Up To Now Who are your Surprises and Disappointments?

Guest Jags

Surprises... Vidor, Nederland

Disappointments... Jasper, Ozen

IMO, I don't think you can put in Jasper with the disappointment category...True, it looks disappointing because they don't have a good looking record right now, but they have played extremely tough games lately and they have been close in score.

Vidor is definitly a decent surprise this year.

Surprises... Vidor, Nederland

Disappointments... Jasper, Ozen

IMO, I don't think you can put in Jasper with the disappointment category...True, it looks disappointing because they don't have a good looking record right now, but they have played extremely tough games lately and they have been close in score.

Vidor is definitly a decent surprise this year.

You are right Jasper has played some tough teams and they will get things rolling just like last year.

EVERYONES SURPRISE WILL BE HIGH ISLAND AFTER TOMORROW NIGHT.  JUST PLAYING THE GAME IS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT. BUT A VICTORY WILL BE VERY REWARDING FOR THE TEAM AND THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.

DISAPPOINTMENT - HARDIN

Dude,

I'll be rooting and praying for you, High Island is the alma mater of my dad, mom and several aunts and uncles. Also, a few cousins, so go Cards and kick Hardins butt.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Surprise: Vidor -----  I think they may be a spoiler for one or two teams in the district this year.

Disappointment: Ozen.....

I think that Vidor may be more than a spoiler and go ahead and make the playoffs themselves.

I think that Vidor may be more than a spoiler and go ahead and make the playoffs themselves.

Well when you take into consideration that more than half of the district will get into the playoffs, it ain't that big of an accomplishment. Winning district or runner up is the only thing to boast anymore. And as far as most are concerned the playoffs don't really start now until after bi-district.

Not exactly. 20-4A is a very tough district. True at this point and time we do not know how it will end. Most believe the top 4 finishers in this district will play each other close. Which means to me once in the playoffs begin some of our lower tier finishers may be able to surprise some of the top seeds in other districts. In theory.

Not exactly. 20-4A is a very tough district. True at this point and time we do not know how it will end. Most believe the top 4 finishers in this district will play each other close. Which means to me once in the playoffs begin some of our lower tier finishers may be able to surprise some of the top seeds in other districts. In theory.

I wouldn't put money on that.

The district is tuff against one another, but I just don't seeing it being competetive outside of Bi-District this year.

Guest Indian Chief

Our District compared to alot others is not strong!

This is based on what?

Just look around the State at the different 4A Districts. There are several in the DFW area that we're not as strong as, The Texas City District is stronger than ours, The 4A District in NE Texas with Longview, well enough said.

Guest Brubaker

Recent History???  Lumberton and Dayton made DEEEEEEP playoff runs last year, how much more recent can you get????  Granted Dayton is no longer in our district, but we still are one of the top 3-4 districts for consistency.  PNG got beat by the state champion, so wouldn't call them a slouch last year either, we don't know how far they could've gone.  204A is a solid district.

surprise---lumberton

disappointment---Ozen

LUMBERTON WAS A RANKED TEAM HOW ARE THEY A SURPRISE?? THEY WERE PICKED BETTER THAN DAYTON.

not preseason

i think they've played well enought to be a surprise. after all the seniors they lost, a lot of folks felt they wouldn't be as competitive as they are.

Well when you take into consideration that more than half of the district will get into the playoffs, it ain't that big of an accomplishment. Winning district or runner up is the only thing to boast anymore. And as far as most are concerned the playoffs don't really start now until after bi-district.

You are correct but I was only responding to the "spoiler" statement made by KHS. A team isn't a spoiler if they make the playoffs themselves and I thought it was a bit premature to cut Vidor out of the hunt for a spot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin