Dayton vs Lumberton Game type scrimmage - Sat. 8/23

sounds like you L-towners think you are gonna lose

oh my gah.

there's no stopping with you people is there?

we talk crap, ya'll hate us.

we don't SCOUT another team for a SCRIMMAGE.. and we think were goin to lose?

act your age, not your shoe size diamond-j.

I guess I could take some lessons on sophistication from the folks in Lumberton---tick tock

Actually, from the looks of it, you probably could.

yes--I'm sure you could help me out

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

It seems that Dayton is really putting a lot into this scrimmage, i.e. scouting Lumberton at BC for a scrimmage. Some people will say that is the norm., I think it is a little excessive but it doesn't matter either way. To be honest with you...Lumberton is more focused on Hamshire Fannett next Fri. than they are on Dayton Sat. morn. and that is a fact...the truth. Sure, they would like to do well...but they are not going to have a lot riding on it like they will in a week when the reg. season starts. They may go over a little Dayton stuff in practice but not to the extreme that they have been preparing for HF. Either way, good luck to both teams and stay injury free. Hopefully Lumberton will play hard and compete.

So I guess its ok for HF to scout Lumberton saturday morning?  It's the same freakn'thing!  There's a lot of what if's but lets say they meet in the playoffs and the Dayton coaches didn't scout them early on in the season...lot's of variables but its ok if you wanna'play it down to a scrimmage. 

Yes, it's ok for HF to scout Lumberton Sat. morning since they are playing us in a Real Game in a week. It makes all the sense in the world doesn't it. Technically it's not the same thing. One is a SCRIMMAGE & the other is a real Reg. season game. So no, not the same thing! But hey, it doesn't really matter now does it...if they want to scout for a scrimmage then they can scout.

It seems that Dayton is really putting a lot into this scrimmage, i.e. scouting Lumberton at BC for a scrimmage. Some people will say that is the norm., I think it is a little excessive but it doesn't matter either way. To be honest with you...Lumberton is more focused on Hamshire Fannett next Fri. than they are on Dayton Sat. morn. and that is a fact...the truth. Sure, they would like to do well...but they are not going to have a lot riding on it like they will in a week when the reg. season starts. They may go over a little Dayton stuff in practice but not to the extreme that they have been preparing for HF. Either way, good luck to both teams and stay injury free. Hopefully Lumberton will play hard and compete.

So I guess its ok for HF to scout Lumberton saturday morning?  It's the same freakn'thing!  There's a lot of what if's but lets say they meet in the playoffs and the Dayton coaches didn't scout them early on in the season...lot's of variables but its ok if you wanna'play it down to a scrimmage. 

Yes, it's ok for HF to scout Lumberton Sat. morning since they are playing us in a Real Game in a week. It makes all the sense in the world doesn't it. Technically it's not the same thing. One is a SCRIMMAGE & the other is a real Reg. season game. So no, not the same thing! But hey, it doesn't really matter now does it...if they want to scout for a scrimmage then they can scout.

afterall it is kinda stupid.. no DECENT will even show half of their plays in a scrimmage.. so your still missing half of the things you'll need to completely scout a team. but let em do it if they want..

Just how do you "play it down to a scrimmage" when the fact remains, it is a scrimmage? Don't you know that?

Yes I know that, but I guess that didn't come across right.  Everytime we or they or whoever say its JUST a scrimmage doesn't make the game any less important for either side.  This is a big football match-up not only for the players but especially for the fans.

Actually the SCRIMMAGE is less important than the season opener next week. That is why they have been mainly focusing on HF all week, because it is more important. The Dayton fans are the ones making this such a big deal. You can speak for the Dayton fans and maybe the players and coaches but not for the Lumberton fans. We would like for the team to play well, but we're not making a big deal out of it. We just respond to the non sense.

There is one question that I have for some of you Bronco fans...especially Diamond-J and 7mary3. Why so much hate for Lumberton and none for Lake Travis? I mean, the Lumberton kids beat Dayton fair & square by 1 point and because of that we've had to listen to all of this for a year. I mean, all Lake Travis did was thrash, manhandle, etc. Dayton or whatever U want to call it and we hear nothing about them. Why is that? Is it because Dayton is scared to say anything about them in case they meet up in the playoffs again this year? Why gang up on little ole Lumberton? Why not talk bad about the BIG boys? Just wondering...

Its ok Lumberton fans. Diamond gay is just mad about the so called fluke last year. I remember that game like it was yesterday. The D line had Aj running for his life. I don't even think yalls running back had over 40 yards on us lol and in the end, yes Lumberton won! let me say it again LUMBERTON WON! But that was last year. Im not the type of person to dwell on the past. But for this certain situation in the fact that lumberton and dayton are tie 1-1 for the recent histiory, the only thing you can get out of this is bragging rights. thats it

There is one question that I have for some of you Bronco fans...especially Diamond-J and 7mary3. Why so much hate for Lumberton and none for Lake Travis? I mean, the Lumberton kids beat Dayton fair & square by 1 point and because of that we've had to listen to all of this for a year. I mean, all Lake Travis did was thrash, manhandle, etc. Dayton or whatever U want to call it and we hear nothing about them. Why is that? Is it because Dayton is scared to say anything about them in case they meet up in the playoffs again this year? Why gang up on little ole Lumberton? Why not talk bad about the BIG boys? Just wondering...

Its ok Lumberton fans. Diamond gay is just mad about the so called fluke last year. I remember that game like it was yesterday. The D line had Aj running for his life. I don't even think yalls running back had over 40 yards on us lol and in the end, yes Lumberton won! let me say it again LUMBERTON WON! But that was last year. Im not the type of person to dwell on the past. But for this certain situation in the fact that lumberton and dayton are tie 1-1 for the recent histiory, the only thing you can get out of this is bragging rights. thats it

I was the biggest fan L had against Waller last year as was the entire Bronco team--I think you gays were beaten before the opening kick off--you knew you got lucky with five Bronco starters out and you knew the butt kicking was on its way----that is why Waller beat you

I think we feel like LT was a truly good team and felt that we shouldn't have lost to lumberton. But I'm sure you already knew we thought that. :-\

Talk about a lot of back and forth posts, just for a SCRIMMAGE!

All I know is....

There are over a dozen Broncos who were on the field last year at Lumberton that will be on the sideline Saturday morning.

Even though this is a scrimmage, the first half will be smash mouth football.

Except this time....

AJ won't be easily bottled up in the backfield and Cody Green is 100%

Dayton scores at least four touchdowns in the first half with the first string.

Saturday morning there is only one place to be...

Bronco Stadium

Are you kidding me?  Why are you the only one that can't take some lil'ol trash talkn on a public forum.  Every time I was on the forum last year all I had to read was that freakn'score from the Dayton/Lumberton game and all the trash talkn'about the loss that Dayton took, just a lil'payback from last year is all, not that I have to explain myself but apparently I have done well in striking a nerve.  Gotta'love Texas High School Football. By the way the Lake Travis game wasn't a fluke like the Lumberton game was against Dayton (hitn'that nerve again huh?).  Dayton was playing at the top of their game when they played Lake Travis and the BETTER team won and Lake Travis will probably win the state title again this year.  Choo Choo ha ha ha ha ha ha.......see ya'll saturday morning

Are you kidding me?  Why are you the only one that can't take some lil'ol trash talkn on a public forum.  Every time I was on the forum last year all I had to read was that freakn'score from the Dayton/Lumberton game and all the trash talkn'about the loss that Dayton took, just a lil'payback from last year is all, not that I have to explain myself but apparently I have done well in striking a nerve.  Gotta'love Texas High School Football. By the way the Lake Travis game wasn't a fluke like the Lumberton game was against Dayton (hitn'that nerve again huh?).  Dayton was playing at the top of their game when they played Lake Travis and the BETTER team won and Lake Travis will probably win the state title again this year.  Choo Choo ha ha ha ha ha ha.......see ya'll saturday morning

again, how was this a fluke? never understood that?

so it was only a fluke when we beat every beaumont team, NEDERLAND (11 year playoff streak SNAPPED)

oh wait, not to mention.. LAMARQUE. can't it be that our team was better on that night? instead of a fluke..

give it up.. if y'all "win" this scrimmage, it will NOT make up for the fact that we handed ya'll ya'lls only district loss in 2 years!  ;D ;D regardless of how you look at it!

again, how was this a fluke? never understood that?

so it was only a fluke when we beat every beaumont team, NEDERLAND (11 year playoff streak SNAPPED)

oh wait, not to mention.. LAMARQUE. can't it be that our team was better on that night? instead of a fluke..

give it up.. if y'all "win" this scrimmage, it will NOT make up for the fact that we handed ya'll ya'lls only district loss in 2 years!  ;D ;D regardless of how you look at it!

How was this a fluke....

Dayton is playing with their 3rd string qb, plus has several other starters out with injury.

Lumberton playing a healthy Bronco team last year....

We will never know?

If....

Only Lumberton could have beaten Waller.

But it didn't happen

You folks don't get it. This is not about Lumberton--we know who you are--this is about us----we have something to prove to ourselves--with that being said I hope Lumberton does better this season that I expect them to do and we see you for real in the post season

You folks don't get it. This is not about Lumberton--we know who you are--this is about us----we have something to prove to ourselves--with that being said I hope Lumberton does better this season that I expect them to do and we see you for real in the post season

I agree, regardless of the outcome tomorrow I hope Dayton will see Lumberton down the road in the playoffs.

I agree, regardless of the outcome tomorrow I hope Dayton will see Lumberton down the road in the playoffs.

I agree that is our only chance to play a real game is if we both make the playoffs. Here is to Lumberton having a great season, so we can end it in the playoffs.

Guest band of brothers

I agree that is our only chance to play a real game is if we both make the playoffs. Here is to Lumberton having a great season, so we can end it in the playoffs.

these posts should be the last ones on this thread!, I think everyone has said everything they need to say, every i dotted, every t crossed, don't you agree!!?? good and have fun tomorrow.

I wouldnt just assume that Dayton will make the playoffs before the season starts ( Look at the Black and Gold from last year) and then send out well wishes that Little Lumberton makes it so we can see a rematch. It still wont be a rematch kids have left school things have changed. Two years ago Dayton was the better team the night the 2 played Last year Lumberton was This scrimage tomorrow wont mean much, and I doubt yall will see our starters for very long. For Lumberton its more about finding our back-ups and that suprise player than playing our starters for three 1/4's so we can end with PRACTICE with more points than the other team.

I wish both teams Good Games and Great Health.

Guest BIG HOUSE

I would like to REMIND DAYTON FANS that AJ played QB against Nac. and (just forgot) the Houston team the game before the Lumberton game..

Oh by the way Dayton scored like 28-31pts. the week before the Lumberton game(WITH AJ @ QB)....And I remember that you guys said that AJ would have his way with Lumberton(THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN).......D-Line was way faster than the Dayton FANS thought(NOT THE COACHES,they new).....

Anyway, no use bringing back the past...Good luck to both.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami