*Bryant to be reassigned*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Bryant is a fine upstanding person and knows the game.  He is paying for the "sins" of others and the fact that he doesn't "hob-knob" with the parents.  Every coach has issues with relatives of players and Coach Bryant happened to not play someone who was related to a person or persons who had the "stroke" to make him pay for it.  We all sat on our hands and let that moron Les Johnson run off Chuck and here we go again!  This is not about personality.  It's about doing what is right and baseball!  Now, having said that, Coach Bryant - just like any coach - knows the way this works.  Make the wrong person angry, and it is just a matter of time.  Billy will land on his feet.  I also want to say I hope we do not promote from within.  With this program, we can hire an excellant coach from anywhere.  Under other circumstances, people would line up for the job.  Now, who knows?

Would you please explain "hob-knob" and who are you to judge peoples sins?

If you dont think this sort of thing happens in high schools especially in small towns like BC then you are not only kidding yourself but you are also either blind or you decide to turn your back and ignore it.... but rest assured IT HAPPENS!

I don't know what he may or may not have done for this to happen. But I know from reading this board on regular basis that a lot of negative comments have been directed toward him from the BC fans/parents. It seems like the vultures have been circling for a while waiting for their chance.

Politics play a role at every school. If you think LCM is immune just look at the starters. Are there any that didn't go to Sam Moore?

Politics do play a role in most schools, but in BC they are to the point of being sickening.  One thing that just gets me are some of the boys in athletics are always up to no good, and the coaches know about it, but it's overlooked and they seem to be the one's that get rewarded.  Someone needs to step up and put a stop to the nonsense, but that won't happen.  Lets give them another pat on the back and another award.  Whatever happened to "the best players play, but by being on the team, there are rules that athletes have to follow or you are kicked off".  Need coaches who don't play favorites and coach with an iron fist.  Just my two cents!

I don't know what he may or may not have done for this to happen. But I know from reading this board on regular basis that a lot of negative comments have been directed toward him from the BC fans/parents. It seems like the vultures have been circling for a while waiting for their chance.

Politics play a role at every school. If you think LCM is immune just look at the starters. Are there any that didn't go to Sam Moore?

I don't understand your questioning on this one, but yes, there are and have been plenty of starters that do not go to him.

What the heck does that have to do with politics? This is a moronic statement! All of the kids that start, who went to Sam, has more to do with the fact that he is a GREAT coach and the kids he has taught know what they are doing. I've coached kids who go to Sam and they are very well prepared and you can definitely see a difference between them and the players who only go to practice and that's it. Don't be pissed because you will not spend the coin to give your kid the best chance to succeed.

One more thing... why has this conversation turned to Sam? These are completely different circumstances. Sam left on his own, Bryant has been reassigned. Let's not drag people into this issue that don't deserve to be there.

What the heck does that have to do with politics? This is a moronic statement! All of the kids that start, who went to Sam, has more to do with the fact that he is a GREAT coach and the kids he has taught know what they are doing. I've coached kids who go to Sam and they are very well prepared and you can definitely see a difference between them and the players who only go to practice and that's it. Don't be pissed because you will not spend the coin to give your kid the best chance to succeed.

One more thing... why has this conversation turned to Sam? These are completely different circumstances. Sam left on his own, Bryant has been reassigned. Let's not drag people into this issue that don't deserve to be there.

well said

also look at the talent bryant has had compared to the talent moore had when he was here

Are you saying that Coach Moore didn't have any talent to work with while at BC? I'd call Dan Fletcher talent-drafted out of high school and the cards didn't make play-offs with him on the mound.  Give Bryant some credit, his record speaks for itself.

thats because all dan fletcher had was a fastball yeah he got drafted right out of high school but didn't last long cause all he did was throw fastballs and dan wasn't here with Moore he was here with the coach before Moore

Fletcher had Moore for at least his senior season, possibly his junior year as well.

also look at the talent bryant has had compared to the talent moore had when he was here

are you actuaaly saying moore had no talent....blackshear,knight, sanders, myers and there are many more..he went to the playoffs every year i think but never got more than two deep into the playoffs......you evidently are no judge of talent....bottom line bridge city always has the talent but what you do with it is what counts and bryant has shown just like young did when he was here..they know how to coach and get the most they can out of what they have..true there personalaties are completely opposite...but i never knew any coach that one with personality......it may go deeper than we will know but bottom line is that anyone that doesnt play the political game in bridge city doesnt stay.....i promise you any coach or teacher for that matter that comes in here and plays the game can stay as long as they want no matter what kind of coach or teacher or admin. they are. i dont care what anyone says thaty is the way it is in bridge city...and i have lived here for a long time....

you cant compare the talent of teams based solely on their performance.  The talent of the teams they play plays a huge role in determining their success.  Fletchers senior year they were the smallest school in the best 4a baseball district in texas that year.  PNG and LCM played in the regional finals and Nederland was better than both of them with Sullivan pitching.

I have known the board member in question for about 15 years. He is a very upstanding pillar of the BC OF area. This man has always been a gentleman and an asset to the youth in the area. This man has always stuck to playing by the rules and I have never known him to to be sneaky about anything. I know there are a lot of people besides myself who respect this man.

This man has a tract record of improving every thing he has been involved with.

I don't know the details of this situation but let's quit pointing fingers and start rolling in the right direction.

Terry Moseley

Whether you agree with the decisions of the BCISD Administration or not, THIS forum has rules, and EVERY POSTER, myself included, is expected to follow those rules....

Please keep the discussions to facts, and do not drag others into this issue..............

I am a resident of Bridge City, and do not hide behind a screen name.  I would expect no less of every other poster on here.  If you can't sign your name at the bottom of the post, then you probably shouldn't have written it.

I am asking EVERYONE to equal that standard............

James Birdwell

I still have not heard the "Reason" that Bryant was reassigned...  I know you people don't really

believe that 1 person from the school board would have the power to get a coach fired....Especially 

Coach "Billy Bryant" who you guys make sound like the greatest coach to ever set foot on a baseball

field...You guys need to wake up , the guy obviously did something wrong..We will soon find out the

true reason and I hope you all have enough guts to stand up and apologize to the people that you

are blaming..(Although I know it won't happen )

I am not from BC but was around town when all the campaigning was going on for their school board elections and one board member in particular ran on the quote: We have to get rid of a certain board member and when elected the first thing I will do is see that the baseball coach is gotten rid of"  So if anyone thinks this person did not have anything to do with getting rid of the head coach, they are sadly mistaken.  Take it for what it's worth.  I think it's sad and I wish Billy all of the luck!

I am not from BC but was around town when all the campaigning was going on for their school board elections and one board member in particular ran on the quote: We have to get rid of a certain board member and when elected the first thing I will do is see that the baseball coach is gotten rid of"  So if anyone thinks this person did not have anything to do with getting rid of the head coach, they are sadly mistaken.  Take it for what it's worth.  I think it's sad and I wish Billy all of the luck!

Who was on the board when Coach Bryant got the job?  Are any of those board members left? 

Guest Bulldog

Well if everyone want's to know so bad why it happen just go and ask coach Bryant why he lost his job or better yet he should come out publically and tell us all so we can end this subject and move on to the future........

Guest BC boy 17

I am from Bridge City and was here during this most recent campaign and for many years before that. I am very familiar with the players of these discussions. I do not recall having ever heard or read the quote mentioned above. For it to be quoted it must exist in some form elsewhere such as campaign ad. I would challenge anyone to be able to produce that as proof. I can't believe, and will not believe, a statement such as that was used as a campaign platform or strategy.