Lamar Head Football Coach

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mffl

Wasn't Woodard only at Navarro for only a year?  Would he be committed to 3 to 5 years, or would he be trying to jump ship as soon as he could?  If he is the coach, I still think Stump should be the OC.

I don't know where he'd go while we are building a program unless he goes undefeated his first year here or something... even then, It's not like he's a legend so schools aren't just going to take a shot at him whenever he recruits for a year and tries to raise more money from the community.

Just remember how many people thought about how bad the Larry Tidwell hire was... or at least i was thinking, why hire an older guy who has never been a college head coach? Boy, was I wrong, I think every single person who doubted him was wrong. He had contacts all over the world!! I heard this guy, Woodard, was recommended by some big name people too.

Oh and BTW WBbear, definitely agree with you on that statement. Hopefully he can get some players from the Brook to LU.

Wasn't Woodard only at Navarro for only a year?  Would he be committed to 3 to 5 years, or would he be trying to jump ship as soon as he could?  If he is the coach, I still think Stump should be the OC.

I don't know where he'd go while we are building a program unless he goes undefeated his first year here or something... even then, It's not like he's a legend so schools aren't just going to take a shot at him whenever he recruits for a year and tries to raise more money from the community.

Just remember how many people thought about how bad the Larry Tidwell hire was... or at least i was thinking, why hire an older guy who has never been a college head coach? Boy, was I wrong, I think every single person who doubted him was wrong. He had contacts all over the world!! I heard this guy, Woodard, was recommended by some big name people too.

Oh and BTW WBbear, definitely agree with you on that statement. Hopefully he can get some players from the Brook to LU.

There has been some talented WB players in the past wishing LU had a team. Some kids like the idea of staying home.

Who thought Tidwell was a bad hire?

Guest mffl

I think i remember everybody wanting Ancelot or someone younger who seemed to have more passion; Because Coach Drake had not. Plus add to the fact we had nooo idea who the guy was and I think a few people thought oh Billy is just giving one of his TCU coaching buddy friends a job... great.

C'mon UNLV, admit that you didn't expect Tidwell to be anything like he is (AMAZING!). Maybe this football coach will be too.

I think i remember everybody wanting Ancelot or someone younger who seemed to have more passion; Because Coach Drake had not. Plus add to the fact we had nooo idea who the guy was and I think a few people thought oh Billy is just giving one of his TCU coaching buddy friends a job... great.

C'mon UNLV, admit that you didn't expect Tidwell to be anything like he is (AMAZING!). Maybe this football coach will be too.

Nope, Tidwell came in saying he wants to win now. Thats my kind of guy. He didn't say winning now is unrealistic and that 4-5-10 years

is needed first before upgrading the stadium to a bowl and getting a FBS invite....errr nevermind.

BREAKING NEWS: Lamar could select football coach tonight, Navarro's Woodard a finalist for job

From Staff Reports

Navarro could be looking for a new football coach Friday.

Coach Ray Woodard is a finalist for the Lamar University head coaching job and a could be named as early as Thursday night by the Lamar Board of Trustees, according to Navarro President Dr. Richard Sanchez.

Sanchez confirmed reports by the Beaumont Enterprise that Woodard was a finalist.

“Word on his future could be conveyed as early as (Friday) if the trustees make that decision tonight,†Sanchez said.

Woodard is listed as one of 11 finalists for the job by the Beaumont Enterprise, which includes former Lamar coach Larry Keenan.

Lamar students passed a resolution on Jan. 29 to raise student fees to fund the return of Cardinal football for the first time since 1989.

The Cardinals will play in the Southland Conference, a member of the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly 1-AA), with current members Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, Central Arkansas, Southeastern Louisiana, Texas State, Northwestern State, McNeese State and Nicholls State,

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder