6. Hardin

7. Evadale

8. Hull-Daisetta

9. Buna

10. Woodville

Honorable Mention: Deweyville, Anahuac, West Hardin

daytons not even in setx

EXACTLY!!!!

If we are going to continue covering Jasper, we should continue covering Dayton. Actually, Dayton is closer to Beaumont than Jasper and the district that Jasper is playing in is considered East Texas, not Southeast Texas. Dayton's district has more Southeast Texas teams than Jasper's district. Jasper will be the only team in their district that we will cover where as we will cover at least three teams in Dayton's district.

As for the rankings, I think they are good, I mean it's just preseason, won't really know anything until after a few weeks of playing. I have never liked preseason rankings anyway. Even the college polls, I have always thought they should start them 4 to 5 weeks into the season, but that's just me.

Only change I would make on these is to include Livingston in the big school poll, either somewhere in the top 10 or in the honorable mention spot.

Sorry I'm not a Nederland fan but when you return the bulk of an offense that was one of the better ones in the district, then you should be one of the better teams. They have Bellows QB, Cardansas, Brady and Selenga a WR their OL wasnt very good last year but they will be better. I still dont think they will run the ball all that well but I think they will throw like a champ.

Look at them like you look at Lumberton last year. Lumberton returned the bulk of their OL, their QB and 3 RBs that were very good. the key for Lumberton was the vastly improved Defense and thats gonna be the deference for Nederland this year. They have to find a way to slow down the opposing team but on offense they should be very potent.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Jasper should go #1 on big school poll they will have a great year.

Jasper...#1 on the BIG school poll? Uh, let me think about this one...NO!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Sorry I'm not a Nederland fan but when you return the bulk of an offense that was one of the better ones in the district, then you should be one of the better teams. They have Bellows QB, Cardansas, Brady and Selenga a WR their OL wasnt very good last year but they will be better. I still dont think they will run the ball all that well but I think they will throw like a champ.

Look at them like you look at Lumberton last year. Lumberton returned the bulk of their OL, their QB and 3 RBs that were very good. the key for Lumberton was the vastly improved Defense and thats gonna be the deference for Nederland this year. They have to find a way to slow down the opposing team but on offense they should be very potent.

I agree! I'm not a Nederland fan either but common sense tells you that they should be in the top ten big schools in the area easily and they are probably ranked fairly accurately on this poll. They will have a very good passing offense. Running game and defense...who knows?

I like every poll that keeps Silsbee out of the mix. Maybe when the dust settles and they are playoff bound they will finally get a little respect. 

The reason I put 3A in with the big schools is because if I put just 4A and 5A as big school and the rest small school then that would be 11 big schools we cover vs 31 small schools. All of the big schools would be in the poll. The way I have it now we have 25 big schools and 17 small schools. That evens the numbers out some. And I based the poll off of total returning starters added with their record from last year. Remember guys as teams lose they will drop and others will go up and some new ones may enter. This poll, just like any other preseason poll is a guess. As the season gets under way the cream will rise to the top. So don't be upset if your team isn't as high as you think they should be or even if they aren't in at all. They will have their opportunity if they win....

Below I've separated the 2 divisions of teams and have listed how many returning starters each team has and their record last year.

WB (14...10-2)

PA (10...4-6)

BH (11...6-4)

Dayton (12...11-4)

Cen (12....4-6)

Ozen (15....4-6)

LCM (8.....1-9)

PNG (7....8-4)

Ned (12....7-3)

Vidor (14....2-8)

Lum (6....11-2)

Jasper (13....7-5)

BC (17....0-10)

OF (13....3-7)

WOS (11....11-2)

Silsbee (10...4-6)

HJ (21....3-7)

HF (13...5-5)

Cleve (16....4-7)

Tark (14....0-10)

Huffman (12....2-8)

Cold (13...5-6)

Lib (8....4-6)

Shep (14....1-9)

Splendora (7....7-4)

Kirbyville (14...11-2)

Newton (11....9-3)

Woodville (9...6-4)

Anahuac (16...2-8)

Buna (7....9-2)

Deweyville (14....4-6)

EC (11...9-2)

Hardin (9....9-3)

Kountze (16....7-3)

Warren (9....4-6)

Evadale (18....5-6)

HI (15...2-7)

HD (14...7-4)

WH (na....5-6)

SP (14....1-7)

Kelly (14....9-1)

Legacy (6....6-5)

The reason I put 3A in with the big schools is because if I put just 4A and 5A as big school and the rest small school then that would be 11 big schools we cover vs 31 small schools. All of the big schools would be in the poll. The way I have it now we have 25 big schools and 17 small schools. That evens the numbers out some. And I based the poll off of total returning starters added with their record from last year. Remember guys as teams lose they will drop and others will go up and some new ones may enter. This poll, just like any other preseason poll is a guess. As the season gets under way the cream will rise to the top. So don't be upset if your team isn't as high as you think they should be or even if they aren't in at all. They will have their opportunity if they win....

Below I've separated the 2 divisions of teams and have listed how many returning starters each team has and their record last year.

WB (14...10-2)

PA (10...4-6)

BH (11...6-4)

Dayton (12...11-4)

Cen (12....4-6)

Ozen (15....4-6)

LCM (8.....1-9)

PNG (7....8-4)

Ned (12....7-3)

Vidor (14....2-8)

Lum (6....11-2)

Jasper (13....7-5)

BC (17....0-10)

OF (13....3-7)

WOS (11....11-2)

Silsbee (10...4-6)

HJ (21....3-7)

HF (13...5-5)

Cleve (16....4-7)

Tark (14....0-10)

Huffman (12....2-8)

Cold (13...5-6)

Lib (8....4-6)

Shep (14....1-9)

Splendora (7....7-4)

Kirbyville (14...11-2)

Newton (11....9-3)

Woodville (9...6-4)

Anahuac (16...2-8)

Buna (7....9-2)

Deweyville (14....4-6)

EC (11...9-2)

Hardin (9....9-3)

Kountze (16....7-3)

Warren (9....4-6)

Evadale (18....5-6)

HI (15...2-7)

HD (14...7-4)

WH (na....5-6)

SP (14....1-7)

Kelly (14....9-1)

Legacy (6....6-5)

I am in agreement with how the polls were done. My only suggestion is to put Livingston into the mix.

Here we go again with this poll stuff. IMO when the polls come out, the people that are voting or putting it together obviously don't know their football teams in southeast Texas. The samething even goes on in the the middle of the year. Bobcatfan4life said that teams move up and down as they win or lose, but what about when teams lose and don't drop paste the team that just beat them? Better yet the lower team wins again the next week and still don't go over the team that was ahead of them that they beat the week before and they also lost again. Now what? This has happened. IMO again the olny reason this does happen is because the team winning wasn't suppose to win. The team not dropping in the polls is known for winning but isn't winning so they stay ahead in the polls just because of who they are not how they are playing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin