*PN-G vs. LC-M.....PNG WINS 34-7*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCm and Livingston will be a good one......might be the game for last place!

LCM will blow them out

They will need to learn how to tackle sounds like. Dont know about this year but the last two years they didnt tackle or hit in practice and it certainly shows, you play like you practice.

PNG 408 total yards     LCM around 150 total yards          

PNG starting to gel and ready to rock the bull pups world on Saturday ;)

Early prediction PNG 35  Ned 14

Someone has had a little too much to drink...haha

Really? Then make it PNG 42  Ned 14

Why not just make 100-14...  I know you guys just beat the almighty LC-M Bears but, just relax.  I am sure it will be a close game just like the last 4 or 5 games have been.

i went and checked this game out... PNG did not impress me... bears have no hope. nor coaches, guess moody brainwashes his coaches and its his way or the highway come to find out...

You have to understand that ALL of the teams in the area haven't been practicing too long after the hurricane put a two week damper on everybody. I would say that over 400 yards of offense is impressive no matter who you play.  I don't know who you root for, but if it's LCM I would think anything would impress you.

PN-G rushes past LC-M, 34-7

By Gabriel Pruett

Southeast Texas News Group

LITTLE CYPRESS - The Port Neches-Groves Indians stuck to their bread and butter on offense Tuesday night and it worked to almost perfection.

The plan was obvious to stick to the running game and wear down the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears.

PN-G (3-0, 1-0) trounced LC-M’s (0-2, 0-1) defense for 323 yards on the ground en route to a 34-7 victory to open the District 20-4A schedule for both teams.

Josh Wright was the workhorse for the Indians on this night as the senior bruised his way for 155 yards on 20 carries with three scores.

LC-M was outgained 412-145 in the game. PN-G also led with 23 first downs compared to just nine for the Bears.

While the Indians offense was steam rolling, the defense was punishing especially in the first half.

The Bears

Blake Perry led the Bears with 29 yards on six carries and sophomore quarterback Hunter Gonzales continued to show potential.

Gonzales was 9-for-18 passing for 50 yards with no interceptions. The Bears lone score came in the fourth quarter on a halfback option as Chad Humphrey hooked up with Samuel Burton in the back of end zone to seal the final score.

PN-G only scored once in the entire second half after putting up 28 points in the first two frames.

The second half score came with 7:59 left in the game as Jareb Logan found paydirt from 1-yard out. It was the Indians next to last drive of the night and PN-G did a great job running down the clock.

The scoring drive started on the PN-G 23 yard line and took nine plays to finish.

PN-G quarterback Harrison Tatum continued to show a great arm in his final season with the Indians as he was 5-for-9 for 89 yards and no interceptions.

Spencer DeRon hauled in two receptions for 58 yards and Kyler Segura had 25 yards on two catches.

The first half was all Indians as the rushing attack was the main focus of the PN-G attack.

PN-G rushes past LC-M, 34-7

By Gabriel Pruett

Southeast Texas News Group

PN-G led 28-0 at the break after rushing for 180 yards, 129 coming off the legs of Wright.

It all started on the first drive of the night as PN-G took over on the Bears’ 48-yard line after David St. Clair took the opening kick 42 yards.

Wright teamed up with Harmon for the next 48 yards, ending with a 7-yard touchdown scamper to make it 7-0 with 7:11 left in the first.

A LC-M punt set the Indians up at their own 19-yard line with 4:50 left in the first period.

Wright carried the first play of the drive for 34 yards bringing PN-G down to the Bears 47-yard line.

Tatum showed off his arm on the next play, finding a wide open Spencer DeRon.

DeRon did the rest of the work and scored from 47 yards out to make it 14-0 with 4:21 left in the first quarter.

LC-M’s offense could only muster up seven yards on the next series and once again gave PN-G great field position as the Indians set up on their own 49.

After Harmon scooted for three yards, Tatum found DeRon for 11 yards.

Two plays later it was Kyler Segura hauling in a 13-yard strike from Tatum bringing PN-G down to the LC-M 19-yard line.

Harmon ran for another three yards before Wright struck once again.

Wright went at the right side of the LC-M defense again and it paid off for a 16-yard touchdown scamper to bring the score to 21-0 with 11:11 left in the first half.

It took until right before the break for PN-G to make it 28-0 as Wright scored his third touchdown of the first half, this time from 1-yard out.

Wright had 20 yards on the 39-yard scoring drive.

The Indians’ defense was equally impressive as the PN-G defense as the Bears were limited to just 26 yards of offense in the first half.

i went and checked this game out... PNG did not impress me... bears have no hope. nor coaches, guess moody brainwashes his coaches and its his way or the highway come to find out...

Lets see lcm finally scored in the 4th quarter against nothing but 2nd string no starters in, and we still almost scored again, we pulled most of the starters in the 3rd and all of them in the 4th. I was impressed with Tatum tonight hes reall startin to gel with his WRs, and all those rushing yards against any team is impressive, the staff did really well shufflin in and out fresh bodies in "D"

i went and checked this game out... PNG did not impress me...

Why, because they didn't score 50+???

That is Matt's MO. He doesn't like to run up the score. He never has.

What else didn't impress you?

The 24 yards allowed in the first half before the starters came out.

The 0 first downs allowed at halftime (the 1 gained was not earned-penalty).

The fact that PNG didn't throw the ball all over the place with the spread offense. Tatum was dead on target all night long and could have thrown for 300+ if unleashed. Don't forget that a couple of his incompletions were drops and one would have been a long TD on the post route.

The spread offense is no longer a rarity. It used to be that a defense would be at a disadvantage when preparing for the spread because they only saw it once or maybe twice a year, but not anymore. Now everybody is running it and I think this is what is making PNG so successful right now with the power running attack. I think most teams preping for the running attack are just not used to it.

So far PNG has faced three teams all running the spread. Nederland runs it, Vidor runs it, Ozen ran it (hear they are going back to basics), Central has run it recently.  Lumberton and PNG pound it out and are succesful lately and Nederland was a playoff regular before they went to the spread (go figure). While I agree PNG needs to throw more and use more playaction, because come playoff time you have to be more two dimensional, I can't fault the results.

A couple of years ago I thought Moody was going to be a good coach after watching what they did to PNG, but this guy is a real moron. Down 28-0, late in the 3rd quarter, 4th and 3 near PNG's 45 yard line, when every one in the stadium knew that they were going to run a fake punt, he did it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you run the fake punt when you think you can catch the defense off gaurd. Why would you not just run a play???? They had actually moved the ball a little on that drive.

LCM is young and with a new coach and better direction they could be a force in a couple of years. I was shocked that the big WR #80 was only a freshman.

You have to understand that ALL of the teams in the area haven't been practicing too long after the hurricane put a two week damper on everybody. I would say that over 400 yards of offense is impressive no matter who you play.  I don't know who you root for, but if it's LCM I would think anything would impress you.

If that is the case scalp 'em, then you should be impressed with Nederland as well as they had 400 yards of offense last night as well...i would venture to say that Ozen is better than LCM, although I have not seen LCM...MCM will be it's usual, highly competetive game.

If you look back I posted " Ozen ran it (hear they are going back to basics), Central has run it recently".

Vidor has lined up and attempted the spread in the recent past. I know last year they ran mostly. But my point was that the spread has lost it's luster! And now you are seeing more teams go back to the power running games. Hell even Lamarque scrapped the spread this year, of course it ain't workin' out too well for them now is it! Where is PATitan????

If that is the case scalp 'em, then you should be impressed with Nederland as well as they had 400 yards of offense last night as well...i would venture to say that Ozen is better than LCM, although I have not seen LCM...MCM will be it's usual, highly competetive game.

I would put lcm and ozen as a toss up. 

Also, you can line up any way you want on offense and call it anything you want.  Nederland has never accomplished the spread since they switched.  Last night they throw for 180 and run for 220.  Seems like they are trying to go back to the bread and butter.......they just call it the spread.

Balance is key no matter what the formation is...Nederland desperately needed to develop a running game...I believe they definitely found it last night...the mix between pass and run was a big key to Nederland's offensive success last night

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont