What's up with all of the arrogant select names!

THE BIG TIMERS?  C'MON   Are they really big time?

THE FRANCHISE? COOOOMON!  Are they really franchise players?

FIRST ROUNDer's  Are they actually going to be first rounders?

Or is it "If you play for us you will be big time."  Or "if you play for us you will be a franchise player."  Or "if you play for us you will be a first round draft pick."

You are teaching these kids at least one thing that is wrong.  My guess is it goes beyond that.

I prefer the normal names such as Sun Devils, Lumberjacks,   These names lead me to believe they are not a bs'ing these kids and their parents from the first hand shake.  My guess is these teams win more also.

Why change? That's one of the most successful programs in the area. But since half the players in the organization are from all over the golden triangle it doesnt have as much to do with BC as you think.

Just kidding.  There is no way Big Red Machine could ever be associated with arrogance ;D 

Come on, arrogant? You are talking about people who all think their kids are the greatest baseball players ever.You dont have to tell them they are going to be first rounders or franshise players, they already think that.

My team is called The Franchise and I named them that because I like Florida and their colors. So if you think its arrogant so be it.  Its a name.Get over it. We dont tell our parents we can make their kids great.We tell them we are going to give them a good and fun enviroment for baseball. We don't win every tournament but we do win  some; its not because we have an arrogant name or we promise our parents  the world.Our team is a little  different from alot of select teams.Our parents don't pay a dime and we are going to keep it that way for as long as i can.We are trying to give our kids a better opportunity to play better competition and to get better.

So if it seems our names are arrogant we might be cause I don't know about you but I think my team can beat any team out there.I have that much confidence  in my kids.

Your players not having to pay $1000 sets you apart from many of the others.  This means all of your candidates are fanancialy capable of playing on your team, not just the afluent ones. I hope some of the less fortunates have not already jumped ship on this sport and you can fulfill this need for them. Just read an article the other day on baseball in America leaving many kids behind and I see examples of that around here all of the time.  It happens in other sports as well.

Here is an idea.  Someone start a select team that only kids who qualify for free and reduced lunches can play on. 

As far as the names go, it is not limited to, but seems to be a Southeast Texas thing.  I looked at a list of teams playing in a Tournament at Baseball USA in Houston and only one other entry had a name declaring their elite status. (Dynasty)  I like good old fashion wholesome names myself.  I never have thought it was too flattering for a kid to tell me he is a Big Timer.     

THE BIG TIMERS?  C'MON   Are they really big time?

THE FRANCHISE? COOOOMON!  Are they really franchise players?

FIRST ROUNDer's  Are they actually going to be first rounders?

Or is it "If you play for us you will be big time."  Or "if you play for us you will be a franchise player."  Or "if you play for us you will be a first round draft pick."

You are teaching these kids at least one thing that is wrong.  My guess is it goes beyond that.

I prefer the normal names such as Sun Devils, Lumberjacks,   These names lead me to believe they are not a bs'ing these kids and their parents from the first hand shake.  My guess is these teams win more also.

The name is First Round Baseball and it has nothing to do with any of the players going in the first round. The coaches son was drafted in the first round, and why be normal.

Come on, arrogant? You are talking about people who all think their kids are the greatest baseball players ever.You dont have to tell them they are going to be first rounders or franshise players, they already think that.

My team is called The Franchise and I named them that because I like Florida and their colors. So if you think its arrogant so be it.  Its a name.Get over it. We dont tell our parents we can make their kids great.We tell them we are going to give them a good and fun enviroment for baseball. We don't win every tournament but we do win  some; its not because we have an arrogant name or we promise our parents  the world.Our team is a little  different from alot of select teams.Our parents don't pay a dime and we are going to keep it that way for as long as i can.We are trying to give our kids a better opportunity to play better competition and to get better.

So if it seems our names are arrogant we might be cause I don't know about you but I think my team can beat any team out there.I have that much confidence  in my kids.

WOW!

Guest gladiator2

I guess if you named your team the Magic than you would be telling them that they are a joke or they can do tricks on the field. Since you don't like the other names, what makes the name Magic so great? I guess it's not arrogant. Most arrogant people have complete confidence in their self or their teams. Who cares what the name is, most people look at the quality of the team. Most kid's probally could not even tell you what arrogant even means.

I'm sure this is just a stereotype I have but the people I know who's kids play select baseball are very arrogant so maybe the team names are just a reflection of self.

I KNOW NOT ALL OF YOU WHO'S KIDS PLAY SELECT BALL ARE ARROGANT SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder