*Lumberton vs. Central Updates*/RAIDERS WIN!!!

I'll store this post out by giving Lumberton their props.  Hanna was a man tonight.  Lumberton's Offense was effective, they blocked, and they executed.  They looked every bit of a playoff team to me. 

On defense, they basically kept everything in front of them.  They knew we had speed and played their cornerbacks 15 yards off of the line.  Their OLB played containment the whole night to stop our runs to the outside.  Excellent coaching all night.  We blitzed in the middle, they did a screen pass for big yardage.  We blitzed on the outside, they did a delayed handoff for big yardage.

Our coaching went braindead in this one.  I mean, we sucked to the lowest level of suckage.  You keep running the same play that they are expecting.  We could not move the ball at all in the first half.  Hello!!!  Lumberton's DB's are 15 yards off the line of scrimmage with NO  safety!  We don't throw a slant untill the 4th quarter, where our receivers dropped the passes.  In the third quarter I believe, we have been moving the ball better.  It is 4th and 1 and we're driving.  YOU CANNOT GET THE PLAY IN.  Kids are asking for the play, you just stand there.  You take the delay of game instead of calling a T.O.  Then you punt.  Possessions later, you call a T.O. on 3rd and long just to come back in do a RUNNING PLAY that have not worked all night!!!  Lumberton kicks the ball off to us while it's a 1 score game.  Returner bobbles the ball in the end zone.  Instead of kneeling it, you take the return and reverse field and get tackled on the 1 yard line??!!!  1st and 10 on  your own 1 foot line and you do a run play that have been getting stopped all night and your get tackled fumble and give them a dang TD.  Your killing me.  Almost all of the Jag fans left after this point.  Couldn't bear to see the trash coaching going on.  It's almost like the coaches wanted us to lose.  Almost like they made a bet with someone from Lumberton. 'I bet I can cause us to lose.  Just watch.'  It's truely pathetic because our kids shouldn't be forced to go through this.  One more thing.  Where in the heck was our starting QB in the second half?  He wasn't hurt, but mad on the sideline because he couldnt' get in and make a difference. 

Game ball goes to Beard from Lumberton.  This kid was everywhere making tackles and making everything difficult for us.

BTW, We will get crushed like a Fanta orange can next week.  I bet somebody that wears Maroon and Gray will like to hear that... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You are a class act soulja, See u and your jags in the playoffs.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Train looked good tonight - I'll take 34-20, but it realistically could and should of been 34-7 or so, given that Central's scores were on a KR, a pick-6, and a sack where the QB pitched it a millisecond before hitting the turf. 

Central hardly moved the ball at all other than the one drive they got down to the 15 before stalling out.  Lumberton's D stepped up big.

Bring on Ozen.

Lumberton did a AWESOME game.

we wooped up on some jaguars.

dont under estimate our raiders!!

and vidorians can SHUT IT.

everyone has off games.

be prepared next time :P

That wasn't no down game. You got your butts handed to you in the second half and were outcoached. That's a fact. Just get used to it and move on. Your coaches obviously did.

Congrats on the win. I really thought Central had that one sewn up. Just goes to show you never know. Now make sure you guys knock off some Bulldogs and Indians, alright?

everyone has off games.

this is exactly what i am talking about... immature and childish, i was gonna say grats to lumberton on a great win and for proveing me wrong, but instead, i won't bother

Great game Congrats to my Raiders. I will say the same thing I said last year, from the stands it once again looked like the kids from Central were very classy.

By the way Us real fans dont need or expect Congrats or Respect from other teams fans till we are in the Playoffs.

This district may go to anyone at this point!!

I'll store this post out by giving Lumberton their props.  Hanna was a man tonight.  Lumberton's Offense was effective, they blocked, and they executed.  They looked every bit of a playoff team to me. 

On defense, they basically kept everything in front of them.  They knew we had speed and played their cornerbacks 15 yards off of the line.  Their OLB played containment the whole night to stop our runs to the outside.  Excellent coaching all night.  We blitzed in the middle, they did a screen pass for big yardage.  We blitzed on the outside, they did a delayed handoff for big yardage.

Our coaching went braindead in this one.  I mean, we sucked to the lowest level of suckage.  You keep running the same play that they are expecting.  We could not move the ball at all in the first half.  Hello!!!  Lumberton's DB's are 15 yards off the line of scrimmage with NO  safety!  We don't throw a slant untill the 4th quarter, where our receivers dropped the passes.  In the third quarter I believe, we have been moving the ball better.  It is 4th and 1 and we're driving.  YOU CANNOT GET THE PLAY IN.  Kids are asking for the play, you just stand there.  You take the delay of game instead of calling a T.O.  Then you punt.  Possessions later, you call a T.O. on 3rd and long just to come back in do a RUNNING PLAY that have not worked all night!!!  Lumberton kicks the ball off to us while it's a 1 score game.  Returner bobbles the ball in the end zone.  Instead of kneeling it, you take the return and reverse field and get tackled on the 1 yard line??!!!  1st and 10 on  your own 1 foot line and you do a run play that have been getting stopped all night and your get tackled fumble and give them a dang TD.  Your killing me.  Almost all of the Jag fans left after this point.  Couldn't bear to see the trash coaching going on.  It's almost like the coaches wanted us to lose.  Almost like they made a bet with someone from Lumberton. 'I bet I can cause us to lose.  Just watch.'  It's truely pathetic because our kids shouldn't be forced to go through this.  One more thing.  Where in the heck was our starting QB in the second half?  He wasn't hurt, but mad on the sideline because he couldnt' get in and make a difference. 

Game ball goes to Beard from Lumberton.  This kid was everywhere making tackles and making everything difficult for us.

BTW, We will get crushed like a Fanta orange can next week.  I bet somebody that wears Maroon and Gray will like to hear that... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Man, you were not kidding on the phone, bro. You told it like it is. Hope that you guys bounce back next week.

I am a little shocked being the disciplinarian that I know that the Lumberton coaching staff is, that they allowed a played that was kicked out in the previous game to even suit out for this game.  I guess times have changed.  It wouldn't matter if it was a state championship game, he probably should have sat out.

I am a little shocked being the disciplinarian that I know that the Lumberton coaching staff is, that they allowed a played that was kicked out in the previous game to even suit out for this game.  I guess times have changed.  It wouldn't matter if it was a state championship game, he probably should have sat out.

My kids are Lumberton students.  They tell me that Coach Credeur has disciplinary methods that would not include sitting a kid out of a game but would still get the point across.  I am quite certain that Mr. Hanna received his discipline.  It however, is between he and Coach Credeur and none of us.

everyone has off games.

That wasn't no down game. You got your butts handed to you in the second half and were outcoached. That's a fact. Just get used to it and move on. Your coaches obviously did.

Congrats on the win. I really thought Central had that one sewn up. Just goes to show you never know. Now make sure you guys knock off some Bulldogs and Indians, alright?

the indians for sure!!!

bulldogs, are going to be tough.

their running back is pretty tough.

but so is all of ours.

its going to be a tight and close game.

Guest tigersvoice

I think we were intentionally trying to lose that game.

Yeah, I agree.  Third and fourth seeds are a better position than first and second seeds. :o

cmon BmtSoulja1...you got to be kidding me...Right? (intentionally losing)...As for iwonsee's comment about not needing respect/congrads, etc...I, for one, appreciate the congrads and the respect...It's taken a long time for the Raiders to earn the respect of area teams and I would hate to short-change them by writing off their accomplishments...Thanks for the classy comments and the lack of excuses...I will say one thing though...I hated all of the "blaming the officials" garbage from last week (when Vidor beat Lumberton) but it just may be that the injured defensive players were a key factor in the second half...Again, if they were hurt, it was probably due to Vidor playing "smash-mouth" football so kudos to the Pirates..But, I do have to believe that, with the starters in the game, things may have been different in Vidor...Who knows? That's not an excuse for the loss but I definitely saw a better second half team with Beard running the show against Central (broken collarbone and all).

cmon BmtSoulja1...you got to be kidding me...Right? (intentionally losing)...As for iwonsee's comment about not needing respect/congrads, etc...I, for one, appreciate the congrads and the respect...It's taken a long time for the Raiders to earn the respect of area teams and I would hate to short-change them by writing off their accomplishments...Thanks for the classy comments and the lack of excuses...I will say one thing though...I hated all of the "blaming the officials" garbage from last week (when Vidor beat Lumberton) but it just may be that the injured defensive players were a key factor in the second half...Again, if they were hurt, it was probably due to Vidor playing "smash-mouth" football so kudos to the Pirates..But, I do have to believe that, with the starters in the game, things may have been different in Vidor...Who knows? That's not an excuse for the loss but I definitely saw a better second half team with Beard running the show against Central (broken collarbone and all).

i believe he's saying that with tongue in cheek.  congrats to lumberton.  i've ordered my crow online from a special crow farm, and it should be here today for me to grill up. 

I really meant that. I know you saw the same game I saw. There was time that we was put in bad possitions. On of them is the tackle in our own end zone when our player fumbled and yall got a TD. Need I go on? 

It's really sad and sickening, if you ask me...

Why would a team that is undefeated want to 'intentionally lose a game'?.

As far as the player running the ball out of the endzone instead of downing it...I thought he just 'panicked'.

Then, with the ball on the 1 yd line...maybe they thought a safety was the 'best to hope for' instead of throwing an interception?  He did end up fumbling but do you think he fumbled 'on purpose'?. Looked to me like he had help (2 defenders on him helping to cause the fumble).

OTOH...maybe Lumberton was just better than what you expected?

Vidor beat us fair and square. But after looking at the stats for that game...they didn't 'dominate' on the field like they said they did. They played better in the second half when it counted.

They had 32 yards more in total offense than we did. Penalties hurt us bad in that game. We had 100 yards in penalties opposed to their 40.

We had 75 yards more in total offense than Central. Central had 70 yards in penalties as opposed to 45 for Lumberton.

Shows how important special teams and defensive plays are.

Maybe Central just thought they had this one in the bag before it started? That's a bad place to be if that was the case. We know...I think that may have had a lot to do with our loss to Vidor (thinking we had it won after the first half). Then being 'stunned' when the tables turned.

Reading all that was said about Central on here...I really expected way better from them. Wasn't even sure we could win this one after the way we played in Vidor.

Goes to show that anyone can have a bad night and any team can win on any given night. Nothing should be taken for granted.

I was impressed with our guys last night. Too bad the feeling is that Central 'wanted to lose'. Looked to me that Lumberton wanted to win.

Great job both teams....They both gave all they had and the better team walked away a winner! Lumberton proved me wrong big time! This game was a great game that had me on the edge of my seat all night! Lumberton's Defense was a total night and day difference from what I saw at the vidor game. Keep the momentum going and keep getting better!!

BTW did anyone at the game notice some of the "WOW" calls by the refs? A few times they couldnt make up their mind which team they wanted to put the foul on. But they can keep calling all the penalties they want....it's not gonna slow down THE TRAIN!

[move]CHOO CHOOOOOOOOO!!!![/move]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder