EC vs. Deweyville Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to intrude on this thread but I must have missed something during the dreaded excitement of Hurricane Ike. When did East Chambers fall off the wagon and Deweyville become a powerhouse? Deweyville hasn't done anything extraordinary this season to have so many folks picking them over the Bucs. The took an average at best 3A team in HF to overtime, big deal. HF had two days of practice in 3 weeks and their best two players did not play in this game. The Horns still domianated and doubled the total yardage of the Pirates. Turnovers, which is a result of a lack of practice and timing more times than not kept the Pirates in the game. EC on the other hand was slaughtered by Newton, but honestly what 2A in the area other than Kirbyville, would Newton not have done that to? I'm an HD guy, so all I can do is base it off of what I've seen compared to our team so far. Hull-Daisetta brought it to Deweyville in a scrimmage (I know, it's a scrimmage) and beat Deweyville handily. The way I look at it, HD could play with any teams in this district, with the exception of East Chambers and Buna. With that being said I think EC dominates the Pirates in this one. I'll be the first to eat a big plate of crow if this doesnt' happen. If that is the case either East Chambers is alot worse than I think, or maybe HD is alot better than anyone is giving them credit for.

Sorry to intrude on this thread but I must have missed something during the dreaded excitement of Hurricane Ike. When did East Chambers fall off the wagon and Deweyville become a powerhouse? Deweyville hasn't done anything extraordinary this season to have so many folks picking them over the Bucs. The took an average at best 3A team in HF to overtime, big deal. HF had two days of practice in 3 weeks and their best two players did not play in this game. The Horns still domianated and doubled the total yardage of the Pirates. Turnovers, which is a result of a lack of practice and timing more times than not kept the Pirates in the game. EC on the other hand was slaughtered by Newton, but honestly what 2A in the area other than Kirbyville, would Newton not have done that to? I'm an HD guy, so all I can do is base it off of what I've seen compared to our team so far. Hull-Daisetta brought it to Deweyville in a scrimmage (I know, it's a scrimmage) and beat Deweyville handily. The way I look at it, HD could play with any teams in this district, with the exception of East Chambers and Buna. With that being said I think EC dominates the Pirates in this one. I'll be the first to eat a big plate of crow if this doesnt' happen. If that is the case either East Chambers is alot worse than I think, or maybe HD is alot better than anyone is giving them credit for.

HD beat Deweyville in a scrimmage when Deweyville threw 80 percent of the time trying out the new offense, when we did run the ball HD didn't stop Deweyville.  New Coach with totally new offense/defense being taught in a scrimmage does not mean squat now.  Example, Deweyville ran 70 - 75 percent against HF in the game, HF is a good football team with good Coaching. The turnovers were caused by pressure and hits on the ball carriers/QB if you had seen the game you would know this, as far as HD being in this District we will never know cause they aren't, so your opinion that HD could compete in 23aa is one that is not shared by me.  EC may beat Deweyville, this District is tough, the Champs I believe will have at least 1 loss due to the balance this year in the District.

HD only won the scrimage because it was ended early do to a situation that happened with two mins left. Deweyville had the ball on the forty and was driving it in steadily. Yall were only one TD up and i am pretty sure the Pirates would have put another one on the board. To bad we didnt get to find out.

That's ridiculous to say "we were on our 40 and we'd deffinately have scored".

Remember the 3 step program.

Think

Think again

Realize how itd make you look if you speak.

we will definitely find out friday night.  i hope it will be as good as the last time they played. both teams played hard and deweyville kept them off the boards for a long time in the last game due to a fired up, hard hitting defense. lack of conditioning got the better of them in the fourth quarter. pulling for my deweyville boys in this one, but best of luck to both teams!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin