*Vidor 14 WO-S 14 Scrimmage Final*

We have two key defensive players out that need to heal fast and get out there to help the team.

Is those players Stephen Cook and Matthew Provost? If so, they are two of the best defenders on the team.

YES ONE OF THEM IS STEPHEN COOK, THE OTHER IS JACOBY ROBERTS. MATTHEW PROVOST IS NOT INJURED, JUST NOT GETTING THE PLAYING TIME HE DESERVES IN MY OPINION. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP YOUNG MAN YOUR TIME IS COMING VERY SOON.

Well those players being out explains alot. They will be fine when they get back. Provost is an excellent player. I never understood why he wasn't getting alot of playing time.

If I'm not mistaken, Provost is #81 and he is on the field most of the time. i think he plays both offense and defense.

Another thing, I was very impressed with the Vidor Wing-T. I think it's a perfect offense for their personnell. They will not be 2-8 this year.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned earlier, the depth will come from the JV squad as the season progresses.  Coming from a close inside source, the JV gives the Varsity a run for their money week in week out at practice.  The future is extremely bright in Mustang Land for the next several seasons.  Don’t fret all you naysayer’s, it’s going to be a very fine season, just you wait and see. ;)

VIDOR FANS. you guys and gals there in vidor town ALWAYS support your  team win are lose. over all the years i have been to a vidor game ,you always pack the house the fan support is super in vidor and the kids on the field sure love to see you support them the way you do. i being a mustang fan wish you there in vidor the BEST this year

As mentioned earlier, the depth will come from the JV squad as the season progresses.  Coming from a close inside source, the JV gives the Varsity a run for their money week in week out at practice.  The future is extremely bright in Mustang Land for the next several seasons.   Don’t fret all you naysayer’s, it’s going to be a very fine season, just you wait and see. ;)

Yes, the JV and Freshman teams both have been very impressive. I am really impressed with the way they handled Dayton last week, then to see what Dayton's sub varsities did to Lumberton, much hope for the future.

As for the JV players. I think they can help, but we will be real tough when we have Cook, Roberts, Arnold and Ruben up front on the varsity. Then Reed and Provost rotating in.

Question is fellows will they bring and JV players up to help on the Line? Hopefully we were holding back on plays as well.

When we get everyone healthy, I'm not sure they would need them. I'm pretty sure that they will not be pulled up unless they are going to play.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Defense will be fine, always will be!! Problem is Offensive Line and just the 4 plays we call on Offense. Come  on Coaches open the Playbook.

Conditioning will get there man.

The O-line is struggling somewhat, that’s been witnessed… However, the proper adjustments will be made and are being made as we speak.  Conditioning plays a big part as we all know.  You can be taught the offensive line assignments and have them down to a T, but when the fourth quarter rolls around and fatigue sets in; we've got to be the team who has the better conditioned athletes.  That'll come...  The squad may not be in tip top shape by week 0, but certainly by district.  Hooks and Coach T will make sure of that.  Heck, another good week of practice and things will start clicking for the O-line and D-line respectively by this Friday.  Just as soon as they get a couple of their stud D-linemen back, the O-line will be fine too.  Blocking assignments become a little harder when you have to play every single down on both sides of the ball.  Those guys are gonna be just fine. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami