Dayton at C.E. King Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

Guest TravelingBandsman

This game will decide who becomes district champion for 19-4A. Look for this to be a great game, but I'm picking my Broncos to get the win.

Dayton - 21

C.E. King - 14

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

Well, C.E. King has a good running game, but Dayton has had a current history this season of having an amazing run defense except against North Forest, so we'll see.

Guest TravelingBandsman

It's nowhere near what it used to be when I was in the band. Its a shame they had to lose the previous director. He was pulling us back in the right direction.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Yah, they're show is called Things That Go Pop. Its really a horrible idea, but its several renditions of Pop Goes the Weasel apparently. Man, I miss my sophomore year when we had that Jazz Show, that was fun!

Guest TravelingBandsman

it won't be that close---Broncos by 21---will not be tested until second round

i like the way you think diamond j

I agree...

King hasn't seen the speed of Dayton all year.

By the way....

Will the winner of the first round face the Texas City district in the second?

I don't think so, we'll meet 20-4A first round, but then second round should be the winner in our part of the bracket between 17-4A and 18-4A. Provided we get past that, then we'll go back around to the four on top.

Dayton wins by at least 21.  King had a hard time stopping BH, we had one of our better offensive nights against them.  If King had a hard time with us, they are going to be in trouble against Dayton.  Once again to much Green and Dugat.  King does have a good offense and Dayton will have to play well to shut them down, but if Dayton brings their game no way King can hang with them.

Showdown set between Dayton, C.E. King

By Nick Cioci

The Baytown Sun

Published October 26, 2008

Dayton and C.E. King are headed for a showdown.

The Broncos and Panthers will play for first place in District 19-4A Friday at C.E. King.

The teams are both 5-0 in district play and 6-1 for the season.

They warmed up for the showdown with wins on Friday night.

C.E. King beat Goose Creek Memorial, 51-20, while Dayton beat Galena Park, 40-7.

Cody Green and A.J. Dugat led the Broncos, with Green accounting for five of their six touchdowns, three of them passes to Dugat.

Green hit Dugat on a 7-yard pass and a pair of 23-yard passes for their three scoring combinations.

Green’s other two scores came on the ground, a pair of one-yard runs.

The only other Bronco score on the day came on a Cameron Lacour 53-yard run.

The Panthers were led by Alvester Alexander and Josh Williams, who accounted for five of the Panthers’ seven touchdowns.

Alexander rushed 14 times for 155 yards and three touchdowns.

Williams was 1 of 5 passing for 39 yards and a touchdown to go along with 64 yards rushing and another touchdown.

Cody Larson and DeMartie Allen led the way for the Patriots in the loss.

Larson completed 9 of 24 passes for 108 yards and a touchdown while Allen had 20 rushes for 87 yards and two touchdowns.

Patriots coach Bret Boyd said the Panthers hurt them with Alexander running counter plays.

“We would overrun it trying to get people there for the option,†he said, “and they would miss a tackle on the backside and he was gone. That speed will kill you.

“It’s coming though. We’re getting a little bit better every week.â€

In other games, Crosby got a leg up on the other 19-4A schools fighting for the final two playoff spots beating Barbers Hill 30-26 Friday night.

Also, North Forest kept its playoff hopes alive with a 35-10 win over Kingwood Park.

Crosby head coach Kevin Flanigan said his backups really stepped up in place of injured running back Chance Casey.

“It was kind of like a preview of the future,†Flanigan said. “We started two sophomores in the backfield and two juniors at wide receiver.â€

Sophomore running back Forrest Tyler, sophomore quarterback Dominick Merka and junior receiver Xavier Frank led the way for the Cougars.

Tyler had 18 carries for 97 yards and three touchdowns while Merka had 22 rushes for 109 yards to go along with 19 of 29 passes and 224 yards and a touchdown.

Frank had six catches for 98 yards and a touchdown.

On the other hand, Barbers Hill will be fighting for its playoff lives in its last two regular-season games.

The Eagles host North Forest Friday and Galena Park on Nov. 7 and advance to the playoffs if they win both games.

Tony Carmona and Andrew Pagan led the Eagles in Friday night’s loss with Pagan having two receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown.

Carmona went 11 for 22 and 200 yards and a touchdown to go with 20 rushing attempts for 70 yards and another three touchdowns.

Christian Terry, Michael Sigers and De’Andre Stewart led the way for North Forest’s Bulldogs.

Sigers had eight rushes for 185 yards and two touchdowns, Stewart had 11 rushes for 149 and two scores and Terry had 10 rushes for 82 yards and a touchdown.

Adrian Quintero rushed 32 times for 169 yards for Kingwood Park.

Dayton continues to improve every week and it is gelling as a unit to be dealt with.Just the thought of A.J Dugat touching the ball worries defenders so they dbl.and triple up on him and leave others wide open.Dayton has a strike quick-shock attack game after game.Last year the defense was better overall but every week the Broncos show improvement.The Broncos are loaded with speed again-too much for King.My pick Broncos by a lot-4 tds.

I really miss being in 22-4A (20-4A) from the fan's perspective. It was so nice to go to games where there were as many opposing fans as there were ours. There was school spirit and pride no matter if the team was fighting for the district championship or in dead last. It rubbed off on our kids. We had spirit buses going to each away game. Galena Park had all of about 100 people in the stands and we are only 30 mins. from there. Our fans acted like they were watching the political debates on t.v. Our band didn't even play when we scored twice in the second half, once in the third and once at the beginning of the fourth.  I hope the King game has a little more spirit since it will determine the district championship.

Could be a good game                                                                                                    Everybody knows about the Broncos offense. What has struck me the last 2 weeks is the play of the Defense they are really starting to gel.                                                                                                            Evan Brown OLB is supposed to be back, that is where we were they have been hurting.                                                                                                                I know that it has only been 2 games but it looks like the Broncos have found a star in #42 Chad Stapleton he has been a Monster playing MLB. It is amazing that he has not played since 9th grade. The coaches have evidently done an excellent job catching him up to speed. I also happen to know that he used to play for King through 8the grade and is shall we say very hyped to play his old team mates which could be a bad news for Alvester and crew. It should be a good game and the best since district play has started but I have to go with the Broncos 46 King 14. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder