Freshman of the year?

yeah jalali is good for 4a. 5a is prolly reggie wilson of westbrook. what does scoggins play? also darnall of wos has been solid.

He is a pitcher, first base and third base. Because of the big senior class he plays mostly on JV, where he can get the most rotaions at pitching.  He has moved up and down all season long from varsity to soph., will play at any level just so he can play, not a selfish person. He loves to play baseball. Don't know his exact stats on JV or varsity. A very good and well mannerd kid. About 6'1" and around 195, a fast ball that is very lively and steady at 82-84 mph. Been clocked at Field of Dreams in Houston as high as 88 mph in a game, a good slider, and a curve ball to die for.  For some reason he did not bat early in the season. In the past few games (don't know actual stats) batting in the .600 range. Give or take. I have not made 100% of the games in 21-3a but the ones I have made he is one of the best. But sense you put a criteria on it, this is JMO. But who nitpicks anyway? 

yeah jalali is good for 4a. 5a is prolly reggie wilson of westbrook. what does scoggins play? also darnall of wos has been solid.

He is a pitcher, first base and third base. Because of the big senior class he plays mostly on JV, where he can get the most rotaions at pitching.  He has moved up and down all season long from varsity to soph., will play at any level just so he can play, not a selfish person. He loves to play baseball. Don't know his exact stats on JV or varsity. A very good and well mannerd kid. About 6'1" and around 195, a fast ball that is very lively and steady at 82-84 mph. Been clocked at Field of Dreams in Houston as high as 88 mph in a game, a good slider, and a curve ball to die for.  For some reason he did not bat early in the season. In the past few games (don't know actual stats) batting in the .600 range. Give or take. I have not made 100% of the games in 21-3a but the ones I have made he is one of the best. But sense you put a criteria on it, this is JMO. But who nitpicks anyway? 

Are you telling me that Silsbee has a freshman that throws between 82-84 and he pitches for the JV?  I have a hard time believeing this. 

wasnt Hagler the one that drove in the 3rd for vidor that sent vidor vs png to extra innings against Harrington.I know he had a stand-up double against lcm one of only 2 hits that game.but seems glove best skill. Jalali has long ball power which i always like to see .HR vs lcm&central.But I was told Hagler yanked Fazio of Kelly left center gap so has got it done against very good senior pitching.I think they were teamates in select with reggie wilson and boom james @the brook! I think you cant teach home run power.. so u know which way im leaning. Does anybody know of any more starting freashmen?

I thought it was two. So you have the classic argument .Should be fun! u have the no error glove with nerves for cluch hits (bet haglers legs where JELLO facing Harrington w 2outs and 2 strikes and Stone and Brevell coaching against him he played 4 both of the in select ball. But steps up with a smoker to left to send it to extra innings and a win) and the classic long baller. But chicks and the media LOVES to long ball!!!!!!!!!! but who dont. Talking about silsbee what about Dillon Cain (freshman) does he play varsity?

So have we confirmed you have to be playing on varsity in order to be considered?  Does this apply even to those teams who have really strong varsities?  Lots of good freshman who play down simply because they are unproven compared to those strong varsities.  Maybe the category should be split in two: best fish on varsity and best fish not playing varsity.

I'll go with that. I can understand how splitting between the teams isn't really good comparing. I retract my statement.  But that would mean that you can't nominate someone just because they played on varsity a couple of games or are mostly on jv but play varsity every once in a while.  Has to be someone who constantly contributes to the varsity team.

Again just my opinion.......I think it would have to be someone who, at least from the beginning of district has been a productive contributor to the varsity squad. 

It would not (or should not) be someone who saw 3 games, got 5 ab's and 2 hits and you say....well he hit .400 on varsity as a freshman.  You can say it all you want....it would be unfair for this fictitious player to be nominated......... but I would want the guy that batted .333 played every game and maybe even was a factor in his team making the playoffs. 

Guest ST4life

Are you telling me that Silsbee has a freshman that throws between 82-84 and he pitches for the JV?  I have a hard time believeing this. 

Well, believe it. As stated before, Silsbee has 3 or 4 pitchers all trying to get pitching time in with two games a week. It's pretty crowed there. So this young player pitches where ever he can get the most reps. This is just how the coach wants it.

Well, believe it. As stated before, Silsbee has 3 or 4 pitchers all trying to get pitching time in with two games a week. It's pretty crowed there. So this young player pitches where ever he can get the most reps. This is just how the coach wants it.

Ive had the opportunity to keep up with Silsbee over the last few years and I don't think a freshman throwing in the low to mid 80's would pitch on the JV.  Is he wild or something?  Do you realize how hard 80 is?  I know that the Skinner kid throws around 85 and I remember Schooling throwing in the high 70's and low 80's.  What about the Chambers kid from a few years back?  Wasn't he a low 80's guy?  That would mean this kid throws just as hard.  If it's true then Silsbee should be pretty dang good over the next 3 years.  Hopefully I will make a game that he pitches in.   

field of dreams only plays to 13&under or lower.So theres a 13 yo child with a 88 mph fastball,good Slider,and curveball (to die 4).Can u post where his next game is !!!!!!!! .u do know JUGGS guns come w a fork to keep them accu. should be in side pocket of bag.they also have speed rated in mph and kilometers per hour. ;D just messin with u! im sure he a top notch kid cant wait to see him play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317