## Lumberton @ Dayton scrimmage Updates##/Dayton Rolls!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very proud of my team when they win a SCRIMMAGE also. Okay you got your revenge back in a SCRIMMAGE. Hello! I can say this H-F put it to Lumberton last year in the SCRIMMAGE thay had. Then Lumberton did just fine the rest of the season. I don't know who Dayton SCRIMMAGE against, but they lost 2 non- district games and then the 1st district game of the season and they also did just fine the rest of the season. I could care less if dayton beat us down 100 to 0 in the SCRIMMAGE it doesn't mean #$@%. What I do hope is that Lumberton got a good pratice in and found what they need to work on for when it does count. I think Lumberton would let Dayton win all the SCRIMMAGES they want. The reason is as long as they get a good practice in.

I would be very proud of my team when they win a SCRIMMAGE also. Okay you got your revenge back in a SCRIMMAGE. Hello! I can say this H-F put it to Lumberton last year in the SCRIMMAGE thay had. Then Lumberton did just fine the rest of the season. I don't know who Dayton SCRIMMAGE against, but they lost 2 non- district games and then the 1st district game of the season and they also did just fine the rest of the season. I could care less if dayton beat us down 100 to 0 in the SCRIMMAGE it doesn't mean #$@%. What I do hope is that Lumberton got a good pratice in and found what they need to work on for when it does count. I think Lumberton would let Dayton win all the SCRIMMAGES they want. The reason is as long as they get a good practice in.

whatever, they got stone cold whipped today.  if they win two district games i'll be surprised.  beard and hannah can't win every game for them.

Can I have some cheese with that WHINE.  And you would have been the first one on here talking that crap if you would have even stayed close.  Keep it going, you just remind everyone of what it was like in the past with Lumberton posters.

we got our butts whipped, no if ands or butts about it. dayton was the better team, no doubt.

lumberton is fine with the running game, but if they can't get better pass protection, then they will be in trouble.

and someone said lumberton isn't as good as they were at this point lastyear, but at this point lastyear.. we lost to hamshire fannet.

i do believe dayton is just that good. coach credeur is too good a coach to not turn this around, but the players better be ready to work come monday.

I know that this drives some people crazy but this was just a practice. Dayton is obviously better than Lumberton but I suspect that the results would have been similar had Dayton played anyone in that district this week. This score will only be recorded on internet web sites. Lumberton got to see a great team up close and personal so it should let them know what they need to do. If nothing else, maybe some of the players might have retained some cockiness from last year's team making the playoffs (although I know no fans will admit that) and this should shake them out of any if it existed.

Last year Lumberton had most of their team returning. This year they are breaking in a fairly new team. They don't need to be better than Dayton at this point, only better than most of the teams in 20-4A. I don't think they will have quite the success of last year but they can still make the playoffs and this was one heck of a test.

tvc184 I couldn't agree more! Over half the player's on last year's team aren't on this year's team. So why even try to compare Dayton to Lumberton. I know Dayton was probably embarrassed of last year's game so they wanted revenge in a scrimage. I read earlier in some thread's that Dayton coache's were even scouting a Lumberton/Bridge City scrimage ??? Not taking anything away from Dayton they will be the better team than Lumberton "this" year. However, Lumberton won't have the success as last year's team I still see them being competitive throughout the season. And having a good shot at making it in one of those 1-4 spots.

Guest BIG HOUSE

Congrats to Dayton...One heck of a butt whupin!!!!!!

Lumberton---- I expected the "D" to be tested and have trouble today...THAT HAPPENED....I didn't expect our "O-LINE" to get handled in this fashion by three down linemen that weigh about 205lbs. They used great technique and speed to shut down the run game...I myself didn't see any real positives for us today,but its a scrimmage,so we need to fix some major blocking problems...We were not at all physical enough....Looks like we need some good old fashioned HITTING DRILLS......As far as this team and last years team.....We will have to see,but we lost 30SENIORS...... We can't just reley on Beard and Hanna......That will not get it done...ITS TEAM WORK......Keep your heads up..we are pulling for you...

Dayton---- Offense better than last year and defense still very physical and agressive.....quick to the ball......

Good luck to both teams...........

If Lumberton would have went and scouted and actually practiced for Dayton I think the outcome would have been alot different. A player off the team told me that they have been preparing for HF all week. He said that they only got one practice in on Dayton, and that every formation they lined up in the players from Dayton were screaming what they were fixing to run.  ??? for a scrimmage that is CRAZY!!  So to say that we don't have any athletes, size or speed, just because of a scrimmage that we didn't prepare for, you are extremely wrong. I give props to Hanna and Beard for running the ball hard

tvc184 I couldn't agree more! Over half the player's on last year's team aren't on this year's team. So why even try to compare Dayton to Lumberton. I know Dayton was probably embarrassed of last year's game so they wanted revenge in a scrimage. I read earlier in some thread's that Dayton coache's were even scouting a Lumberton/Bridge City scrimage ??? Not taking anything away from Dayton they will be the better team than Lumberton "this" year. However, Lumberton won't have the success as last year's team I still see them being competitive throughout the season. And having a good shot at making it in one of those 1-4 spots.

Don't jump on the L-TRAIN now. 3 post eailier you said we wouldn't win 2 district games. I have just kicked you off the train bye-bye.

Lumberton played the Starters in the first half so thats not an excuse. They might have rolled in some guys alittle more than it will happen in a real game but thats not an excuse. And the comment about the back up QB starting the game is a lie. From what I was told they dont have a starter yet but if they let Hughes start the game its probably bc hes progressing well and is probably has a small lead for the spot. From what I saw Lumberton ran the ball well but the 2 fumbles hurt. Defensively the secondary had a tough day because they were facing a D1 QB, D1 WR who are surrounded by a good supporting cast. Dayton put 28 on WOS in the first half and WOS returned alot of players from last year.

Lumberton will improve from here and will have a good season. Dayton I think will be very good and is better on Offense than last season. Defensivly I think they arent as good as they were last year bc last years defense was really freakin good. All and All it was just a scrimmage and both teams will take alot out of it. me being a Lumberton fan I'm happy Dayton is not in this district anymore.

I watched the 1st half, was impressed by daytons #35, gonna be a good receiver, green looked good, still haven't seen much of a running game yet, but if you can throw like that, who needs it

Really couldn't tell much about lumberton, its hard to defend a good passing game and dayton didn't seem to run the ball much

Guest band of brothers

Does anyone have the stats for this scrimmage?

Dayton a whole lot and the L-train not enough to make a pimple on a dogs butt  :D

so where is the super scrimmage party going to be? dude you are a joke!  

If Lumberton would have went and scouted and actually practiced for Dayton I think the outcome would have been alot different. A player off the team told me that they have been preparing for HF all week. He said that they only got one practice in on Dayton, and that every formation they lined up in the players from Dayton were screaming what they were fixing to run.  ??? for a scrimmage that is CRAZY!!  So to say that we don't have any athletes, size or speed, just because of a scrimmage that we didn't prepare for, you are extremely wrong. I give props to Hanna and Beard for running the ball hard

great scouting huh?  ;D

Everyone from dayton please stop posting we all know if it was a real game then the score would have been switched.  

Do you have a time machine that took you back to Woodstock to make that post???

See if you can answer this question...

What is the number one positive reason for Lumberton not making the playoffs this year?

They won't have the possibility of playing the Broncos in a REAL game.

Dayton would easily put up 70 points in three quarters against any defense with the speed and size similar to Lumberton.

Good luck to Lumberton this year, but this squad sure did lose a whole bunch of talent.

I watched the 1st half, was impressed by daytons #35, gonna be a good receiver, green looked good, still haven't seen much of a running game yet, but if you can throw like that, who needs it

Really couldn't tell much about lumberton, its hard to defend a good passing game and dayton didn't seem to run the ball much

#35 is Payton Ploch and I was impressed as well. He did a great job and made some got catches(took some hard shots after he caught it). Scored twice, also displayed a little open field speed.

Congrats to Dayton...One heck of a butt whupin!!!!!!

Lumberton---- I expected the "D" to be tested and have trouble today...THAT HAPPENED....I didn't expect our "O-LINE" to get handled in this fashion by three down linemen that weigh about 205lbs. They used great technique and speed to shut down the run game...

Thanks and you are right about the the 3 man d-line they have combined weight of less than 600lbs.

Beard and Hanna did run the ball hard....they had to because there were not very many holes for them.  And I did not see ANY speed from Lumberton at the scrimmage....Size-from the way it looked today the size they (Lumberton) play smaller than they are...athletes... maybe but they were clearly out classed today.  As for the Dayton players knowing the play they were going to run before they ran it. I am sure that Dayton coaches like to prepare to play a scrimmage the same way that you prepare to play a game. It is probably a good idea.  Kids learn how to implement game plans etc...

With all that I still think Lumberton will be fine.  They have good coaches and kids who have gained an expectation for winning. That is always half the battle.  Once they get their line playing mroe physical they will be able to run the ball better and keep the pressure off the QB...Good luck to the Raiders and the Broncos

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder