*Vidor 14 WO-S 14 Scrimmage Final*

Do we scout scrimmages?

Yes you do. I saw what I believed to be the entire WOS coaching staff at the Jasper/Nederland scrimmage.

But, that should be the norm since the Mustangs play Nederland next week. I also expect to see them at the LCM/Silsbee scrimmage tomorrow since they play both of those schools.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you Mustang fans that witnessed tonight’s scrimmage...  that's all it was, a scrimmage.  This is a really talented and dedicated squad.  They'll be ready when it counts.  They are finding themselves and acclimating themselves with one another.  As a former player, it’s so difficult to get fired up about a scrimmage, particularly when you‘re still struggling to get your 2nd wind.  Come week 0, it's an entirely different ball-game.  Good luck to all of the guys on the team. ;)

OrangeFBfan, I totally agree with you. But, there are some Mustang fans who would disagree with you. It's not just a scrimmage to them, you know who you are. ;)

the mustang (MUST FIND AWAY) to get garret the ball in the air. tonight all he did was  try and block when he was not running the ball. i would love to see him catch the ball in a open field  (WHAT A WAST OF TALENT) someone opem up the play book i dont care who  just do it   (PLEASE)

Guest Dirk Diggler

the mustang (MUST FIND AWAY) to get garret the ball in the air. tonight all he did was  try and block when he was not running the ball. i would love to see him catch the ball in a open field  (WHAT A WAST OF TALENT) someone opem up the play book i dont care who  just do it  (PLEASE)

Playcalling will never change, ithough with foreman back he would called plays, not happening.

We (WOS) HAVE TO IMPROVE ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!! BOTTOM LINE!!!

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

the mustang (MUST FIND AWAY) to get garret the ball in the air. tonight all he did was  try and block when he was not running the ball. i would love to see him catch the ball in a open field  (WHAT A WAST OF TALENT) someone opem up the play book i dont care who  just do it  (PLEASE)

Playcalling will never change, ithough with foreman back he would called plays, not happening.

We (WOS) HAVE TO IMPROVE ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!! BOTTOM LINE!!!

I was at the scrimmage tonight and i'm sure Coaches don't show all the plays they have. WO-S was the better team Friday night, 1 or 2 dropped passes for TD's.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Defense will be fine, always will be!! Problem is Offensive Line and just the 4 plays we call on Offense. Come  on Coaches open the Playbook.

the mustang (MUST FIND AWAY) to get garret the ball in the air. tonight all he did was  try and block when he was not running the ball. i would love to see him catch the ball in a open field  (WHAT A WAST OF TALENT) someone opem up the play book i dont care who  just do it   (PLEASE)

THE TIGHTENDS ALSO NEED TO BE USED IN THE PASSING GAME MORE ALSO.

vidor is a running team.  But when they threw the ball they did have some success.  Our boys seem to be much improved.  Very proud of the effort they gave last night.  WOS will win their district that is a given!  They are ranked in the top 10.  They have one of the greatest coachung staffs in the state.  But lets give vidor a little bit of credit they hung with a better and more athletic team for 4 quarters.

FIRST OFF let me say this to the young kids on the vidor football team ,you guys did a super job yesterday  played with lots of heart and lots of fire in your eyes you never gave up on yourself and that is what i liked about you. you guys came to orange to see how much you have inproved in a week of practice and  it showed dont you think. AS FOR THE VIDOR FANS  you have never given up on your kids out there playing there hearts out for you and thats the way it should be.i wish vidor all the luck this year  JUST KEEP THAT FIRE IN YOUR EYES and (NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF)

The only problem I saw with Wo-s is conditioning. They got extremely tired and that's when Vidor scored their points. The conditioning part will come the more they play...I'm not worried about that. The defensive line isn't in good shape stamina wise...they got tired. Offensively, Vidor couldn't really stop us. The dumb penalty's to stop scores and long gains cost a at least a couple touchdowns. Discipline guys!! This game shouldn't have even been close.

To all you Mustang fans that witnessed tonight’s scrimmage...  that's all it was, a scrimmage.  This is a really talented and dedicated squad.  They'll be ready when it counts.  They are finding themselves and acclimating themselves with one another.  As a former player, it’s so difficult to get fired up about a scrimmage, particularly when you‘re still struggling to get your 2nd wind.  Come week 0, it's an entirely different ball-game.  Good luck to all of the guys on the team. ;)

OrangeFBfan, I totally agree with you. But, there are some Mustang fans who would disagree with you. It's not just a scrimmage to them, you know who you are. ;)

Are you trying to call me out or something? Yeah, I know who I am and my feelings about these scrimmages has not changed a bit and never will. Last night showed us EXACTLY where we are right now. We know what we need to work on. And another thing, there was no "second team" on the field last night at any time for either team. There were backups that filled in, but that's it. This was an extra game that both teams had the benefit of playing.

Now, as for you, we are not going to agree on this, EVER. So you will be doing good by just dropping this and stop trying to pick a fight with me.  ;)

I think we've still got some work to do, but I feel better about this scrimmage than last weeks. Hypo threw the ball much better, he set his feet much better, but he's still waiting a little to late. He had more time, so the line blocked better. We had some pretty good runs by Hypo and Garret. Really, we moved the ball well between the 20's we just made some mistakes in the red zone which cost us points. I think we had 3 drives end inside the 20 with no points.

I'm not worried about the defense. Vidor didn't have much success moving the ball in the first half. In the second half I feel like they wore us out, but, for those who don't know, we are missing our 2 starting defensive tackles who are out with injury. Not only does that kill you by not having them, but it also hurts your depth because their backups have no one to fill in for them.

Over all, I was encouraged because we showed some improvement. Yeah, we tied Vidor, but I think Vidor is going to surprise some folks this year. That big old running back is a load and the Wing T is hell to defend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83