SETXsports PRE SEASON ALL AREA TEAM

MIF04

SOUTHEAST TEXAS PRE SEASON ALL AREA TEAM

MVP: Clayton Ehlert (Sr. -- LCM)

MVP CANDIDATES: Will Alvis (Sr. -- Jasper); Kevin Angelle (Sr. -- BC); Mark Serna (Jr. -- WB)

NEWCOMER: Casey Jackson (Soph. -- BC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST TEAM:

PITCHERS (5):

Kevin Angelle (Sr. -- BC)

Clayton Ehlert (Sr. -- LCM)

Zach Harwood (Sr. -- PNG)

Mark Serna (Jr. -- WB)

Matison Smith (Sr. -- Ned)

CATCHER (1):

Blake Buchanan (Sr. -- PNG)

INFIELD (6):

1b: Landon Womack (Sr. -- LCM)

2b: Tim Ferguson (Jr. -- WB)

3b: Will Alvis (Sr. -- Jasper)

SS: Wes Schneider (Sr. -- LCM)

INF: David Murphy (Jr. -- WB); Braden Riley (Jr. -- Woodville)

OUTFIELD (4):

Bobby Armstrong (Jr. -- WB)

Johnny Dishon (Jr. -- BC)

Cole Johnson (Sr. -- PNG)

Micah Mosely (Jr. -- Nederland)

UTILITY/DH/OTHER (3):

Jerrod Dugas (Sr. -- LCM)

Taylor McInnis (Sr. -- PNG)

Jake Rowell (Jr. -- LCM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND TEAM:

PITCHERS:

Charlie Jones (Jr. -- Kelly)

Broc Haymon (Sr. -- BC)

Cody Mire (Sr. -- PNG)

Branden Powell (Sr. -- PNG)

Eric Sparks (Sr. -- WOS)

CATCHER:

Abe Barrerra (Sr. -- HF)

INFIELD:

1b: John Falgout (Sr. -- WB)

2b: Chris Laird (Sr. -- Ned)

3b: Kris Hearn (Jr. -- PNG)

SS: Derrick Coleman (Sr. -- BC)

INF: Nick Ayers (Sr. -- WOS); Kevin Roebuck (Soph. -- HJ)

OUTFIELD:

Rocky Calhoun (Jr. -- Silsbee)

Matt Calvert (Sr. -- WB)

Chris Capels (Sr. -- OF)

Cody Sparks (Sr. -- BC)

UTILITY/DH/OTHER:

Kyle Adams (Sr. -- LCM)

Marcus Freeman (Sr. -- PA Mem)

Tommy Roebuck (Sr. -- HJ)

TEN OTHER SOPHS TO WATCH:

VJ Bunner (P -- Vidor)

Anthony Fazio (P -- Kelly)

Josh Gardiner (INF -- Ozen)

Eric Harrington (P -- PNG)

DD Lott (P -- Ozen)

Thad Lycan (INF -- WB)

Kevin McDonald (P -- Silsbee)

Justin Parsons (P -- Jasper)

Joel Schooling (P -- Silsbee)

Todd Wallace (C -- WB)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bulldogsbaseballfan

you don't everything about high school baseball because you left off some kids off from nederland that will sirprise you . you will see,they have 2 soph that will impress you aaron mcfarland and ryan sampere, don't forget about ryan butler and chuck cousins

I think I have mentioned several times on this board that I should have given some more detail to the McFarland kid. The other kids are good players but, honestly, I can't list every kid that plays for every varsity program in SE Texas. With that being said, Nederland does seem to have a wealth of talent coming up in their '08 class while most programs seem to be losing a lot of talent after this and next year. Could be some serious changes to the 'baseball power structure' by then....

Rocky Calhoun, JR. , Silsbee, All District his freshman and sophmore yrs. in center field, 0 errors, .400 batting or better both yrs. - 4 strikeouts total for the season last yr. steals bases at will, but can't make the 1st. team on this list. THATS A LAUGH!!!!! :wink:

I posted this under the Top Ten but will re-post here to answer SHS84:

Calhoun is a very good player and was listed as OF on 2nd team. There are just a lot of good players in SE Texas, incl. other OF. There was a time when Calhoun was probably the best player in his age group (he was a legend in LL circles). I'm not sure that is true anymore but he still is very, very good. He's also hurt right now. Still very good player and probably the most important player to the Tigers offensively.

There was mention made of the CF from Hamshire-Fannett (Joey Johnson) on another thread (Best Players in Area). In my opinion there is no one in the area who can run down balls in the outfield better than he does. For that reason I would probably include him on the all area team. There are some very good outfielders in our area. Johnson from PNG and Calhoun from Silsbee are certainly among those but to my knowledge have not played this year due to injury. Armstrong and Serna from Westbrook, Sparks from BC and Dugas from LCM are very talented. I am sure there are some I have left out because I have not seen everyone. Such as Flores-PNG, etc. If I were to pick the best area outfielders considering arm strength, speed and offense they would be as follows:

Ehlert-LCM

Dishon-BC

Mosely-Ned

Johnson-HF

Guest BobcatBeliever

Cody Caples is also a 3rd Baseman, not an Outfielder......OF's outfielder to watch would be Jeremy Shoemaker and Zach Peevey.

Yeah i definately agree there quie a few decent athletes from Vidor that noone has mentioned. They had like6 make all district last year and i havnt heard one person say anything, but maybe thats a good thing because you better watch out for this time they are talented and sneaky. And yeah about Croak and Bunner?? The best middle infielders in the area no doubt just watch them.

• 3 weeks later...

Both Stringer and Meeks are very good. When you have 2 Sr pitchers like Angelle and Haymon that have already signed Div 1 and you have only 2 games per week for the rest of the regular season it's mop up time for both.

It will be different story once playoff comes, especially in 3 game series. So it's pretty important to give these guys a shot when ever possible because they will be needed down the stretch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder