EC vs. Deweyville Predictions?

KFDM COOP

HD beat Deweyville in a scrimmage when Deweyville threw 80 percent of the time trying out the new offense, when we did run the ball HD didn't stop Deweyville.  New Coach with totally new offense/defense being taught in a scrimmage does not mean squat now.  Example, Deweyville ran 70 - 75 percent against HF in the game, HF is a good football team with good Coaching. The turnovers were caused by pressure and hits on the ball carriers/QB if you had seen the game you would know this, as far as HD being in this District we will never know cause they aren't, so your opinion that HD could compete in 23aa is one that is not shared by me.  EC may beat Deweyville, this District is tough, the Champs I believe will have at least 1 loss due to the balance this year in the District.

Ahh, but if you read my post it says "more times than not not" turnovers are a result of lack of timing and practice. You are right, I didn't see the HF vs. Deweyville game, but I did see the Deweyville vs. HD scrimmage, and the Pirates were not impressive, in my opinion reguardless of the offense they were running or trying to install. Hull-Daisetta was never stopped on their offensive snaps, while they shut down the Pirates and forced a few turnovers along the way. Deweyville just didn't seem to have alot of good athletes on the field. In small school ball it doesn't matter if you run the spread, zone read, wing-T, wishbone or anything in between, it all boils down to athletes in which East Chambers has the edge. You have your best 11 kids on the field, in hopefully the right positions for the most success for the team, and let 'em go. Heart and determination can be somewhat of a deciding factor, but only to a certain extent. Good luck to both teams and I won't even be sorry if I'm wrong, because I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs go down, but this is just my opinion.

P.S. As far as HD not being able to compete in the district, we've already handed Warren and Hardin their only losses, and dominated Deweyville in a live scrimmage (ohh yeah, that doesnt' count.....riiigght) who's only loss was in OT to Hampshire-Fanett. Anahuc looks to be weaker than all three of these teams and Kountze would have came down to the wire if that game wasn't cancelled due to the Hurricane. With all that being said, I think HD could at least "compete" in your district ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD beat Deweyville in a scrimmage when Deweyville threw 80 percent of the time trying out the new offense, when we did run the ball HD didn't stop Deweyville.  New Coach with totally new offense/defense being taught in a scrimmage does not mean squat now.  Example, Deweyville ran 70 - 75 percent against HF in the game, HF is a good football team with good Coaching. The turnovers were caused by pressure and hits on the ball carriers/QB if you had seen the game you would know this, as far as HD being in this District we will never know cause they aren't, so your opinion that HD could compete in 23aa is one that is not shared by me.  EC may beat Deweyville, this District is tough, the Champs I believe will have at least 1 loss due to the balance this year in the District.

Ahh, but if you read my post it says "more times than not not" turnovers are a result of lack of timing and practice. You are right, I didn't see the HF vs. Deweyville game, but I did see the Deweyville vs. HD scrimmage, and the Pirates were not impressive, in my opinion reguardless of the offense they were running or trying to install. Hull-Daisetta was never stopped on their offensive snaps, while they shut down the Pirates and forced a few turnovers along the way. Deweyville just didn't seem to have alot of good athletes on the field. In small school ball it doesn't matter if you run the spread, zone read, wing-T, wishbone or anything in between, it all boils down to athletes in which East Chambers has the edge. You have your best 11 kids on the field, in hopefully the right positions for the most success for the team, and let 'em go. Heart and determination can be somewhat of a deciding factor, but only to a certain extent. Good luck to both teams and I won't even be sorry if I'm wrong, because I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs go down, but this is just my opinion.

P.S. As far as HD not being able to compete in the district, we've already handed Warren and Hardin their only losses, and dominated Deweyville in a live scrimmage (ohh yeah, that doesnt' count.....riiigght) who's only loss was in OT to Hampshire-Fanett. Anahuc looks to be weaker than all three of these teams and Kountze would have came down to the wire if that game wasn't cancelled due to the Hurricane. With all that being said, I think HD could at least "compete" in your district ;)

I agree with you on a couple of points, however, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the others. Good luck to HD.

Dville is not the same team they were at the beginning of the season.  I believe the new coach has started to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of his team.  In the Sabine Pass game, Dville blew out the Sharks (who wouldn't) and passed...A BUNCH.  They beat the Rebels in a game that was very close at the half in which the Pirates passed much of the first half and ran most of the second.  They took HF to overtime by mostly running...seems like two different teams wearing the same color uniform. ;)

Dville is not the same team they were at the beginning of the season.  I believe the new coach has started to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of his team.  In the Sabine Pass game, Dville blew out the Sharks (who wouldn't) and passed...A BUNCH.  They beat the Rebels in a game that was very close at the half in which the Pirates passed much of the first half and ran most of the second.  They took HF to overtime by mostly running...seems like two different teams wearing the same color uniform. ;)

Very good observation BigMo, you can't put that square peg in the round hole, it just doesn't work. The strength is the running game, that sets up play action later.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin