the house long time ago. Defensive coordinator is lost he don't have a clue. If a team has a passing attack Jasper is really in trouble. Sorry to be so hard on this group of coaches, but enough is enough.  Plus I'm tired of people on this site saying it's the kids fault.   WOS, Kirbyville, Newton, Gilmer, Carthage all of the teams have the same age range kids (16-18),  so you'll can save the little comments about you can't telling kids this age to listen are what to do.  I'm not tring to hear it. Once again i would really like to know if coach brooks hands are tied are what? Seems like he has yet to over turn a call are play this year.  I'm sorry but that's what it seems like to me and i could be wrong.    If any one know let me know?  Hang in there Coach Brooks.