WOS Dropping Scoccer?

IMO soon prolly in the near future, i think they might have soccer as a classification sport 1 to 5A

It will take a few years just to get a 3A classification, and then at least another 10-15 years (at least) to get a 2A classification if there ever is one, because i dont see many 2A schools having enough people interested in soccer to get enough statewide to have a 2A district... I think that when a 3A district is established that some 2A's will pick it up and play up in 3A, but it will be a long while before there is a 2a, let alone a 1A...

• 2 weeks later...

its not really not having players to play...its not having a ...well simply put.. just not having a knowledgable soccer coach..

Well, this is not the case at WOS my sister is the boys coach and she knows alot about the game, having played semi pro in Dallas, and having played soccer almost her entire life, real soccer we as kids played in Brazil, Aruba etc.. it is having no support system from the school on up. She herself is trying to figure out a way to finance her team going to the British soccer camp that we have here at GCYSC every summer and getting the club pro to work with her team, so you obviously dont know who or what you are talking about

With all due respect, playing and coaching are two entirely different things!

I myself have played for wo-s and therefore have personal experience on the coaching there.  In my opinion, until they start winning more games.  They wont be getting much financial attention.

its not really not having players to play...its not having a ...well simply put.. just not having a knowledgable soccer coach..

Well, this is not the case at WOS my sister is the boys coach and she knows alot about the game, having played semi pro in Dallas, and having played soccer almost her entire life, real soccer we as kids played in Brazil, Aruba etc.. it is having no support system from the school on up. She herself is trying to figure out a way to finance her team going to the British soccer camp that we have here at GCYSC every summer and getting the club pro to work with her team, so you obviously dont know who or what you are talking about

:o ??? :o ::)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are saying that the female who coach's the WOS boys/mens soccer team used to play? And she's attempting to get help from British clubs? I mean I'm just trying to make sure I didn't read that statement incorrectly.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are saying that the female who coach's the WOS boys/mens soccer team used to play? And she's attempting to get help from British clubs? I mean I'm just trying to make sure I didn't read that statement incorrectly.

Yup!... you absolutely read that right!

What he was saying.. is .. his coach was trying to come up with financing to get their team to attend............  THE GULF COAST SOCCER CLUB in Port Neches  is hosting a camp called british soccer camps.    that is who she was looking to get help from......... not a british club...

What he was saying.. is .. his coach was trying to come up with financing to get their team to attend............  THE GULF COAST SOCCER CLUB in Port Neches  is hosting a camp called british soccer camps.     that is who she was looking to get help from......... not a british club...

you are talking about New INdian right?

• 3 weeks later...

Someone said something about at WOS everyone is welcome on the field.  As soccer players we got to run around the field on the track.  We didn't get to practice or play on the field.  You have lost your mind. 

I saw the boys team do "5 Star" before the game at LCM and left because it was horrible.  Nobody on that team looked like they have ever played before or had any coaching.  She needs to step it up.

Someone said something about at WOS everyone is welcome on the field.  As soccer players we got to run around the field on the track.  We didn't get to practice or play on the field.  You have lost your mind. 

I saw the boys team do "5 Star" before the game at LCM and left because it was horrible.  Nobody on that team looked like they have ever played before or had any coaching.  She needs to step it up.

they probably hadn't.  how much can a coach do with a team full of kids that have never played before, won't play any in the off season, and will be forced to play all year against squads with 15-20 kids who've been playing more or less year round since they were four or five years old?  you can take five athletes and make them reasonably competitive on the basketball court.  you can take a team full of athletes and turn them into a pretty good football team in a years time.  you can't take a team full of athletes and expect them to be competitive in soccer.  a team full of slow, fat, old, but talented soccer players will beat the crap out of a team of the best non-soccer playing athletes you can find in southeast texas. 

She needs to step it up? No, the players need to step it up many were unable to play because of their grades, and the work ethic was virtually non-exsistant, she can only do so much, and now that the end of the year is comming around shes getting major lip from several of them, not to worry tho they made the mistake of doing it in front of coach hooks and they might not have the chance to play for WOS at anything!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder