*Lumberton vs. Central Updates*/RAIDERS WIN!!!

As I have mentioned before, I do not know much about football, and the evidence continues to mount. I thought Central would win this game but as most of you know, I was wrong. I believe my venture into football prognosticating is just about over. Congrats to the Lumberton Raiders for a well played game.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cmon BmtSoulja1...you got to be kidding me...Right? (intentionally losing)...As for iwonsee's comment about not needing respect/congrads, etc...I, for one, appreciate the congrads and the respect...It's taken a long time for the Raiders to earn the respect of area teams and I would hate to short-change them by writing off their accomplishments...Thanks for the classy comments and the lack of excuses...I will say one thing though...I hated all of the "blaming the officials" garbage from last week (when Vidor beat Lumberton) but it just may be that the injured defensive players were a key factor in the second half...Again, if they were hurt, it was probably due to Vidor playing "smash-mouth" football so kudos to the Pirates..But, I do have to believe that, with the starters in the game, things may have been different in Vidor...Who knows? That's not an excuse for the loss but I definitely saw a better second half team with Beard running the show against Central (broken collarbone and all).

broken collarbone??? there is no way in hell you can play football with a broken collarbone.

Great game Congrats to my Raiders. I will say the same thing I said last year, from the stands it once again looked like the kids from Central were very classy.

By the way Us real fans dont need or expect Congrats or Respect from other teams fans till we are in the Playoffs.

This district may go to anyone at this point!!

On that note, I wouldn't really expect or need it then because it doesn't just happen that way.

cmon BmtSoulja1...you got to be kidding me...Right? (intentionally losing)...As for iwonsee's comment about not needing respect/congrads, etc...I, for one, appreciate the congrads and the respect...It's taken a long time for the Raiders to earn the respect of area teams and I would hate to short-change them by writing off their accomplishments...Thanks for the classy comments and the lack of excuses...I will say one thing though...I hated all of the "blaming the officials" garbage from last week (when Vidor beat Lumberton) but it just may be that the injured defensive players were a key factor in the second half...Again, if they were hurt, it was probably due to Vidor playing "smash-mouth" football so kudos to the Pirates..But, I do have to believe that, with the starters in the game, things may have been different in Vidor...Who knows? That's not an excuse for the loss but I definitely saw a better second half team with Beard running the show against Central (broken collarbone and all).

broken collarbone??? there is no way in heck you can play football with a broken collarbone.

My thoughts exactly, if it is broken.  My brother broke his a few years ago and there is absolutely no way because if there was...he would have been on that field.

The broken collar-bone was just a repeat of what I heard Jacob Hanna say last night on the Tailgate Party...while being interviewed...don't know myself...I do know he made a difference....

Bmtsoulja1....from what I saw, 11 Raiders rushed the ball while Central was on its own "inch" line and the running back was tackled in the end zone...he then fumbled and a Raider fell on it for a TD...I don't see how that is a conspiracy of any kind...I just don't believe the Central coaching staff decided to throw in the towel so they could better position themselves for the playoffs...more than likely, all roads will lead to Dayton any way...good luck next week!

The sideline DR thought he had broke his collarbone but cleared him to play. He went to the DR today and was cleared with a deep bruise which is still really tough to play with. Guy ended up with 14 tackles...

Central didnt lose on purpose. Thats a pretty ignorant statment

The broken collar-bone was just a repeat of what I heard Jacob Hanna say last night on the Tailgate Party...while being interviewed...don't know myself...I do know he made a difference....

Bmtsoulja1....from what I saw, 11 Raiders rushed the ball while Central was on its own "inch" line and the running back was tackled in the end zone...he then fumbled and a Raider fell on it for a TD...I don't see how that is a conspiracy of any kind...I just don't believe the Central coaching staff decided to throw in the towel so they could better position themselves for the playoffs...more than likely, all roads will lead to Dayton any way...good luck next week!

When you are on the foot line, you do a dive play to give yourself room.  That was not a dive play.  It was another run from east to west.  The play ended in the back of the end zone, somewhere the ball had no business being.  If anything happens, we do three dive plays, then we punt.

The sideline DR thought he had broke his collarbone but cleared him to play. He went to the DR today and was cleared with a deep bruise which is still really tough to play with. Guy ended up with 14 tackles...

Central didnt lose on purpose. Thats a pretty ignorant statment

Whatever you say.  I bet you wasn't at this game either, huh?  If you was, you would have seen the same horsepucky I had to see...

I was at the game. your getting ridiculous

I guess you was watching the Halftime show. Because Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have seen that crap! I'm not getting ridiculous. You saw that mess, WTB... You saw that run play on 3rd and long and 4th and long.  You know, the run play that havn't worked all night...

I will say, Charles Thomas is a very good athlete. He was Centrals entire offense.

You're right.  And what's sad is that this kid wasn't even projected to play offense this year.  He is supposed to be on defense.  I guess when things get a little sour, we will try to pull out the stops.  BTW, we have other athletes on defense they we may need to consider being on offense.  Namely at the receiver position...

broken collarbone??? there is no way in heck you can play football with a broken collarbone.

Possibly it's true. Beard may have broken collar bone.

Possibly it's true. Beard may have broken collar bone.

No way he's playin with a broken collar bone.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

He doesn't have a broken clavicle (collar bone). Now this should put and end to this. Like WTB said earlier, the sideline Dr. thought he may have cracked it during the second punt return of the game and he did play hurt the rest of the game but as of right now there is no broken collar bone. I have had 2 fractured collar bone before and I'm telling U that U cannot play football with one. U can't even lift your arm at all...it's painful. I'm not going to go into detail about what's going on with the situation but no broken clavicle. He should be ready to go for Ozen...we're hoping.

[move]WOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/move]

Hey Jags, did you hear that train a coming? Jags looked like a deer in the headlights when the L-Train came at them. I wonder, how many picked the Jags to win?????  :o :o :o

I picked them to win. Like I said I hadn't seen Lumberton play but had seen Central play and said that was enough to form an uninformed opinion and picked Central. I was wrong. Congratulations to the L_Train.

I will say, Charles Thomas is a very good athlete. He was Centrals entire offense.

You're right.  And what's sad is that this kid wasn't even projected to play offense this year.  He is supposed to be on defense.  I guess when things get a little sour, we will try to pull out the stops.  BTW, we have other athletes on defense they we may need to consider being on offense.  Namely at the receiver position...

I hope you're calm now Soulja and a bit more rationale!  I didn't look at this thread over the weekend while at work and was distracted by the other thread yesterday...but man that hurts!  As I'm sure you and every other Jag fan was ticked off...but Lumberton played a good game!  Our game plan is RUN!  I'll say it one more time for the "slow people" :P....RUN!  When all else fails, you RUN!  Now, I'm no coach but I think we should be able to throw when they are backed off us, but with all that speed in the backfield we have, sometimes it feels good to RUN!  Our WR's will get their chance and when they do...they gotta take advantage! 

As far as next week...I don't think we'll get crushed!  But it will be a "Dawg Fight" and they better be ready!  If people don't like the product...don't show up!  DON'T COME TO THE GAME AT ALL! :-[ :'(  This is what we got...WE ARE NOT A 1-9 TEAM like in 04...I think Coach J got a raw deal, but Stowers has done it right since he's been here...we are either gonna support him or not!  If you quit coming now....DON'T TRY TO COME BACK WHEN WE ARE ROLLING ALONG! ::)  As I always say....we'll be fine.  Relax...Take a chill pill, as my Aunt always says.  I know Soulja, you'll be there...

Now, if we play them again...I think it'll be a different story!  We moved the ball on them but didn't exucute!  It sucks when 10 people do their job right and 1 screws it up!  When they hit Charlie in the endzone there was a blocking bust!  The DT came in the backfield untouched!  So in that crucial situation a mistake like that is very costly!  It would have been nice to see em give it to the FB or even QB sneek...but I can live with it as long as we don't do it again...if we learn from this game...we'll be good! 8)

I hope you're calm now Soulja and a bit more rationale!  I didn't look at this thread over the weekend while at work and was distracted by the other thread yesterday...but man that hurts!  As I'm sure you and every other Jag fan was ticked off...but Lumberton played a good game!  Our game plan is RUN!  I'll say it one more time for the "slow people" :P....RUN!  When all else fails, you RUN!  Now, I'm no coach but I think we should be able to throw when they are backed off us, but with all that speed in the backfield we have, sometimes it feels good to RUN!  Our WR's will get their chance and when they do...they gotta take advantage!   

As far as next week...I don't think we'll get crushed!  But it will be a "Dawg Fight" and they better be ready!  If people don't like the product...don't show up!  DON'T COME TO THE GAME AT ALL! :-[ :'(  This is what we got...WE ARE NOT A 1-9 TEAM like in 04...I think Coach J got a raw deal, but Stowers has done it right since he's been here...we are either gonna support him or not!  If you quit coming now....DON'T TRY TO COME BACK WHEN WE ARE ROLLING ALONG! ::)  As I always say....we'll be fine.  Relax...Take a chill pill, as my Aunt always says.  I know Soulja, you'll be there...

Now, if we play them again...I think it'll be a different story!  We moved the ball on them but didn't exucute!  It sucks when 10 people do their job right and 1 screws it up!  When they hit Charlie in the endzone there was a blocking bust!  The DT came in the backfield untouched!  So in that crucial situation a mistake like that is very costly!  It would have been nice to see em give it to the FB or even QB sneek...but I can live with it as long as we don't do it again...if we learn from this game...we'll be good! 8)

I'm cool now.  And yes, I'll be at the game.  I just hope we can learn a lot from the Lumberton loss, because there was a lot to learn from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin