Rockets need to develop Steve Novak.....

After watching Novak play this season and some of his college Highlights. We really need to develop Novak. He is like a taller version of Steve Kerr. He has such a accurate quick release, and has the ability to shoot off balance jumpers yet they are still really accurate.

Novak only needs to improve on his defense and his strength and he is good to go isn't he? His shooting is too good to be wasted. Also, his style fits Adelman's system perfectly. Adelman's kings never had size and strength. It was all a pass and pass then shoot style offense. Novak is a fast, tall player with a very good shooting stroke, which fits Adelman's system well.

Anyone think Novak will finally crack the rotation next year? He is our only consistent and reliable 3 PT shooter.

Actuall Novak should be in the game for his scoring ability offf the bench...  Especially when Landry and/or Hayes comes in he cold play the 3...  He would be good to offset the size disparity.  Rockets could go at least nine deep if they would devlop Landry, Novak, Hayes, and Brooks.  I personally don't think Head or Woods will get better... And Jackson is up there in age.  Mutombo is 80!  But I don't think Novak is the answer!

I think the answer is more players like Landry. The rockets stars (specifically T Mac are to soft)

You are so blind!

Statistics aren't what I'm talking about. Basketball is a mental as well as physical game you'll know that, so when Kobe Bryant makes ridiculous shots or when Lebron James slams it down sombodys throat that's what I consider not soft. Not because flashy plays mean anything to me but because every successfull team has a superstar that sets the tone for them. EX Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant/Shaquille Oneal/ Wilt Chamberlain/Michael Jordan.

T-mac is far from soft. You can only carry a team so far. The Jazz are an excellent team with too many weapons and T-mac just couldn't do it alone. As far as T-mac not setting the tone like Kobe, LeBron, Garnett and Duncan.....even though T-mac is a superstar, he's not a " face of the league" player like those guys are. Those guys know that they're highlighted on Sportscenter every night. I don't think that's T-mac's style.

T-mac isn't soft, he's a choke artist. There's a difference.  He put up great stats in every game, but in the fourth quarter, when he's supposed to take over, he looked awful.  I agree with ya'll that he needed some help, but i don't understand how he could own the game for 3 quarters, and then look so bad in the 4th. 

In the 4th quarter:

L  Game 1: 0 points (rockets were in this game, only down 8 going into the 4th)

L   Game 2: 1 point (rockets were only down 2 going into the 4th)

W Game 3: 7 points (he hit some big shots, but it took him until 3:29 in the 4th to find the basket)

L   Game 4: 4 points ( no points in the last 4:35 of a 4 point loss)

W Game 5: 8 points (no pressure here, the game was over going into the 4th)

L   Game 6: 12 points (again, not much pressure here, as the game was basically over going into the 4th)

He was fantastic in this series unless it was the 4th quarter of a close game. 

Ever think his 4th quater woes might be explained by playing defense and running the offense the majority of the game . Rockets back court needs to be over hauled and t mac should play more of the 3 quicker 2s are killing Rockets team D.

i'm not sure, it's a thought.  was he terrible in the 4th quarter during the regular season too?

Ever think his 4th quater woes might be explained by playing defense and running the offense the majority of the game . Rockets back court needs to be over hauled and t mac should play more of the 3 quicker 2s are killing Rockets team D.

i'm not sure, it's a thought.  was he terrible in the 4th quarter during the regular season too?

OK!!! Lets look at the truth!!!  Utah has two allstar players in Boozer and Kirilenko, Williams will be one next year.  Okur Is one of the top 15 Centers in the league. And there are players are 6'7 and better players to throw at T-MAC. 

You basically had T-MAC and 4 role players on the court at all times...  The second best player on the court was Rafer and he missed 3 1/2 games this series.  And Rafer is NOT a star. You can't expect T-Mac to beat this team alone.

Last...  KOBE was missing the playoffs when he had only Lamar Odom.  When T-Mac had only Rafer Alston he was winning 23 straight games.  Rafer is NOT as good as Odom!!!  So who is the REAL star!

OK!!! Lets look at the truth!!!  Utah has two allstar players in Boozer and Kirilenko, Williams will be one next year.  Okur Is one of the top 15 Centers in the league. And there are players are 6'7 and better players to throw at T-MAC. 

You basically had T-MAC and 4 role players on the court at all times...  The second best player on the court was Rafer and he missed 3 1/2 games this series.  And Rafer is NOT a star. You can't expect T-Mac to beat this team alone.

Last...  KOBE was missing the playoffs when he had only Lamar Odom.  When T-Mac had only Rafer Alston he was winning 23 straight games.  Rafer is NOT as good as Odom!!!  So who is the REAL star!

He had Yao for the first 13 of those games.  It was still an impressive streak, but once they lost the momentum of the streak, T-Mac only led them to a .500 record for the rest of the season counting the playoffs.  McGrady is a very talented player, but there are plenty of superstars in this league who carry a big load on their team and still manage to perform in the 4th quarter.  The argument about his supporting cast would hold more water if McGrady was playing well in the 4th and they were still losing.  As it was, he underperformed in the 4th quarter of several winnable games.  I don't buy the argument that he was tired.  There are several players in this league playing the type of minutes he plays who are just as central in their teams' schemes as he is.  Comparing Kobe to T-Mac is not comparing apples to apples.  It's like comparing hundred dollar bills to fifty dollar bills.  Both are nice to have, but anybody in their right mind would rather have one more than the other. 

He had Yao for the first 13 of those games.  It was still an impressive streak, but once they lost the momentum of the streak, T-Mac only led them to a .500 record for the rest of the season counting the playoffs.  McGrady is a very talented player, but there are plenty of superstars in this league who carry a big load on their team and still manage to perform in the 4th quarter.  The argument about his supporting cast would hold more water if McGrady was playing well in the 4th and they were still losing.  As it was, he underperformed in the 4th quarter of several winnable games.  I don't buy the argument that he was tired.  There are several players in this league playing the type of minutes he plays who are just as central in their teams' schemes as he is.  Comparing Kobe to T-Mac is not comparing apples to apples.  It's like comparing hundred dollar bills to fifty dollar bills.  Both are nice to have, but anybody in their right mind would rather have one more than the other. 

Plenty???  Naw I don't agree...  Only Leron is close to as alone a T-Mac.  And that is because Yao can't stay healthy.

I will name the ones that carry a load.

Chris Paul has David West and Chanlder

Kobe has Gasol, Bynum and Odom

D Williams has Boozer and Kirilinko

Iveron has Carmelo and Camby

Dwight Howard has Rashard Lewis and Turkilo (spelling)

Duncan has Parker and Ginobli

KG has Pierce and Allen

Dirk has Kid and Howard

Nash has had Marion, Stodimire, Shaq, Grant Hill, and Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson has Al Horford and Josh Smith and Marvin Williams

Bosh has Ford and Caldron

B. Diddy has Stevie, Harrington, and Monta Ellis

Chancy Billups has Rip Hamilton and Rasheed Wallace

The only players that are doing alot with less is Lebron and A. Iguodala.  Where did this plenty you speak of come from.  Not even the great KOBE could get to the play-offs or win a series with developing some peices and Getting Gasol.

T-MAC has Yao and Rafer (who finally stepped up late this year)  and Scola stared playing well late in the season.  Yao has been out! Landry began playing well afet that but he is a Rookie.  Battier cannot be counted on to score.

I don't think he is soft... SNAKE BITTEN maybe but not soft!  They have nothing but injuries.  And IF Jerry Sloan would have allowed a Rockets team without Alston and Yao to win close games he would not be the future Hall of Fame coach that he is!  No way a team with three Allstar caliber players allows a team with one Allstar to beat them in a play-off system!

I see your point short, and I won't argue that point because i do believe it has merit.  I'm not suggesting that T-Mac is soft, and I'm not saying that T-Mac has as good a supporting cast as many other teams.  I'm saying it doesn't make sense for his production to drastically drop in the 4th quarter.  Kobe and Bron Bron may have better supporting casts, but they're still the center of every play like T-Mac is, and they aren't too worn down to score in the 4th, even though they're being double and triple teamed every play.  T-Mac is a bonafide superstar, but he's not in the conversation with Kobe or LeBron or CP3 (IMO).  Until he starts playing like a superstar for the whole game, the Rockets are  going to continue to struggle to win a series, regardless of who is around him (unless the rockets pick up another bonafide superstar who will actually perform in the clutch).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder