*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Stop panicing SE TEXAS!! My goodness.....IT WILL HIT CORPUS CHRISTI SOUTH! Thats just common sense guys....DO NOT LISTEN TO THE LOCAL GUYS on 4, 6 and 12....They like to make SE Texans go into a panic....LOL...WATCH THE WEATHER CHANNEL for the real deal, folks....I REFUSE to evecuate again.....WONT DO IT!! THIS IS REALLY MESSING WITH OUR PRE SEASON WORKOUTS TOO, BY THE WAY!!! lol... :D.....Relax, Coop!

Guest baseball25

Dicky V hush man its not common sense.........its all about the high pressure if it weakens man use your head. If it weakens its going to be just like rita all over again and it has a chance to do that. Its now moving nw 8mph and thats not good with the nw movement because its been going wnw.......So its not common sense its going to hit corpus christi.......when rita was supposed to hit at this time NHC  had victoria tx and then it made that north turn at us so we aren't out of the woods with this thing..

Guest baseball25

AS IKE GATHERS STRENGTH, WE HEAD TO TEXAS

Ike is slowly getting strong. The pressure is down to at least 959 mb and falling. The hurricane is large and could expand even more while it picks up intensity. It would not be at all surprising to see Ike reach category four strength before all is said and done. This will be a serious hurricane for the areas it impacts this weekend. That being said, people in Texas and even SW Louisiana need to be thinking about their hurricane plans. Ike could potentially push an enormous storm surge ahead of it and on to shore near and to the north of where the center makes landfall. If anyone is thinking about staying put because their home survived some other past major hurricane, think again. People made this mistake during Katrina along the Mississippi coast and paid dearly. One the call for evacuations comes, heed that call and go. Make no mistake, Ike is the real deal and a lot of trouble is on the way. Tap in to your local resources as best you can and follow the most reliable sources of local information. One such link is listed below from the folks at the OneStorm team in Florida. Check it out and be up to date. As Ike draws closer, I will address what to expect more especially once we know generally where Ike will make landfall.

http://www.hurricanetrack.com/

Guest baseball25

thats so true I mean it could hit corpus and it might but its not common sense thats its going to hit there you know....this is a very big storm and serious and looking more impressive on sattelite.

Guest baseball25

How i see it if we had mandatory evacuation for gustav then they need to have to do one for IKE becasue this one has a better shot to hit us close in the mouth.........

So if its not until Wednesday, when do ya'll think we will hear any word on evacuations??

According to coop,the way I understand it,is we should know thursday when a north turn will take place.If it turns where it will impact us we should get a call to evacuate then, I would think.

What I don't understand is this high.The turn will take place when it weakens and a traugh will pick up Ike bringing it up north.Is that correct?Then I hear the high is building more to the west.How can it make a north turn if this is happening?

Guest DickVitale

yeah, I  just saw that....Not very smart. SE Texans have the worst case of hurricane anxiety I have EVER seen....When it hits anywhere between Corpus and Houston, all we will get is some rain....Thats about it...maybe a little rain and wind....No big deal.

Guest tchawks99

They have called for a evacuation of Lower Cameron Parish from what I understand

Lower Cameron parish is like  a mini new orleans..a good TS or thunderstorm and it floods real bad.I can see them doing that..this is a weird storm though...Basically you are waiting to see what the pressure system does.if it does what they think then we will be ok..if not or for some reason it dont time out right then its a coin flip..

WTNT34 KNHC 101449

TCPAT4

BULLETIN

HURRICANE IKE ADVISORY NUMBER  38

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL  AL092008

1100 AM EDT WED SEP 10 2008

...IKE GROWING IN SIZE AND STRENGTH IN THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF

MEXICO...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE CUBAN PROVINCES

OF MATANZAS...LA HABANA...CIUDAD DE HABANA...PINAR DEL RIO...AND

THE ISLE OF YOUTH.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEST OF KEY WEST TO

THE DRY TORTUGAS.

FOR STORM INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA...INCLUDING POSSIBLE

INLAND WATCHES AND WARNINGS...PLEASE MONITOR PRODUCTS ISSUED

BY YOUR LOCAL WEATHER OFFICE.

AT 1100 AM EDT...1500Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE IKE WAS LOCATED

NEAR LATITUDE 23.9 NORTH...LONGITUDE 85.3 WEST OR ABOUT 225 MILES...

365 KM...WEST-SOUTHWEST OF KEY WEST FLORIDA AND ABOUT 430 MILES...

690 KM...SOUTHEAST OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER.

ALTHOUGH THE CENTER OF IKE MOVED LITTLE OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS...

THE HURRICANE IS GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 8

MPH...13 KM/HR.  A WEST-NORTHWESTWARD MOTION IS EXPECTED TO

CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS...WHICH WOULD TAKE IKE THROUGH

THE CENTRAL GULF OF MEXICO.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NOW NEAR 90 MPH...150 KM/HR...WITH

HIGHER GUSTS. IKE IS A CATEGORY ONE HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON

SCALE. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS EXPECTED AND IKE COULD BE A

MAJOR HURRICANE TOMORROW.

IKE IS A LARGE TROPICAL CYCLONE.  HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND

OUTWARD UP TO 80 MILES...130 KM...FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL

STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 205 MILES...335 KM.

THE LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED FROM A NOAA HURRICANE

HUNTER AIRCRAFT WAS 957 MB...28.26 INCHES.

COASTAL STORM SURGE FLOODING ALONG THE COASTS OF CUBA AND IN THE

FLORIDA KEYS SHOULD SUBSIDE TODAY.  ABOVE NORMAL TIDES OF 2 TO 4

FEET ARE ALREADY OCCURRING ALONG MUCH OF THE NORTH COAST OF THE

GULF OF MEXICO. 

IKE IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE TOTAL RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12

INCHES OVER WESTERN CUBA...WITH ISOLATED MAXIMUM AMOUNTS OF UP TO

20 INCHES POSSIBLE. THESE RAINS ARE LIKELY TO CAUSE

LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES OVER MOUNTAINOUS

TERRAIN. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF AN INCH OR SO ARE POSSIBLE

OVER THE SOUTHWEST FLORIDA AND THE FLORIDA KEYS THROUGH THIS

EVENING.

REPEATING THE 1100 AM EDT POSITION...23.9 N...85.3 W.  MOVEMENT

TOWARD...WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 8 MPH.  MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...90

MPH.  MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...957 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE

CENTER AT 200 PM EDT FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 500

PM EDT.

$$

FORECASTER FRANKLIN

This is the hidden content, please

Guest baseball25

dickiev if it its freeport we are going to get high winds around 75-90mph this storm is huge and with winds like that it means no electricity........I mean it could hit corpus but  people are saying anywhere from corpus to galveston thats not good becasue it such a big storm....it was 300 miles away from miami fl and they were getting 50 -60 mph winds yesterday.....

Guest JoesBros

Just saw that Channel six will have a forum and instant message up on their weather page to talk to the guys. James Brown at 11, our very own Coop around 2, and Greg at 7PM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder