Dayton at C.E. King Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

Yes I have also noticed Stapleton...but i've also noticed #50 he's made a real impact stepping up for the Broncos at LB does anybody know anything about this kid???

#50 is Jordan Baxter he is a junior and a very hard nosed salty kid. I think that he and the Stapleton kid complement each other very well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have also noticed Stapleton...but i've also noticed #50 he's made a real impact stepping up for the Broncos at LB does anybody know anything about this kid???

#50 is Jordan Baxter he is a junior and a very hard nosed salty kid. I think that he and the Stapleton kid complement each other very well.

Just a little note on #50 Jordan Baxter. When he was in 8th grade (I taught him history) I saw him crank out 30 one handed push ups and could have kept going. Now, does this translate into being a good player?? no... but it's a pretty good story to tell to people when he's making plays on the field!  ;) Very proud of this kid... he's an extremely hard worker.

Yes I have also noticed Stapleton...but I've also noticed #50 he's made a real impact stepping up for the Broncos at LB does anybody know anything about this kid???

I think the whole defense is doing better but this week will be our first real test since Friendswood. Stapleton is definitely a much needed boost to our defense. Baxter, Edwards, Hines, and  a lot of others have played solid all year . The addition of some players that where out during the Friendswood game means that King will be facing a much different defense then they did. Dayton needs this win late in district play to help build momentum going into the playoffs.

Dayton  - 218 per game

CE King - 244 per game

These are the offensive yards allowed per game.  Looks almost even to me.  this is going to be a good game!

that's a good stat. Neither have faced an offense like the others, IMO. this oughta be a fun one to watch.

If Dayton's defense can step up and shut down CE King's running game, that will be an AWEsome sign of the Broncos getting out of the Houston region.

It seems like the coaches finally have the players positioned correctly, now it's time to perform.

Last week (except for three or four plays) Galena Park couldn't really do anything against the Bronco defense.

The only glaring thing with this stat comparison is that CE King has yet to face two other top contenders, Dayton and Crosby. Dayton has met Crosby (49-13) and of course Dayton only practices against Dayton.

The two haven't met yet to figure out this year's cellar dweller, but King's stats include games against both Baytown Memorial and Kingwood Park. Dayton still has Kingwood to play in Week 10.

I feel Dayton's defense will figure out King's offense after a couple of series. Also, Jerry Stewart's "specialty" (like he only has just one) is defense. On the other end of the spectrum, every team King has played has scored easily into the double digits except for Galena and Kingwood Parks (7 each). Just can't imagine what the King defense is going to do with stopping or slowing down the Dayton offense. And, whether you've noticed or not, with contributions like those from Stapleton, the Bronco defense is vastly improving each week.

ok..so i see no one is giving the king panthers a shot. well this game reminds me alot of the game in 2005 in dayton. both had great offensives and both had decent defenses and the game was for the district title. King prepares for dayton better than any team in district considering its a rivalry game. just like in 2005 king had a great full back who i believe is the best player in district. King will gorund n pound dayton defense and will do enough to not lose this game and win just like in 2005 giving them there first district loss then and giving them it to them now dayton is a very tough team.. just doesnot have the interior to stop the triple option!

oh yeah if any body saw the 2005 game let me know... i torched dayton for a 60 yard run! Go king!

ok..so i see no one is giving the king panthers a shot. well this game reminds me alot of the game in 2005 in dayton. both had great offensives and both had decent defenses and the game was for the district title. King prepares for dayton better than any team in district considering its a rivalry game. just like in 2005 king had a great full back who i believe is the best player in district. King will ground n pound dayton defense and will do enough to not lose this game and win just like in 2005 giving them there first district loss then and giving them it to them now dayton is a very tough team.. just doesnot have the interior to stop the triple option!

oh yeah if any body saw the 2005 game let me know... i torched dayton for a 60 yard run! Go king!

I would have to disagree with you concerning Alvester being the best player in district maybe 3rd. I honestly think that the battle here is Dayton's offense vs. Kings Defense.King won't be able to stop Cody/ A.J./ Payton threesome and will have a hard time playing from behind.   If you get a chance go and look at highschool gametime and watch #42 and #50 middle linebackers as well as #45 noseguard. These with the return of Evan Brown outside lineback will be too much even for Alvester. King has a couple of special players on offense Dayton has a defense that is gelling and shifting into overdrive at the right time. By the way I am a graduate of C.E.King 1986 as well as a former player for Coach Starnes.

ok..so i see no one is giving the king panthers a shot. well this game reminds me alot of the game in 2005 in dayton. both had great offensives and both had decent defenses and the game was for the district title. King prepares for dayton better than any team in district considering its a rivalry game. just like in 2005 king had a great full back who i believe is the best player in district. King will gorund n pound dayton defense and will do enough to not lose this game and win just like in 2005 giving them there first district loss then and giving them it to them now dayton is a very tough team.. just doesnot have the interior to stop the triple option!

No one is slighting King, they have lots of speed and are doing well this season. I remember that game in 2005, but I don't remember your run.

This will be a good game but I hope Dayton wins, the teams seem to match up well. Dayton has to slow Alexander down and play heads up defense to win. The same goes for King if their secondary is not ready it will be a long night. All in all, it is for the Championship and both teams will be ready, really looking forward to this one.

#1 I hear he is the real deal.

Best in the district?

we'll see friday night.

#2 what are you basing that statement on?

Trying to be 99% objective,but I know minus 1 or plus 1% I could be a little bit subjective !  Ok then -This Bronco team is so much fun to watch ,my gosh AJ.DUGAT, CODY GREEN -such talant that small highschool towns only dream about once in a blue moon.( not to mention all the other talanted supporting cast)  Cowgirl I like your style -concise, condenesed and to the point!  TO MUCH PURPLE in the inzone. ( just a plain fact ! )    I see this team jockying for D-11 state finals>>>> While Lake Travis & Longview breath a collective sigh of relief that they dont get to tangle with the likes of the  Dayton BRONCOS !!!!

( YEAH-now thats the tickett )

Trying to be 99% objective,but I know minus 1 or plus 1% I could be a little bit subjective !  Ok then -This Bronco team is so much fun to watch ,my gosh AJ.DUGAT, CODY GREEN -such talant that small highschool towns only dream about once in a blue moon.( not to mention all the other talanted supporting cast)   Cowgirl I like your style -concise, condenesed and to the point!  TO MUCH PURPLE in the inzone. ( just a plain fact ! )     I see this team jockying for D-11 state finals>>>> While Lake Travis & Longview breath a collective sigh of relief that they dont get to tangle with the likes of the  Dayton BRONCOS !!!!

( YEAH-now thats the tickett )

Big teams with power run games are the only teams I've seen give Dayton's defense much trouble.  I'm still leery since Dayton's defense lost 5 starters before the season to off-field stupid decisions.  Still I would expect Dayton to put up about 34-40 and see if King can top it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33