*Vidor vs. Ozen/OZEN STUNS VIDOR 5-4/COMMENTS*

Guest 81sDad

Congrats Ozen!  Dee-Dee and Josh, you guys really helped some friends on the reservation tonight.  Wish we could have been there to cheer you guys on.  Enjoy your celebration, you deserve it.

Yea it always has to come back to PNG right what the whole thread is about.  ??? Keep your heads up Vidor and hats off to Ozen.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Ozen!  Dee-Dee and Josh, you guys really helped some friends on the reservation tonight.  Wish we could have been there to cheer you guys on.  Enjoy your celebration, you deserve it.

Yea it always has to come back to PNG right what the whole thread is about.  ??? Keep your heads up Vidor and hats off to Ozen.

Friends wishing friends congratulations?  Sour grapes 81sDad.  Just so happens that quite a few Indians have played with Dee Dee Lott and Josh Gardiner for a very long time and consider them very good friends.  Its not about Vidor.  Its about wishing the best of luck to our friends at Ozen.

Ozen did a great job, Pirates did well also. Lott threw the ball well and Johnson came in and finished.

Lott gave up three hits for two runs--one earned. Johnson gave up three hits for two runs. There was no ''home cooking.''  If Ozen plays defense like 2nite they would win alot more games....... with three errors on the nite. This team has potential & and Lott is the ''REAL DEAL.''  Raggett & Gardiner are killing the ball. It's still early, but Ozen, just build on this. ;D

Well, well, well...Didn't have much time to bask in the glory , did they ??? ;) ;)

No, and basking is never a good thing. This will make the guys play harder and comments like this will make them want to beat you guys again even more. Keep it up!  ;D

Being at the game I dont believe there was a single call that made the difference in the game. If anything the no call at the plate that the runner should have been called out for not sliding and instead scored a go ahead run that took out the catcher for the rest of the game was really the only questionable thing I so going on. Both teams had opportunities they did not capitalize on but all in all this was a great game to watch it had great pitching clutch hitting and key plays that made a difference that made it great to watch. great job both teams.

Honestly guys most of the people posting on here are not the kids but the parents and it is a little absurd when it goes beyond good natured ribbing and competition. These forums have caused embarrassment for some of the players due to posts on these forums and why would anyone want to do that to any of the young men and women that are on the field actually playing. I am all about being competitive but it goes way overboard when it can't be just about what happened on the field but it becomes personal.

The Vidor-PNG game none of the officials were from Vidor and even if so I don't think they would show favoritism and risk getting blackballed by area schools for that.

This thread should be about another hard fought game between Vidor and Ozen not rehashing the past. We come there on the 18th and I hope if Vidor wins you can admit defeat to a better team and if PNG wins I hope that Vidorians can show more class than has been displayed on both sides of the river over this last one(Some not all).

BTW great win Ozen! Vidor needed a wakeup call to show them that every team in district is force to be reckoned with.\m/

Guest bleed orange

And reality finally hits home!!! You cannot overlook anyone in this district and when you start thinking that you are everything than that is when reality strikes home. I would be surprised if Vidor is not in 3rd place having to fight in the second half of district after Tuesday night. I hope that win over PNG still feels as good as it did Tuesday, now wake up and realize that Vidor is not what all of you believe. I remember another town in another sport finally started winning after years of futility and the same kind of talking took place and nothing good comes from it. It makes you look classless and trashy. Kids learn most of their actions from their parents and I have not seen too many good examples. If you have not won before, at least try to act like you have and keep your kids focused instead of talking crap about beating a young PNG team and then after all of the celebration your kids go and lay an egg. GOOD LUCK TUESDAY!!

You want to talk about CLASSLESS read your own post. Typical PNG.

Being at the game I dont believe there was a single call that made the difference in the game. If anything the no call at the plate that the runner should have been called out for not sliding and instead scored a go ahead run that took out the catcher for the rest of the game was really the only questionable thing I so going on. Both teams had opportunities they did not capitalize on but all in all this was a great game to watch it had great pitching clutch hitting and key plays that made a difference that made it great to watch. great job both teams.

A runner never has to slide at any base. If he does slide it must be a legal slide. Either party may not intiate malicious contact which is strickly a judgement call. There has never and I repeat never been a must slide rule in High School Baseball.

when a player dives in home head first and never hits the ground because he is instead plowing into the knees of a catcher I am positive that that player is called out if the contact knocks the ball out of his hands. The runner may not at all make contact with the catcher other than a slide or a reasobnable attempt to avoid contact. Maybe im not putting this on here for you right but the kid from ozen knows what i am talking about since by the looks of that hit he may not play the rest of this year.

Guest 81sDad

And reality finally hits home!!! You cannot overlook anyone in this district and when you start thinking that you are everything than that is when reality strikes home. I would be surprised if Vidor is not in 3rd place having to fight in the second half of district after Tuesday night. I hope that win over PNG still feels as good as it did Tuesday, now wake up and realize that Vidor is not what all of you believe. I remember another town in another sport finally started winning after years of futility and the same kind of talking took place and nothing good comes from it. It makes you look classless and trashy. Kids learn most of their actions from their parents and I have not seen too many good examples. If you have not won before, at least try to act like you have and keep your kids focused instead of talking crap about beating a young PNG team and then after all of the celebration your kids go and lay an egg. GOOD LUCK TUESDAY!!

im glad you realized your comments about roby were ignorant and erased it. 

Why dont you follow suit?

Guest ASISEEIT

Uh,   Central beat Vidor?             Who's Vidor????????

Vidor is the team that sent you home CRYING the other night!!!  :'( :'( LOL...

Guest bulldogbfan1

I can almost best you that Vidor showed more class when they lost to Ozen than alot of the PNG fans did when they lost to Vidor.I can say I Have been to several PNG games this year and they have became the most classless people I have seen in a long time not just the fans but some of the players too.

A couple of PNG players seem to think they are above everyone else well you guys need to face reality your not perfect and you are not untouchable.

Show alittle class it goes along ways win or lose.

Good luck to Vidor the rest of district and most of all do us all a favor and make sure when you go to the reservation you kick butt.

Guest vpirate

I can almost best you that Vidor showed more class when they lost to Ozen than alot of the PNG fans did when they lost to Vidor.I can say I Have been to several PNG games this year and they have became the most classless people I have seen in a long time not just the fans but some of the players too.

A couple of PNG players seem to think they are above everyone else well you guys need to face reality your not perfect and you are not untouchable.

Good luck to Vidor the rest of district and most of all do us all a favor and make sure when you go to the reservation you kick butt.

It was the umps fault!......  No, it was the music!..  Bottom line, Ozen played well and made plays when they needed to..  Lott was bringing the heat!  If that kid ever gets where he can go seven it will be scary for whom ever they play.

As for the play at the plate, I wish people wouldn't try to make something out of that.  It was not intentional.  Hope the young man is ok...

Guest 81sDad

Amen to that bro and PNG has this attitude its us against the world. Alright Vidor come back next week and get back in the money.

Guest ASISEEIT

Well, well, well...Didn't have much time to bask in the glory , did they ??? ;) ;)

4-3..  I bet they're still loving that!  I know everyone else is! lol :'( :-* :-*

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin