PN-G @ VIDOR ** LIVE UPDATES/VIDOR WINS!!!

Guest KHS 89

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been "impressed" w/ the Indians all year.    Can't figure it out either.  I think it boils down to the O Line...or lack of it.

When I said "Impressed" is because Crosby and BH is usually pretty good.  PNG has looked horrible this year, no blocking, no defense, decent WR's and decent QB.

BH and Crosby are down this year and it looks like the Indians are as well!!! Believe me when i say I know what yall are going through and it stinks ::) One thing to count on though is that you will rebound to much tradition at PNG to have to long of a losing spell! Good luck to you guys!

On another note I am happy to see teams like Vidor an Lumberton doing well as they have been through Decades of riding the bottom of the district!!! Congrats Pirates!!

PN-G    7

VIDOR  3

** Vidor protesting the TD claiming the Indians did not cross the goal line**

Ut Oh.......

If PN-G pulls this one off, mark my words.... Pirates fans will jump all over this!!

this was not a touch down

i was sitting in the general admission right side and had a clear, unobstructed view of it

the ball was at least half a yard away from the goalline, his head crossed, but the ball was nowhere near it

but no problem, its all good, good game png

and whats with jaren spikes aiming for our o-lines knees when we were kneelin the clock out???

that showed no class whatsoever, and he deserved to be booted

Congrats, Pirates, you deserved to win and I'll be rooting for you in your quest for the playoffs.  PNG, yet again, didn't show up tonight for the game.  Turnovers killed us, and WHY the punt returner tried to field the ball on the 5 yard line, who knows.  However, Vidor has a good team this year.  Stay focused and take it one game at a time....don't let the negatives that others say about you get you down...you have a good team, hang in there, and make 20-4A proud!

Congrats, Pirates, you deserved to win and I'll be rooting for you in your quest for the playoffs.  PNG, yet again, didn't show up tonight for the game.  Turnovers killed us, and WHY the punt returner tried to field the ball on the 5 yard line, who knows.  However, Vidor has a good team this year.  Stay focused and take it one game at a time....don't let the negatives that others say about you get you down...you have a good team, hang in there, and make 20-4A proud!

NDN, I think out of all the PNG fans I respect you the most... Thank you for that, and good luck to the Indians the rest of the way... Tatum showed his arm tonight, if only he had more time he would be deadly... And Wright was running all over us as well...

You m \y friend have showed more class than most, and i like it. Good game and we'll see yall next  year at new Reservation.

WAY TO GO PIRATES!!! 1 game at a time.

Well I believe we have the fumbles down to a minimum. We moved the ball well until we would commit a penalty. PN-G just looks flat. I have never seen a team from PN-G look so uninterested. Usually they have so much energy it is unreal. It is like they are going through the motions but hardly caring about the outcome. I am not bashing I am just giving my observations and do not mean to offend anyone. Vidor did come out in the first half and get the ball moving. We did not wait until the 2nd half to start throwing haymakers. They do have some very classy players. On several plays tonight I seen them help up our young men off the ground. My hat is off to them that is something that shows true sportsmanship no matter what the score board says. At times the PN-G O line looked very good and other times it looked like they took the play off... confused... It is like they are getting tired in the first half... Good luck the rest of the way Indians.

Again this isn't meant as bashing just what I seen tonight.

Well I believe we have the fumbles down to a minimum. We moved the ball well until we would commit a penalty. PN-G just looks flat. I have never seen a team from PN-G look so uninterested. Usually they have so much energy it is unreal. It is like they are going through the motions but hardly caring about the outcome. I am not bashing I am just giving my observations and do not mean to offend anyone. Vidor did come out in the first half and get the ball moving. We did not wait until the 2nd half to start throwing haymakers. They do have some very classy players. On several plays tonight I seen them help up our young men off the ground. My hat is off to them that is something that shows true sportsmanship no matter what the score board says. At times the PN-G O line looked very good and other times it looked like they took the play off... confused... It is like they are getting tired in the first half... Good luck the rest of the way Indians.

PNG has always been the class of mid-county, and they showed why tonight... Best sportsmanship of any team I've seen in a while, my hats off to Coach Burnett and his staff to teaching a team to play the game right...

Thanks coach, no bashing taken.  We are still playing old Burnett football. 65 + players on a team, but only play around 18.  That line cannot continue to play both ways.  Based on Jr high history as well as freshmen & jv history, this should have been the one of our best teams in years and too much is being asked of too few players.  There are excellent players on the bench who should be getting tons of playing time.  We go to the practices and see it regularly.  The same question is asked daily.

Turnovers doom PN-G at Vidor

By DAUCY CRIZER

Port Arthur News Sports Correspondent

VIDOR - It may be hard to comprehend that barely to the mid-way point of the district season that this was a must win for both Vidor and Port Neches-Groves, but reality said that the loser willhave an uphill battle to claim one of the four playoff spots.

In a toss-up game like this, you generally give the home team a slight advantage. Vidor used a ball-control offense and forced four PNG turnovers to pull out a 23-14 win Friday night at Pirate Stadium.

After opening district play with a win, the Indians have now lost three straight and are 3-3 overall and 1-3 in district play. With just three district games remaining, the Indians have their backs firmly against the wall and will likely have to win all three games to have any chance of making the playoffs.

“The kids never lack preparation or effort,†said PNG coach Matt Burnett. “We just haven’t had anything good happen for us the last couple of games. We just have to keep working hard in practice to get better and eventually something good will happen.â€

On this night, Vidor did a lot of things right. The Pirates offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage and the defense pitched a shutout in the second half. Vidor rushed the ball 52 times for 264 yards.

PN-G was able to move the ball on the ground with some success, 210 yards on 36 carries, but too many Indian drives ended short of the goal line.

“Vidor did a great job tonight,†Burnett said. “We made too many mistakes and turned the ball over with fumbles. We were able to move the ball up and down the field, but didn’t finish the deal and you can’t do that. You have to be able to finish drives.

“I thought we did a much better job in the second half of slowing down their (Vidor) ground game. You have to give them some credit because they had a good game plan and did a good job executing.â€

Down 16-14, PN-G opened the second half with a 9-play drive, mostly on the ground. The big play was a Caleb Harmon rush for 30 yards to the Vidor 14. After two negative plays left a third-and-21, Harrison Tatum hit Kyler Segura for a 2-yard completion. On fourth down, Tatum was sacked for a 13-yard loss.

After the Indians defense forced a punt, the offense again put a drive together deep into Pirate territory. On fourth-and-five from the Vidor 23, Tatum hit Justin Cegielski for a 2-yard completion, which turned the ball over to the Pirates.

After a Vidor punt, PNG had a bad exchange of a handoff from Tatum to Harmon, which was recovered by the Pirates at the Vidor 48.

PN-G’s defense held firm again, forcing the Pirates to punt from the Indians 40. The Indians’ Spencer DeRon tried to field the punt at the 2, but mishandled the ball, which was recovered by Vidor’s James Laramore.

The Pirates wasted little time as Chris Teinert scored on the next play from two yards out on a quarterback sneak to push the lead to 23-14 with 5:53 left in the game. That touchdown was the only points scored in the second half by either team.

“That’s what we do, we run the ball and everybody knows we’re going to run the ball,†said Vidor coach Jeff Matthews. “We tried to mix in the pass a little more tonight, but they (PN-G) are a very well coached team and they play hard. It was a shame that someone had to lose this game. Both teams fought their butts off.â€

Vidor used an effective ground game to control the clock for much of the first half. The Pirates had the ball for 8:26 of the first quarter and for over 15 minutes in the first half. An 11-play drive ended with a Shane Pitman fumble at the PN-G 18, which was recovered by the Indians Dallas Davis.

PN-G returned the favor two plays later when Harmon coughed the ball up at the 22. The Pirates took advantage of the field position and drove to the 8 before settling for a 25-yard field goal by Travis Greenway to take a 3-0 lead.

The Indians bounced back on their second possession. A steady diet of Harmon and Josh Wright moved the ball down the field. Harmon carried four times for 13 yards and Wright had four totes for 12 yards, the last of which went for a 1-yard TD plunge on fourth-and-goal to put PN-G up 7-3.

Vidor answered right back. On third-and-two, Pitman broke through the line of scrimmage for a 64-yard TD run to put the Pirates back on top 10-7.

After the two teams exchanged punts, it was the Indians Wright who bounced off left tackle for a 45-yard TD run to put PN-G back up 14-10.

Vidor used just about all of the 5:53 remaining on the clock in the second quarter for its go-ahead score before halftime. The Pirates used a 12-play attack, all on the ground, with Teinert scoring on a 1-yard quarterback sneak with 26 seconds left. Greenway’s extra point was wide right to give Vidor a 16-14 halftime lead.

Wright led all rushers with 113 yards of 15 carries for the Indians. Harmon added 83 yards on 15 totes. Harrison completed 3-of-7 passes for 23 yards.

Pitman led seven Pirates that touched the ball with 107 yards on nine rushes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder