*Jasper vs. HJ/11-1 HJ Wins*

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, j-dog...thanks for the updates...I appreciate that.  Just wasn't Jasper's night, but they are a classy group of young men.  Good luck in your remaining two games.

Thank you.  We will need more than luck.  Jasper must get their act together.  They had more than a seasons worth of errors and strange plays tonight.  But, if they can win out these last two games, they will be in the playoffs.  Their fate is still in their own hands.

Jasper didn't take advantage of their chances in the early innings but you have to give it to HJ they had 5 or 6 doubles and scored when runners were on base...I heard Hart missed the bus thats why he didn't play...but i only remember 2 or 3 errors and a pop fly that dropped (because of the hecklers).

How do y'all know for sure HJ is going to make the playoffs? They have to beat BC but who else do they play?

No we do not have to be BC, although i think we will. Our remaining schedule is BC and OF. OF friday and BC Tuesday. If we win Friday we clinch that second spot.

How do y'all know for sure HJ is going to make the playoffs? They have to beat BC but who else do they play?

No we do not have to be BC, although i think we will. Our remaining schedule is BC and OF. OF friday and BC Tuesday. If we win Friday we clinch that second spot.

If I'm looking at the records right, if Jasper wins out and HJ loses to BC, then Jasper and HJ will be tied and have to play a playoff for 2nd place.

Guest Bulldog

Not gonna happen BC goes undefeated HJ takes second and Slsbee will take third because they will beat Jasper Friday....... ;)

Leaving the Defending State Champs at home........

Not gonna happen BC goes undefeated HJ takes second and Slsbee will take third because they will beat Jasper Friday....... ;)

Yes, Jasper is not playing to the best of their ability...they have got to get it together or they will not go to the playoffs...they are going through a rough spell but they earned their state title through hard work from last years team...they did lose 7 seniors & let me say....i hope someone doesn't keep kicking you while your down the next time bridge city messes up...I don't remember Jasper being tacky after they beat bridge city last year 4 out of 5 times...that was last year, leave it there...every year is a new & different team...

Jasper is aware that they are the defending state champs & proud of it...& as angry as that makes you, that was last year & there is no reason to keep bringing it up....

bridge city,hj & silsbee are all good teams, & whatever happens, happens...but jasper earned last years title - they earned it through hard work..so quite throwing it up in their face or the same just might happen to you oneday...

Guest Bulldog

Yes, Jasper is not playing to the best of their ability...they have got to get it together or they will not go to the playoffs...they are going through a rough spell but they earned their state title through hard work from last years team...they did lose 7 seniors & let me say....i hope someone doesn't keep kicking you while your down the next time bridge city messes up...I don't remember Jasper being tacky after they beat bridge city last year 4 out of 5 times...that was last year, leave it there...every year is a new & different team...

Jasper is aware that they are the defending state champs & proud of it...& as angry as that makes you, that was last year & there is no reason to keep bringing it up....

bridge city,hj & silsbee are all good teams, & whatever happens, happens...but jasper earned last years title - they earned it through hard work..so quite throwing it up in their face or the same just might happen to you oneday...

BC lost 9 seniors from last year and they still keep ticking..........And if BC messes up kick me all you want won't bother me one bit....My post was based on the teams this year not last year.. as you said every year is a new team.....So don't think you proved anything because you didn't.....

I don't talk for BC they do it thereselves...

BC lost 9 seniors from last year and they still keep ticking..........And if BC messes up kick me all you want won't bother me one bit....My post was based on the teams this year not last year.. as you said every year is a new team.....So don't think you proved anything because you didn't.....

say what you want...just suggesting to be a little more humble....

I'm not going to get tacky on here like so many others...

If Silsbee or Jasper wins out and H-J loses to BC, then there will be a tie for 2nd place. How will the second and third seeds be decided?

Heres how I see it going...

HJ- win (OF) and lose (BC) they will be 10-4 (But i think HJ beats BC and avoids confusion)

Jasper- win out and be 10-4

Silsbee- split Jasper and OF makes them 9-5

So HJ and Jasper will have a playoff for 2nd or maybe even a coin toss is what i heard today.

and the year before last BC lost like 11 seniors we reload every year

Guest BCNatureBoy

I'd have to disagree here, several of BC's players were involved in the Region Championship Series at Lamar in some form or another either as starters, subs, or reserves. Those kids felt like they gave that state title to Jasper and I'm sure they vowed not to let that happen again this year.

I'd have to disagree here, several of BC's players were involved in the Region Championship Series at Lamar in some form or another either as starters, subs, or reserves. Those kids felt like they gave that state title to Jasper and I'm sure they vowed not to let that happen again this year.

Baloney.  Argue that BC gave the regional title to Jasper if you wish.  That is just an opinion. 

But BC did NOT "give" the state title to Jasper.  No way.  Jasper went to Roundrock and did what BC failed to do the year before.  Beat Liberty-Eylau, as well as Abilene Wylie.  BC made not one play for Jasper.  Jasper did their own playing.

True, BC obviously is playing with a lot more focus this year and may well succeed.  They are a very tough opponent.  But Jasper's season is not yet over, and this adversity may prove to be the best thing that could have happened to them.  Certainly, Jasper has had its wake-up call.  We will see Friday night how they respond to the call.

Hey guys ps this is the board about HJ beating Jasper if yall forgot...quit getting butt hurt about last year and worry about this year and Jasper you might want to worry about making the playoffs first. Say what you want about last year but didn't BC sweep the Dawgs THIS year, the one that actually matters to anyone but Jasper.

Well at least we are defending something, maybe someone else in our district will win state and they will be the defending champion.  But until that time they are just trying to get to the state playoffs.  It feels pretty good to be defending the title. ;D

Great job HJ, it was your night,sorry to get off the subject. wannabees just bring out the worst in me :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder