Mid County Madness Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland gave up 284 yards to Ozen and I would venture to guess that most of those yards were after Nederland jumped out to a 28-7 lead...Ozen had the two scores after the game was pretty much (although not completely) out of hand and they accumulated some yards there...Nederland's D was much improved from previous weeks and I don't want to hear that Ozen isn't any good because all we heard before the game was how fast and talented Ozen was and how Nederland would have little or no chance of stopping all that firepower.

I fail to see why you PN-G guys think that you are going to BLOW NEDERLAND OUT. Your defense gave up 410 yards to a 1-2 Crosby team that is very average this season. 178 rushing and 232 passing. Crosby has thrown for less than 100 yards in both of its other two games which leads me to believe that the Bulldogs will have plenty of success throwing the football. You squeaked out a 1-point win on a blocked kick and it looks like Crosby won every statistical category except the final score. In the game before that you beat an 0-3 Barbers Hill team by only 5 points although it looked statistically as though the game may not have been as close as the final score. The win over LC-M was total domination, but I think that everyone agrees that LC-M is pretty weak.

I do think PN-G is a good football team with a very physical style of play. I also think that Nederland will have trouble stopping Wright and Harmon and I feel that Tatum is a good QB. But, I hope the players are taking Nederland as lightly as some of the fans are because they will be surprised if so. Should be a great ballgame, but to those predicting a PN-G blowout I think you might be disappointed.

Nederland looked much better last week than they did against a solid WO-S team week 1. If they can get the running game going again and PN-G has to play man on man against our WR's, then I like our chances. Regardless, I think this will be a close game no matter who ends up winning it.

I fail to see why you PN-G guys think that you are going to BLOW NEDERLAND OUT. Your defense gave up 410 yards to a 1-2 Crosby team that is very average this season. 178 rushing and 232 passing. Crosby has thrown for less than 100 yards in both of its other two games which leads me to believe that the Bulldogs will have plenty of success throwing the football. You squeaked out a 1-point win on a blocked kick and it looks like Crosby won every statistical category except the final score. In the game before that you beat an 0-3 Barbers Hill team by only 5 points although it looked statistically as though the game may not have been as close as the final score. The win over LC-M was total domination, but I think that everyone agrees that LC-M is pretty weak.

I do think PN-G is a good football team with a very physical style of play. I also think that Nederland will have trouble stopping Wright and Harmon and I feel that Tatum is a good QB. But, I hope the players are taking Nederland as lightly as some of the fans are because they will be surprised if so. Should be a great ballgame, but to those predicting a PN-G blowout I think you might be disappointed.

Nederland looked much better last week than they did against a solid WO-S team week 1. If they can get the running game going again and PN-G has to play man on man against our WR's, then I like our chances. Regardless, I think this will be a close game no matter who ends up winning it.

I agree with you Jake. I think the game will come down to turnovers or who has the ball last.

It will be a good game.

I agree with you Jake. I think the game will come down to turnovers or who has the ball last.

It will be a good game.

I agree it will be a good game, I am just wondering how fast is Ned's bid back? Is he fast or does he just run over people?

Jake, You are exactly 100% right.  PNG is not that good and if they would have played WOS this year they would have gotten smoked as well. 

I believe the bible is true when it says: Pride comes before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction 8) 8)  It will be a close and hard fought game one both sides and either team could win.

You can throw out ever stat, what happen last year, and what happen many years in the past.  We are at the present time & this coming Saturday night will be a great game.  Big Ned has great coaching and very skilled recievers.  PNG does what it does best and that is run over & around other teams.  Every once in a while we throw a pass here & there.  I'm looking for a very tight game PNG 24 - BigNed 20.  Goodluck to both teams, you represent Mid County well on and off the field.

nederland was easy to stop last year... their the same team this year minus their amaaazing all american dravanti johnson lol. good luck.. see yal at the big show

You don't even have a clue! Not the same team at all but you just keep on thinking that. And we have heard that greatest fans in the world before, but you guy's take a 'L' Saturday night and we will see how long it takes the fans to turn on the coach.

Last week was only only one game, but if it is an indication of things to come, Nederland is far from the same team as last year...last year, we had no running game to speak of and this year, we appear to have found one...the O-line showed great improvement last week and now that Grogan knows he is the man at RB, I believe he will continue to be a force...the passing game was good last year and is at least as good this year if not better...the key for Nederland will be the play of the D.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Enough B.S.  There will be no blowout by 400 points, it will be a tough, hard hitting, and exciting edition of MCM.  Just like in years past.  Both of these teams have some really good talent.  I think this will be one of the better MCM games.  The team that steps up their defense and controls the line of scrimmage on offense will win this close one.  If you are not going to be on the field Saturday night, stop talking smack you can't do anything to back it up.  Just sit back and enjoy the game.  Take in the beautiful green grass, cool crisp air, the roar of the crowd and and be thankful that we are able to play this edition of MCM, oh and don't forget to smile.

Go Big Purple!

Blah, Blah, Blah...Enough B.S.  There will be no blowout by 400 points, it will be a tough, hard hitting, and exciting edition of MCM.  Just like in years past.  Both of these teams have some really good talent.  I think this will be one of the better MCM games.  The team that steps up their defense and controls the line of scrimmage on offense will win this close one.  If you are not going to be on the field Saturday night, stop talking smack you can't do anything to back it up.  Just sit back and enjoy the game.  Take in the beautiful green grass, cool crisp air, the roar of the crowd and and be thankful that we are able to play this edition of MCM, oh and don't forget to smile.

Go Big Purple!

Good post.  Sometimes we "adoring" fans get carried away.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder