I guess I have been gone too long...

Guest etbu

Who gives a rats anyway bc how many of these kids will play in college anyway? They will end up playing slowpitch eventually down the road. Heck if your kid rides the pine teach them  to be the best cheerleader. We are all fans anyway and your kids lives will be much more enjoyable if we as parents  chill out. Play some ball, get a good education,start your own business, then you can you take your Coach out for a steak.

How many area HS coaches actually played college ball, Im thinking you can count them on one hand. Do you guys actually think with the rules UIL has in place a HS coach has time to teach 'the swing' or recongize a minor flaw in a pitchers mechanics and correct ...some can do one but very few can do both, most don't know themselves. Without dads and 'summer ball' any HS coach would be hard pressed to field a competive team out of your ave HS talent. Most players that go to the next level are noticed in the summers before their Sr yr not on a HS team be it in a camp or showcase, and this is something a HS coach has nothing to do with. A HS coach sould not have to teach fundimentals (most can't) just take what they get and run with it and the ones that do well is a direct result of 'offseason' work.   

Amen bro...I was begining to think I was the only one who could see this...I just don't understand

some of these posters that don't believe this...To me it is very obvious...How many "hundreds" of  dads

know as much (or more) about baseball than some of these High School coaches??? I wouldn't want to

take a $60,000 a year cut in my pay to coach High School ball....

There are hundreds of dads that THINK they know more than the high school coaches but it doesn't make it so.  Dads  need to sit in the bleachers and eat the popcorn.  They could have coached if they had went to college, its not the coaches fault that the dads feel inferior. 

I have never felt "Inferior" when watching Bridge City play (maybe watching PNG), But like I said, I

could not afford the cut in pay to be a High School coach.....

Guest Bulldog

Did you get a baseball scholarship? He did. Did you get any help from your coach to play college ball? He didn't, he did it on his own.

Just because he got no help out of High School doesn't mean when he became a coach he couldn't help put his players there.

He should have been bustin' his rear to put kids there.(In college) Griff at LC-M is the best in this area at doing that.

How many area HS coaches actually played college ball, Im thinking you can count them on one hand. Do you guys actually think with the rules UIL has in place a HS coach has time to teach 'the swing' or recongize a minor flaw in a pitchers mechanics and correct ...some can do one but very few can do both, most don't know themselves. Without dads and 'summer ball' any HS coach would be hard pressed to field a competive team out of your ave HS talent. Most players that go to the next level are noticed in the summers before their Sr yr not on a HS team be it in a camp or showcase, and this is something a HS coach has nothing to do with. A HS coach sould not have to teach fundimentals (most can't) just take what they get and run with it and the ones that do well is a direct result of 'offseason' work.   

Amen bro...I was begining to think I was the only one who could see this...I just don't understand

some of these posters that don't believe this...To me it is very obvious...How many "hundreds" of  dads

know as much (or more) about baseball than some of these High School coaches??? I wouldn't want to

take a $60,000 a year cut in my pay to coach High School ball....

There are hundreds of dads that THINK they know more than the high school coaches but it doesn't make it so.  Dads  need to sit in the bleachers and eat the popcorn.  They could have coached if they had went to college, its not the coaches fault that the dads feel inferior. 

I have never felt "Inferior" when watching Bridge City play (maybe watching PNG), But like I said, I

could not afford the cut in pay to be a High School coach.....

The pay is good at the feed store?

Wow...ignorant runs rampant.  Whoa, nelly!

I agree with several posts on here and the others...well, I'll just tell ya...I wasn't shocked by your responses.  You know, I have taught my children growing up, you may not like this person or that person, but you should respect them.  To every coach who sacrifices what they do to coach, many owe you so much, including myself.  Not just at the school level, but at every level.  Unfortunately, I was a single parent and these coaches stepped up and taught my children something about baseball, but more importantly...about LIFE.  The Mustang coaches have been my boys' other parent and I owe them eternally for that.  In no way was I trying to down what little league dads and others do for their kids nor did I ever say that any ONE person was responsible.  I'm not a fool, but are you because you think that  most coaches have the difficult task of molding and harnessing these athletes?  Sure, parents are to be credited, but I just happen to firmly believe in the saying: it takes a village to raise a child. 

My whole point to the initial post was this:  I am so tired of hearing people down these coaches.  They are but human and I am sure that most will tell you that they are fallible.  For all who believe that they can do a better job coaching...GO TO COLLEGE, GET A DEGREE, TAKE A PAY CUT, AND GIVE WHAT THESE OTHER COACHES GIVE TO THESE KIDS.

If anyone still isn't comprehending the post, I'll try to break it down some more (if that's possible!) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami