Jasper it's time to change

BigDog39

I bought this discussion up before and for some reason it was removed from the site. Once again i say "If the shoe fits, wear it" Coach Brooks need to clean house. Jasper could not ask for a better coach and role model in Coach Brooks, but his coaching staff need to pack their bags. Too much talent and no coaches to coach.  He needs coaches who care about there jobs and more importantly the  kids. Too many arms folded and not enough coaching. Go get Carmichael and let him run your offense, and let Sergeant run that defense. We have lost too many games behind stupid decisions by the coaches. It really don't take a rocket scientist to see that the deuce back set is the offense set that needs to be ran. Ellis and Armstrong  are gaining 10 to 20 yards per play in this set. Quick should have been at the house long time ago. Defensive coordinator is lost he don't have a clue. If a team has a passing attack Jasper is really in trouble. Sorry to be so hard on this group of coaches, but enough is enough.  Plus I'm tired of people on this site saying it's the kids fault.   WOS, Kirbyville, Newton, Gilmer, Carthage all of the teams have the same age range kids (16-18),  so you'll can save the little comments about you can't telling kids this age to listen are what to do.  I'm not tring to hear it. Once again i would really like to know if coach brooks hands are tied are what? Seems like he has yet to over turn a call are play this year.  I'm sorry but that's what it seems like to me and i could be wrong.    If any one know let me know?  Hang in there Coach Brooks.

You want to bring in Coach Sergeant to be the DC. Would that be the same Coach Sergeant that is the Head Coach at Hempstead with a 0-8 record and 13 of his 14 coaches wanting to leave. Yeah sounds like a great plan to turn things around. Watch out what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

so you think they are not trying to stop the pass?  you think going into each week the plan is to just LET the other team throw the ball.  at what point in time are the players suppose to cover the receivers?  and the most ridiculous statement was that they gain 10 to 20 yards every time they run in the two back set...wow,,they must be gaining about 1000 yards a game with those numbers.  what is that beeping noise i hear,,,wait the fries are ready you better go dump them out and salt them up.

The town of Jasper should be quite proud that its graduates cant spell, punctuate, or use correct grammar in a sentence. Yall must be the pride of east Texas. Like someone else said, if you can do better, get a degree and start coaching. Otherwise, get back on the garbage truck and have a great day.

You need to watch what you say!!! Are you from Jasper the way you are talking i guess not. And by the way I have my DEGREE thank you very much from Sam Houston State University in Kinesiology so i know what im talking about can you say the same but are you to busy bagging those grocery...

If you're not from Jasper i feel you should'nt even comment on this subject.  We have too many outsiders tring to give their two cents and just simply don't know what their talking about.  Yes i said it and will say it again "Clean house".  People on this site needs to stop protecting that horrible coaching staff in Jasper.  I can only imagine how Coach Brooks feels; hang in there coach.

First, let me make it clear that I am a Jasper fan because I'm sure that what I am about to say will offend some of my hometown boys. But, I have to agree that it is difficult to read some of the posts on here due to spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. There are many intelligent people that come from Jasper. Check your statements to make sure they are clear and complete sentences before posting, guys. Even better, use spell and grammar check. Finally, we are on a message board that is not restricted to Jasper posters only. So, you should expect others to read and comment on any posts on this board.

If you're not from Jasper i feel you should'nt even comment on this subject.  We have too many outsiders tring to give their two cents and just simply don't know what their talking about.  Yes i said it and will say it again "Clean house".   People on this site needs to stop protecting that horrible coaching staff in Jasper.  I can only imagine how Coach Brooks feels; hang in there coach.

I know, I mean Who in their right mind would have hired this Coaching Staff. It couldn't have been the Head Coach/Athletic Director. What a funny idea that would be. I mean what School would ever let that happen. OH YEAH ONLY EVERY SCHOOL DISTRICT IN THE STATE OF TEXAS. Get a Clue

when a  new head coach come in he starts a new system.  That system goes from the 7th grade football program all the way to the HS program.  So if I were a Head Coach (IE , im not)  It would take several years for the system I am now teaching to catch up with my HS program.  Great HS programs are not created they are developed.  Coach Lauve rode Coach Wakoviaks (sp) system for almost the entire time he was here.  Once his system caught up.  It didn't do to well.  But we still have the Wakoviak (sp again) kids (young men) from that era coming up.  You have to give a coach time to develope the kids and the system.  To hire and fire coaches every year will kill a program.  Give it time.  If you don't want to get on the Jasper band wagon stay off a couple of years, there are a lot of use who will keep it rolling.  Am I from Jasper, yes, did I play for Jasper Yes,  Coach R.E. Davis  74-77 did we have great players?  Many,  did we get very far? nope.  Did I enjoy the experiance , priceless.  HANG TOUGH DOGS

It is amazing with most of your pee wee coaching experience and titles that this current staff could have screwed them up.  im sure your pee wee two back offensive system gets 10 to 20 every play and your 10-11 year old secondary is "shut down" every saturday morning.  keep up the good work and maybe someday jasper will hire a coaching staff worthy of carrying on your saturday morning football tradition.

I always thinks its funny when fans talk about offensive or defensice schemes.  You exactly right you do not have to have a degree to know football, but you can't base your opinion on a scheme if you don't have a system you believe in.  Back in '82 you ran the wing t with 5 guys in the backfield does not count.  They game does not change just the type of athletes.  Coaches all over Texas coach what they and there kids do best.  I would think it would be a really rare occasion for a coach to force feed an offense that his kids can not do.  I haven't seen Jasper play and doubt I will before the seasons over, but unless you get paid to do it your just not the coach.  So by my opinion you can either support your team or tear the staff apart which I am sure is beneficial to the program.

when a new head coach come in he starts a new system. That system goes from the 7th grade football program all the way to the HS program. So if I were a Head Coach (IE , im not) It would take several years for the system I am now teaching to catch up with my HS program. Great HS programs are not created they are developed. Coach Lauve rode Coach Wakoviaks (sp) system for almost the entire time he was here. Once his system caught up. It didn't do to well. But we still have the Wakoviak (sp again) kids (young men) from that era coming up. You have to give a coach time to develope the kids and the system. To hire and fire coaches every year will kill a program. Give it time. If you don't want to get on the Jasper band wagon stay off a couple of years, there are a lot of use who will keep it rolling. Am I from Jasper, yes, did I play for Jasper Yes, Coach R.E. Davis 74-77 did we have great players? Many, did we get very far? nope. Did I enjoy the experiance , priceless. HANG TOUGH DOGS

What are you talking about? Walkoviak had been long gone, with coaches in between before Lauve even got here? If anything he rode Brooks system, he was the one that introduced the spread here with Coach Carmichael.

Sorry I just read this and it sounds kinda rude, I am not trying to be rude. Just making the point Walkoviak was long gone before Lauve got here. Didn't Quick take over after Walkoviak, followed by Brooks,Lauve and Brooks again? Am I missing someone between Quick and Walkoviak? I think letting Carmichael go was a bed decision by Lauve, we were coming off the State Championship game and I never understood getting rid of the coach that got you 47-points. But we kept the coach who gave up the 49-points. The Spread hasn't looked right since Carmichael left IMO.

Look people if you Love Jasper Football and Just want to see the team do well, Why are you doing everything You can to Hurt this team. What this team needs right now is community support not community bashing. Right now all you are doing is making them doubt the system that is in place instead of making them believe the system can work. They need you to believe in them and Their Coaches.They still are in line to make the playoffs, and anything can happen once you get in. If you have a problem with the staff shut your mouth until the season is over and then be my guest BASH away. You are not going to change anything in the middle of the season anyway. GO DAWGS. I BELIEVE. LET'S MAKE THAT PLAYOFF RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is terrible is that there are a group of adults that make it miserable for anyone near them in the stands. All they want to do is dog, dog, dog. The majority of the fans come to support the team, WHICH IS WHAT THE SPECTATORS ROLE SHOULD BE. Unfortunately, those adults that just want to criticize the coaching staff because their kid got burnt deep, or because their kid isnt getting the ball thrown his way, or their kid should be playing a different position. It is ridiculous and distracting to the rest of the FANS that are there in support of their children.

The adults and the community as a whole should be in support of the football program that works to develop Jasper's children in fine young men. Regardless of the win loss record. That is how it should be in every town. Winning every game is a bonus.