stjfl week 5 scores

Txdragon

Pee Wee

WOS Blue 34 Vidor Gold 0

Wow, WOS is LOADED with talent.  QB(#11 I think) hung about a 40 yd TD pass.  Looked like he chunked it about 15-20 yds, the receiver ran a great route and nobody touched him.  I was very impressed with all of their backs, lots of speed and athleticism.

My little Gold team gave another great effort, we just can't seem to get things clicking.  The kids never gave up, they fought hard, and had a great time. 

PNG White jr 36 LC 7 , the lc team game out and never gave up they just had 13-14 kids max and hardly any people watching, we played our 2nd team "D" and "O" from about the 2nd quarter on, we got a bye coming up next week with no Orangefield team to play, so time to rest up and practice some new plays for the Vidor game.

WOS White 22 Bridge City 0.  Once the WOS Junior Blue and Junior White come together in Junior High School, this will be a very special group.  Both teams play great defense.  In my opinion, the Blue team is a little bit ahead on offense though.  The White team has had several setbacks with injuries, but once they get that offense clicking, they will be a force.  Our plan is to have both teams in the Super Bowl, and I think it is very possible if we can get past PNG White, they are tough as well.

Congrats to both WOS Junior Teams...#1 on the WOS Junior Blue team is a great athlete...I watched this kid on kick off team, offense, and defense.  He is an all around player...and is a breast on defense. WOS juinor blue team work well together and has great heart....the kids are well coached...great job today WOS JUINOR BLUE....keep up the good work..... ;D ;D ;D

WOS White 22 Bridge City 0.  Once the WOS Junior Blue and Junior White come together in Junior High School, this will be a very special group.  Both teams play great defense.  In my opinion, the Blue team is a little bit ahead on offense though.  The White team has had several setbacks with injuries, but once they get that offense clicking, they will be a force.  Our plan is to have both teams in the Super Bowl, and I think it is very possible if we can get past PNG White, they are tough as well.

I agree with you totally. Some great athletes, kids with heart, and the will to win on both teams. The junior blue has a lot of first players who are getting nothing but better each week. We will go as far as our offensive line takes us. we have the skill position players and i know at least 6 different players whom has scored. The defense is just physical..special shoutout to "THE BEAST"..he knows who he is ;D ;D ;D....Hey Orangefield came to play and they do NOT have a pushover team. They played very well i thought.

nederland pee wee white beat vidor black 26-0.great job to both teams.during the hand shake after game the vidor kids and coaches had good attitudes.good luck to both teams.....i did hear on the south field a vidor kid punched a nederland running back after vidor lost to nederland pee wee gold team.

TxDragon...you are certainly correct about Orangefield...they came and played their hearts out and are a really strong team...opened up WOS eyes in that first quarter for sure...WOS blue has some first year kids that are learning fast and are strong....great job to both Orangefield and WOS good clean game and kids had fun...and "THE BEAST" does know who he is....too bad that everyone else has to find out too late.... ;D ;D ;Dnn

nederland pee wee white beat vidor black 26-0.great job to both teams.during the hand shake after game the vidor kids and coaches had good attitudes.good luck to both teams.....i did hear on the south field a vidor kid punched a nederland running back after vidor lost to nederland pee wee gold team.

junior or senior....was this while they were shaking hands after the game?

TxDragon...you are certainly correct about Orangefield...they came and played their hearts out and are a really strong team...opened up WOS eyes in that first quarter for sure...WOS blue has some first year kids that are learning fast and are strong....great job to both Orangefield and WOS good clean game and kids had fun...and "THE BEAST" does know who he is....too bad that everyone else has to find out too late.... ;D ;D ;Dnn

yep, i was sitting in the stands, sick as a dog, melting in the heat, had been up all night with my oldest at the hospital and I was thinking: Oh Lord, don't let me have gone through all this only to have my baby's team lose!

BTW: Just in case anyone knows who I am and who my kid is who plays on the team let me say that HE TOO was playing sick as a dog!  He had that stupid stomach virus that is going around AND he woke up EARLY Saturday with one of the worst asthma attacks he has had in  a long time.  I begged him not to play but he insisted on being on that field and he did a great job if i may so say. 

everyone of the kids on the playing field deserves a huge pat on the back and a "good job" in their ear.  Hopefully, everyone will be on the mend and playing 100% on our next game.

I echo the comments of the earlier poster about the Pee Wee Game between Nederland White and Vidor Black.  We got beat fair and square.  I did not feel like our boys played their best but that is expected from time to time when dealing with 7 and 8 year old boys. 

However, I thought spirits were good after the game.  If anyone saw any problems with our boys in the handshake line, please tell me.  There is no place for that. 

I hate to hear that somone may have lost their temper in the handshake line.  I hope it did not happen, but I am sure that if it did that the coaches will deal with it.

Hopefully he didnt pass it on, that is contagious

i reread my post and wanted to clarify: he had the stomach virus on thursday but was okay with that by gametime; weak and still could not eat very much; but okay with the virus; he was sick as a dog with asthma and had a HUGE attack early Saturday morning.

Yes, it is very contagious because my oldest caught it too; which is why he was not with us at the game Saturday.

I echo the comments of the earlier poster about the Pee Wee Game between Nederland White and Vidor Black.  We got beat fair and square.  I did not feel like our boys played their best but that is expected from time to time when dealing with 7 and 8 year old boys. 

However, I thought spirits were good after the game.  If anyone saw any problems with our boys in the handshake line, please tell me.  There is no place for that. 

I hate to hear that somone may have lost their temper in the handshake line.  I hope it did not happen, but I am sure that if it did that the coaches will deal with it.

I heard from a dad in Vidor that was there the boy on the Vidor team did hit a Nederland player, the dad of the player appologized as well as the player. the appology and the way it was handled was satisfactory to everyone.

After the playes cleared the field all the coaches were talkig and no hard feelings. I have to say that shows great maturity for all the coaches and parents.

i heard there was a fight after one of the Vidor games....is this true and if so does anyone know what happen

Say it aint so...

Normally I would not post a response but since my child is on the team in question, Pee Wee White, I would like to clarify.  Every child on both teams had helmets on so no player could have been slapped in the face.  I have that on video so that can be proven.  When one of our coaches was approached by the Nederland Gold coach about the incident in question, our coach immediately got the child in question and asked the Ned. Gold player if this was the player who did it.  After asking many questions, the Ned. player could not positively identify anyone as the player who had hit him.  Our player was also very upset that someone thought he had hit them.  Also, the Ned. player said he was hit in the stomach.  Then, after talking with the coaches for a little bit,  thought that it might have been a hard "Good Game" slap that missed his hand.  I assure you that the head coach of this team would not tolerate that kind of behavior from his players.  That's why our coach (who wasn't the head coach) immediately looked into the matter.  If the Nederland coach reads this and any of this is not correct, please let me know.  If ANYONE has any questions about this incident, including the person that started this conversation, please call the head coach of the VPIFA Pee Wee White Tackle team.  He would, I GUARANTEE you, love to answer any questions you may have regarding this matter. He prides himself on teaching his players to be good sports.       

i heard there was a fight after one of the Vidor games....is this true and if so does anyone know what happen

Say it aint so...

was told the a kid punched another kid in the face while doing the handshake after the game...again could be just a huge rumor

If you know who started this post then you know why he did..He's not affiliated with our league in anyway, just one of his tactics on trying to make people look at our league the wrongway.. Now this is just my opinion. But why would it matter to him are anyone else what took place. As long as both coaches handle it then so be it.

I'm sure all things are well in his league...........Robby

You're right, Robby.  I love people in both these leagues.  The kids love their friends that are in both of these leagues.  So why the pot stirring?  Okay, that was a dumb question!  No youth league in the world is without problems so why look for them?  I take offense when it is a story I know a little something about because my child is on that team and I know the coaches and how they teach the children about sportsmanship.  I also know that not one person is perfect and that includes children.  If this was an opposing teams child, I would hope that we would have some compassion and realize he made a mistake.  The coaches rectified it if it did take place.  I feel like I have to stand up for my team without being rude about it. I'll do that a million times if need be.  I just wish we could be civil.  People don't have to be best friends to do that.  I've seen the people in our league be civil.  I'm very proud of that.       

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder