RedSox Jon Lester..

it is. but he threw over 140 pitches. the coulda been dangerous. but oh well. lol

pitch count is overrated.  it wasn't too long ago that pitchers were expected to go 9 innings most of the time.  what a story in lester!  comes back from cancer and throws a no hitter!!!

it is. but he threw over 140 pitches. the coulda been dangerous. but oh well. lol

pitch count is overrated.  it wasn't too long ago that pitchers were expected to go 9 innings most of the time.  what a story in lester!  comes back from cancer and throws a no hitter!!!

jw.. have you ever thrown 100 pitches? let alone 140? lol its not too fun

Nolan Ryan used to throw 150 pitches a game and that really hurt his career. Lol. I think it depends on the pitcher and you can't pull a pitcher in a game with a no hitter no matter what his pitch count is. If they get a hit off of him, then you pull him.

if i was i was paid millions of dollars a year, i think i could put up with it once every five days or so.  I'm not saying that it won't wear the pitcher out, but it's not like they don't get plenty of time to recover.  pitchers are babied these days.  regardless, lester is a fantastic story.

if i was i was paid millions of dollars a year, i think i could put up with it once every five days or so.  I'm not saying that it won't wear the pitcher out, but it's not like they don't get plenty of time to recover.  pitchers are babied these days.  regardless, lester is a fantastic story.

yeah its an awesome story. and i'm in no way sayin he shoulda been pulled. no coach could ever do that. i'm just saying its a lot of pitches. lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder