Bridge City... Another rough season in store for the Cardinals?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope there's very high hopes for the Cardinals this season...

9 Returning Starters on each side of the ball

2 Great new Offensive and Deffinsive coaches

A whole full year to learn the new systems instead of only a summer

Greaty work ethic from the players in the Off-Season and the Summer Workouts

BC had many Juniors and Sophomores on Varstiy last year because a lack of Seniors and injuries to Junior-Starters, if you don't think BC won't be improved you're mistakened

Nope there's very high hopes for the Cardinals this season...

9 Returning Starters on each side of the ball

2 Great new Offensive and Deffinsive coaches

A whole full year to learn the new systems instead of only a summer

Greaty work ethic from the players in the Off-Season and the Summer Workouts

BC had many Juniors and Sophomores on Varstiy last year because a lack of Seniors and injuries to Junior-Starters, if you don't think BC won't be improved you're mistakened

Still they go 2-8 or 3-7 at best need atleast 1 more year

Bridge City Cardinals

Aug. 29 @ Liberty

Sept. 5 Kountze

Sept. 12 Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Sept. 19 Buna

Sept. 26 @ Beaumont Kelly

Oct. 3 OPEN

Oct. 10 @ Hardin-Jefferson*

Oct. 17 Silsbee*

Oct. 24 @ West Orange-Stark*

Oct. 31 @ Orangefield*

Nov. 7 Hamshire-Fannett*

Bridge City Cardinals

Aug. 29 @ Liberty Win by 14 or more

Sept. 5 Kountze lose by 14 or more

Sept. 12 Little Cypress-Mauriceville win by 7 to 14

Sept. 19 Buna win by 14

Sept. 26 @ Beaumont Kelly lose by 30

Oct. 3 OPEN

Oct. 10 @ Hardin-Jefferson* win by 14 or more

Oct. 17 Silsbee* lose by 40

Oct. 24 @ West Orange-Stark*lose by how ever much Dan wants it to be

Oct. 31 @ Orangefield*loose by 14 or more

Nov. 7 Hamshire-Fannett* lose by 14 0r more

I have you at 4 wins

I would think winning two or three games only because of the well watered down pre-season schedule is about all that can be expected.

I have lost a lot of interest in football because of the structure of the game has now changed.  Teams like BC and some others do not teach punch-out blocking anymore.  When linemen are used strictly for shielding runners passing by and also for mostly pass blocking and have never been taught how to blow out a hole in the defense via shear low-centered power blocking--football suffers.

Having been a lineman way back in history I would think it would be quite boring not to be utilized as the charging front line, busting the big holes for your backfield.

To run the offenses being presently taught is good only if you have very exceptional skilled athletes which happen maybe once a decade at a 3A: that does not recruit at the seventh & eight grade level.

If you play the hard head-on blocking techniques of the 60s to late 80s then you can win at football not having to depend on the capabilities and availabilities of a few D1 prospects.

BC is blessed with a fine man as Coach; however, those techniques will only work at a 5A school consistently; whereby, you live and die by a few superior D1 skill athletes, which are always available via enrollment size each season in 5A.

I would think winning two or three games only because of the well watered down pre-season schedule is about all that can be expected.

I have lost a lot of interest in football because of the structure of the game has now changed.  Teams like BC and some others do not teach punch-out blocking anymore.  When linemen are used strictly for shielding runners passing by and also for mostly pass blocking and have never been taught how to blow out a hole in the defense via shear low-centered power blocking--football suffers.

Having been a lineman way back in history I would think it would be quite boring not to be utilized has the charging front line, busting the big holes for your backfield.

To run the offenses being presently taught is good only if you have very exceptional skilled athletes which happen maybe once a decade at a 3A: that does not recruit at the seventh & eight grade level.

If you play the hard head-on blocking techniques of the 60s to late 80s then you can win at football not having to depend on the capabilities and availabilities of a few D1 prospects.

BC is blessed with a fine man as Coach; however, those techniques will only work at a 5A school consistently; whereby, you live and die by a few superior D1 skill athletes, which are always available via enrollment size each season in 5A.

Nothing's gonna change at least for this season....the kids have already been learning new things to the Spread Offense for the new Season...They've been doing well in the 7 on 7 games and the starting O-Line could be all Seniors this upcoming Season.....As for the Junior High kids running the Spread the 7th Grade got 2nd in District last year and the 8th grade went Undefeated!....I say let's give the spread at least one more Season and see how it turns out

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how you have us losing to ORANGEFIELD but beating LCM and BUNA... ???

Buna beat Orangefield by like 14 last year if I'm not mistaken...maybe more

and LCM may be rebuilding this year, but they have more talent coming back than Orangefield does..

please enlighten me

I'm more curious about the 3 district games BC is projected to win. I do not think they can count WOS, or Silsbee, so I assume they sweep the other 3 including HF and OF. I thought I read HF had 6 on offense and 7 on defense returning from last year and the score was 60 something to 21 I believe? That is a lot of improvement in one season. I will give them being optimistically speaking 2-8 or 1-9 at best by my account. But no doubt improvement!

Liberty W (should've won last year)

Kountze L

LCM L

Buna W

Kelly L

HJ Tie (HJ on penetrations)

Silsbee L

WOS (we all know the answer-L)

OF L(but close b/c of rivalry)

HF L(closer than last year)

• Member Statistics

Total Members