Lance Berkman

I dont know if i've ever seen a player have as good of a stretch as Lance Berkman has the past week or so.  He seems locked in on every pitch and can drive almost everything they throw at him in the gap.  A couple days ago, he had gone 21 for his last 25 at bats getting on base, which is incredible.  He's really on fire right now, but for the first month and a half as a whole, hes having a great season, and has easily been one of the top 3 or 5 hitters in baseball.  You know he's already setting himself up to be one of the greatest astros ever, but today i read a blog that asked whether Berkman was working toward the Hall of Fame.  Here is an excerpt from Rob Neyer's blog today:

"Have you ever thought of Lance Berkman as a Hall of Famer? I haven't. Should we think of him as a Hall of Famer now, just because of six brilliant weeks? We shouldn't. But Richard Justice argues that Berkman may wind up knocking on the doors of Cooperstown, and now that I'm actually looking at Berkman's career before these last six weeks, and he might have already been on track for the Coop (Cooperstown-baseball hall of fame). Funny what you can learn when you look stuff up."

Here is the link for Richard Justice's article if you want to read:

This is the hidden content, please

Just thought i'd get yalls opinions about Berkmans season to this point and have you ever thought about him as a potential hall of famer at the pace he's going right now.  I know it hadnt crossed my mind, but now that Neyer considers it, maybe we should too...

A career .300 avg in today's game definitely makes me think he's got a shot if he keeps it up. Sprinkle in some impressive stretches like this and some good playoff performances (fingers crossed for this year) and I think he's got a great shot

Fat Elvis has been arguably the best fantasy player in the game so far, as well.  He and Ramirez are neck and neck! 

When I first saw that I thought you were talking about me. Then I read the rest. :)

i was talking about you!  you're tearing up the softball league.  ;D

Fat Elvis has been arguably the best fantasy player in the game so far, as well. He and Ramirez are neck and neck!

When I first saw that I thought you were talking about me. Then I read the rest. :)

i was talking about you! you're tearing up the softball league. ;D

Well I did go 2 for 2 last night with a run scored...   :)

i believe that the astros have the best 3 4 5 hitter in the entire league

that's stretching it.  i will say they have the potential of being a top 3 or 4 offense. 

as badly as the tigers are playing, they have the scariest offense in the league, they just aren't clicking yet.

there isn't an easy out on that team. 

Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Cabrera, Curtis Granderson, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen, Placido Polanco, Edgar Renteria. 

There's not a player on that list that you want to face on a regular basis. 

i believe that the astros have the best 3 4 5 hitter in the entire league

Watching the game tonight and just hurd that the Astros have the best 2-6 hitters in the entire league.

You can argue that.....the 2-6 is really good......especially the 3,4,5......but they need 2 keep hitting like this and not fall off like they have in the past......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder