*Bryant to be reassigned*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest airitout123

2 thoughts...

Would this have anything to do with the rumor that he did not nominate his player for the MVP, which went to another player?  If this did happen and he withheld the kid for some 'personal reason', then this may have rubbed the administration the wrong way.  (I read this but do not know it to be a fact)

BC should attract a very qualified coach for this position.  BC has strong tradition, they should get a very good coach.

LCM is one of the few schools that does NOT involve politics. Coach Griff puts his best 9 on the field, night in and night out. That's probably a good explanation for his teams success.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

If BC had went on to win state this year, do you think Coach Bryant would have been there next year?

no i dont think so like its been said, this was an off the field issue from what i understand

as many as said, this is an internal BC matter.  don't you just hate these personnel issues!  now coach is too damaged to "coach", but still ok to be "reassigned".  ???  of course, we don't know the real issues, and probably never will.  and that is probably best.

Good wishes to BC in sorting this out.

It's sad to hear all of this...I say promote from within who knows what can happen, he would already know the players...Just my opinion...It's kinda like at your job with your boss gets promoted or demoted and they bring somebody off of the street to fill the position "Kinda Sucks"......Well best of luck with whoever they assign to the position...And keep your head up Cards you'll be at the top again next year..

Guest tigersvoice

If BC had went on to win state this year, do you think Coach Bryant would have been there next year?

no i dont think so like its been said, this was an off the field issue from what i understand

as many as said, this is an internal BC matter.  don't you just hate these personnel issues!  now coach is too damaged to "coach", but still ok to be "reassigned".   ???  of course, we don't know the real issues, and probably never will.  and that is probably best.

Good wishes to BC in sorting this out.

I'd like to know the real issues because I'm nosey!.  The person who needs to KNOW the real issues is the next Coach.  Real interesting school district down there in Bridge City to say the least.

Coach Bryant is a fine upstanding person and knows the game.  He is paying for the "sins" of others and the fact that he doesn't "hob-knob" with the parents.  Every coach has issues with relatives of players and Coach Bryant happened to not play someone who was related to a person or persons who had the "stroke" to make him pay for it.  We all sat on our hands and let that moron Les Johnson run off Chuck and here we go again!  This is not about personality.  It's about doing what is right and baseball!  Now, having said that, Coach Bryant - just like any coach - knows the way this works.  Make the wrong person angry, and it is just a matter of time.  Billy will land on his feet.  I also want to say I hope we do not promote from within.  With this program, we can hire an excellant coach from anywhere.  Under other circumstances, people would line up for the job.  Now, who knows?

Coach Bryant is a fine upstanding person and knows the game.  He is paying for the "sins" of others and the fact that he doesn't "hob-knob" with the parents.  Every coach has issues with relatives of players and Coach Bryant happened to not play someone who was related to a person or persons who had the "stroke" to make him pay for it.  We all sat on our hands and let that moron Les Johnson run off Chuck and here we go again!  This is not about personality.  It's about doing what is right and baseball!  Now, having said that, Coach Bryant - just like any coach - knows the way this works.  Make the wrong person angry, and it is just a matter of time.  Billy will land on his feet.  I also want to say I hope we do not promote from within.  With this program, we can hire an excellant coach from anywhere.  Under other circumstances, people would line up for the job.  Now, who knows?

Would you please explain "hob-knob" and who are you to judge peoples sins?

I have watched and am amazed at some of the assumptions....now here is my 2 cents.  Remember what the first three letter of assume are...... ;D

It does not have anything to do with his win/loss record.  Nor is it because we lost to Jasper....I can assure you this still would have happened even if we would have won a State Championship.

He has not stepped on any toes and this is not politically motivated.

It has nothing to do with who he played when and where....even though he did pull up his nephew for the playoff run....his nephew is a good player.  It's not because he didn't play somebodys kid over somebody else's and that parent had some stroke with the powers that be.

This was not a surprise and was expected.

It's a private matter and I sure the family would like to just stay that way....remember, he has been reassigned....not terminated from the district.  :-X

We wish Coach Bryant and his family our prayers and best wishes.

The new coach will be successful and I am sure BC will have tons of applicants and will make the selection that's best for our kids and the district. ;D

In my opinion..........

There is more to coaching in High School than winning and losing, and keeping up with a W-L record.  I expect the people who teach my children at the HS level to be educators in LIFE, as well as academia.  Basing your opinion, as a non-resident of Bridge City without first-hand knowledge of the situation, as to the success or failure of a coach on solely a W-L record, is pure speculation at best.  To suggest, from the outside, that this move is a mistake, is a mistake in its' own right.

Time will allow all the facts to come to the surface, without all of the rumors disguising the truth.  Until that happens, read more and post less.............. please!

I agree, coaching is more than wins or losses. I can only comment on what I have observed. Yes, BC does win and win alot, but they also win and show class. Apparently someone is teaching them about sportsmanship and how to handle success as well as failure. These players third period chemistry teacher is not the one teaching them this. This comes directly from the coaches.

So the next question might be, the "stroke" person who's relative was not played and made Billy pay, do they have a say in who is hired now?  If so, that is messed up.

Guest BCNatureBoy

Will the entire BC coaching staff be gone as is the case when most football coaches leave their staffs often go with them? ???