*Nederland vs. Central Updates/JAGS WIN!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game. We should have kept feeding Grogan the ball. Kirby wasn't having one of his accurate throwing nights, and threw a couple picks. Plus we had a fumble. Defense looked great attimes, but 3rd down killed us all night. Last I saw was 20-10 with less than 5 minutes to play.

don't know how it ended but I know what I saw... Central ran the ball right down our throat all night. It looked like a freaking goal line offense all the way down the field.  What is sad is how well it worked.  Nederland was out of sync all night long.  They seemed confused and a little shocked at what was happening on the field. Central has a pretty good defense.  Nederland could not get that scoring machine moving all night.   Central scored 14 points of turnovers.  Nederlands secondary still needs to work on covering receivers.  Congrats to Central... Looks like district is wide open. I love it.  It will be fun to watch all the way to the end.  I don't think Nederland has another gimme game on the schedule. We are going to have to fight to win this district. No one is going to hand it to us.

Turnovers killed us the most, from both sides.  Both jag tds were after TOs after that, only two FGs. The jags put the ball on the ground at least three times but we never came up with it.  Also, there were several 3rd downs when it looked like we had them for a loss and they got a first down.  Grogan had his normal night, but the passing game never kicked in.  If we clean up the turnovers we will be ok for next week.

Central dominated the line play, offensive and defensive. They were the best team on the field tonight. I believe their No 1 running back went down on the 1st play, but it didn't matter. Central's QB was cool under pressure, used the clock well. He was dangerous in open field especially on 3rd down. Central's FG kicker was solid.

Dogs never got in sync, Kirby was pressured all night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder