It just keeps coming for PAISD

WOSgrad

From KFDM.com:

An agenda for the February 2 Port Arthur school board meeting indicates Superintendent Dr. Willis Mackey might be preparing to resign.

As KFDM News reported Monday at 6 p.m., the agenda states the board will consider accepting the resignation from Dr. Willis R. Mackey and approving a voluntary exit agreement between Mackey and the district.

The agenda also states the board will consider appointing a temporary superintendent.

We could not reach Dr. Mackey for comment.

Doctor Mackey and members of the board have had several disagreements in the past year, and a state conservator was sent to the district to help work out problems involving the board and the superintendent.

Dr. Mackey has been the PAISD superintendent since June, 2003. During previous interviews with KFDM News, Dr. Mackey has cited some of the accomplishments under his tenure, including voter approval of a $110 million bond issue and increasing test scores.

Stay with KFDM News for much more on the story.

Guest GoStangs

Ground Hog Day (Feb. 02) will be another hit on the chops for the PAISD.

What is bad is getting worse. Can someone in south county tell us when things will get better? Every day another story or rumor emerges and in doing so a deeper hole is being dug.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this is something bad getting worse. Superintendents come and go, like any other job, and I don't see how this means anything more than PAISD will have to find someone to replace Mackey.

PAISD is like any other school district -- they have some great students, teachers, and programs, and they have their share of problems, also. Without going overboard on the issue, I'll just say a lot of people, for a variety of reasons, promote a negative perception about PAISD, or at least choose to believe anything published about PAISD (even the most ordinary subjects) needs a negative ending to it. That type of behavior is something beyond PAISD's control, and I doubt we'll see the kind of societal change necessary to correct it in our lifetimes.

I don't think it is the Superintendent that is the issue here. The school board at PAISD is on the verge of being dismissed by the Texas Education Agency. They have been on Dr. Mackey since the day he showed up in Port Arthur. As long as those loonies continue to be elected to the school board, PAISD will be scraping the bottom of the barrel and the students and community deserve better.

Guest GoStangs

Whenever a person resigns from any position, there's some need not being met, otherwise he'd stay until he couldn't work any longer. It just seems there's a lack of confidence from people outside PAISD that feel any change is going to have negative consequences.

After hearing some remarks made on Ch 6 news last night by PA people, I'd be surprised if any superintendents with any real capabilities apply for the job. PA should have let Mackey go without comment. No superindent will want to go to PAISD and risk having the same things said about them.

Thats exactly what I said about a Head Football coach/AD. Who wants to go to a place as jacked up as that. No one in their RIGHT mind would, no matter how much money the throw at you, for you will only be making it for a few short years before they find your replacement.............even with supers..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder