***LC-M vs. Nederland Postponed Until Saturday Noon***

You would think they could afford a tarp. ;)

I think they spent all of their money on that new beautification project that was just in the news. No money left for a tarp... but they sure have a pretty new gate to walk through.  :D

Nederland and Port Neches did!!!  You don't anticipate, you prepare as if the bottom is going to fall out and if it doesn't then be thankful but if it does you can still play.

Nederland and Port Neches did!!!   You don't anticipate, you prepare as if the bottom is going to fall out and if it doesn't then be thankful but if it does you can still play.

Good grief. Take a valium and move on. Game is at noon tomorrow, not next week.

;D ;D ;D

Nederland and Port Neches did!!!   You don't anticipate, you prepare as if the bottom is going to fall out and if it doesn't then be thankful but if it does you can still play.

Good grief. Take a valium and move on. Game is at noon tomorrow, not next week.

;D

The kids say we fertilized the field Wednesday and again Thurdsday and were hoping to get some rain on our field early Friday morning because our grass was near death.  Without a little water and then a tarping would have been the end of our grass all together.  Even with well over an inch of rain and a lake on the field at noon Friday, we could almost have gotten this one in tonight.  I am certain we could have had it ready for a nine o'clock start. 

The field should be at its best Saturday for a big game for both teams. 

I don't understand how Ozen's field, which is within thirty minutes of ten high school games that were played tonight could be deemed rained out on Saturday as early as Friday afternoon. 

Take the photo of bear field that is posted on this site and take the statement they made saying they probably could have gotten it ready by 9:00pm tonight.  AND they will have it ready tomorrow at noon. 

The picture shows kids trying to get the water off of the dirt.  Does Ozen just let the water sit there?  Is there a rule that you have to try to get the field ready?  Even if the water just sat there I would think today's afternoon sun would have dried it for tomorrow.

Anybody have some ensight into the rules or the situation?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu