Nederland Dogs of '08..

Theres a big reason why the bulldogs went to the spread last years,,,,,,,,we did not have a running back that could shoulder the load. 

I would have to disagree on that statement. We had a very talented back last year who couldn't produce do to lack of running lanes provided by the offensive line. We could have had Adrian Peterson as our RB, and we still wouldn't have had a running game. Offensive Line needs to step it up big next year if we hope to even have a chance to make it to the playoffs.

To reply to Wise Guy:

He was right on about the O-Line, those guys performed lack luster at best for the majority for most of the season! Even the RB weighed more than 2 or 3 of his lineman. The O-line is definitely goin to have to kick it up a knotch this season!

Am I the only dog fan that thought our oline did pretty good?  How many sack did they give up?  Not many.....

Would have been nice to have a running back that could have made someone miss, break a tackle?  Some of you said that our rb's were bigger than the line, i bet some of the lineman were faster than the rb's.  A good running back makes a good offensive line

you're right, but they shouldn't give up many sacks in an offense that is based on quick passes...  I think the other fans are referring to the dogs' inability to effectively run the ball. I also agree that a good back makes a good o-line but that can go the other way as well... I think they tend to feed off of each other's success.

Guest 87CRU79

Theres a big reason why the bulldogs went to the spread last years,,,,,,,,we did not have a running back that could shoulder the load. 

I would have to disagree on that statement. We had a very talented back last year who couldn't produce do to lack of running lanes provided by the offensive line. We could have had Adrian Peterson as our RB, and we still wouldn't have had a running game. Offensive Line needs to step it up big next year if we hope to even have a chance to make it to the playoffs.

To reply to Wise Guy:

He was right on about the O-Line, those guys performed lack luster at best for the majority for most of the season! Even the RB weighed more than 2 or 3 of his lineman. The O-line is definitely goin to have to kick it up a knotch this season!

Am I the only dog fan that thought our oline did pretty good?  How many sack did they give up?  Not many.....

Would have been nice to have a running back that could have made someone miss, break a tackle?  Some of you said that our rb's were bigger than the line, i bet some of the lineman were faster than the rb's.  A good running back makes a good offensive line

you're right, but they shouldn't give up many sacks in an offense that is based on quick passes...   I think the other fans are referring to the dogs' inability to effectively run the ball. I also agree that a good back makes a good o-line but that can go the other way as well... I think they tend to feed off of each other's success.

Perhaps you should go back and look at the game film dude! Bass (#11), for the most part, and Breaux (#14), were having to break tackles IN THE BACKFIELD THE ENTIRE SEASON!!! But of course our amazing offensive line wouldn't let that happen, they were too busy not giving up any sacks. Which brings me to remembering Bellow laying in the fetal position at least 3 or 4 times a game! Think before you speak man, just because you know an O-Lineman or are the parent or relative of one or even are one, doesn't excuse then horrendous blocking performance of last year.

Plus, Bass was a OF and a pinch runner for the baseball team this year. But athletes with speed and quickness don't normally suit those positions (sarcasm intended!)

And one more thing, you probably are the only person who thought the O-line performed admirably last season

The dude abides..

To reply to Wise Guy:

you're right, but they shouldn't give up many sacks in an offense that is based on quick passes...   I think the other fans are referring to the dogs' inability to effectively run the ball. I also agree that a good back makes a good o-line but that can go the other way as well... I think they tend to feed off of each other's success.

Perhaps you should go back and look at the game film dude! Bass (#11), for the most part, and Breaux (#14), were having to break tackles IN THE BACKFIELD THE ENTIRE SEASON!!! But of course our amazing offensive line wouldn't let that happen, they were too busy not giving up any sacks. Which brings me to remembering Bellow laying in the fetal position at least 3 or 4 times a game! Think before you speak man, just because you know an O-Lineman or are the parent or relative of one or even are one, doesn't excuse then horrendous blocking performance of last year.

Plus, Bass was a OF and a pinch runner for the baseball team this year. But athletes with speed and quickness don't normally suit those positions (sarcasm intended!)

And one more thing, you probably are the only person who thought the O-line performed admirably last season

The dude abides..

Take a pill dude.  The o-line had trouble with the run last year, but that not suprising considering thier youth.  They will be a year older and from what I have heard a year bigger.  We should have a better year this year if the OC will call some run plays.

To reply to Wise Guy:

The dude abides..

Take a pill dude.  The o-line had trouble with the run last year, but that not suprising considering thier youth.  They will be a year older and from what I have heard a year bigger.  We should have a better year this year if the OC will call some run plays.

I don't know about you Bigdog, but I think that Dude is right on track. Nederland's lack of a running attack last year wasn't because of no talent at the position, it was because of lackluster O-line performance.

That being said, I do think with the return of 2 offensive lineman and 1 who played a few games before grade troubles could translate into an improvement in the 08 season. As long as Bellow is given time to throw, I believe that our offense will be on pace to shatter some records.

To reply to Wise Guy:

The dude abides..

I will have a problem watching film from last year, i'm sure the coaches don't want me up there watching film with them.  Maybe Bellow was in the fetal position because the rb didn't pick up a blitz?  But i wouldn't know because I don't watch film :)  SO now if you are a (pinch runner?) that's what "THE DUDE calls it you are a good running back?  (sarcasm intended!)  If I am the only fan that though the o-line did admirably then so be it.  SOunds if your the parent/brother of a running back.  But really who cares who you are

Guest 87CRU79

Not a relative of the kid, just a long time fan. That boy put in numerous hours of work last summer in preparation for the 07 season, things just didn't pan out for that team. Plus, Neumann was quoted praisin Bass' blocking ability. But the way I see it, this is a dead issue. He had low numbers due to lack of production on the O-line and a re-occuring hip injury. I pray to God that next seasons back will be able to stay healthy the entire season.

And I can care less if people know or wanna know who I am bro, I am not interested in being the most popular in one in my peer group. I just pride myself on being thorough and giving an accurate translation of the truth. I also make an overwhelming attempt to steer from the stereo-typical ignorant football fan evaluations, such as what I hear from more than enough fans at the games. Ask anyone who remotely knows the game of football, they'll let you in on it.

But wait, you probably are that guy blabberin out loud before thinkin at the games

Dude / Wise Guy, ya'll sure do agree with each other alot?

Go figure. Not hard to figure out huh Penny?

Can you say, straw man?

I believe that he is adressing the subject fully. His evaulation of why our running game was unsucessful was due to a lack of production with the front 5. Dave Crommett even said you can only do so much with 170 lb centers and 180 lb tackles. The fact is we had a crummy offensive line, and we had depth and talent at the RB pos, whether it was Bass, Breaux, or the recently departed Roy.

This all being said, the past is the past, and I look forward to our bright future!

Dude / Wise Guy, ya'll sure do agree with each other alot?

Go figure. Not hard to figure out huh Penny?

Can you say, straw man?

I believe that he is adressing the subject fully. His evaulation of why our running game was unsucessful was due to a lack of production with the front 5. Dave Crommett even said you can only do so much with 170 lb centers and 180 lb tackles. The fact is we had a crummy offensive line, and we had depth and talent at the RB pos, whether it was Bass, Breaux, or the recently departed Roy.

This all being said, the past is the past, and I look forward to our bright future!

Well my brothers friends cousin said that both wise guy and dude are together alot for some reason??? .......  :-*

Guest Indian Chief

Nederland will make the plyoffs this year, not sure on if they'll win District though. Have to go with my Indians.

Proud let me tell you your prolem... you're just too sharp,, that's all. Dumb up and you'll think of somin to say!

Penny,

My wife says I'm about as "dumbed up" as it gets.  I told her "Thanx....I think".

Still thinking though.....when does football season start?  ::)

Broussard will be graduating this week ,but Swain can do the job as well .We will see  a host of recievers early till we settle on the guys that can get the job done. The good thing is we have several to chose from. I look forward to a promising season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369