Who Will Be Cinderellas?

For all of you that can't read in Orange County. Let me come to the defense of Gusher and coach Mike. My son is a junior on the LR team. What all the other teams in the area do not understand is that Alivn Credeur has been the coach for these juniors for four years now, as the kids moved up Alvin moved up with them, this is not a rebuilding year this is a coming out year. Coach Credeur has proven his Offense with PNG and Kelly. I played HS football I understand the game and I have never been around a group of kids who love and respect their coach like this group does. I will not make any predictions, but I will tell you this team for 2006 will be no push over. So this means what? You can not look at Lumbeton as the teams of the past, nor can you say that is the kids first year. Yes I would put the team on the field with any other team in the area, 5A teams included, and oh yes WOS. So on November 10, 2006 the end of the regular season all will know.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you that can't read in Orange County. Let me come to the defense of Gusher and coach Mike. My son is a junior on the LR team. What all the other teams in the area do not understand is that Alivn Credeur has been the coach for these juniors for four years now' date=' as the kids moved up Alvin moved up with them, this is not a rebuilding year this is a coming out year. Coach Credeur has proven his Offense with PNG and Kelly. I played HS football I understand the game and I have never been around a group of kids who love and respect their coach like this group does. I will not make any predictions, but I will tell you this team for 2006 will be no push over. So this means what? You can not look at Lumbeton as the teams of the past, nor can you say that is the kids first year. Yes I would put the team on the field with any other team in the area, 5A teams included, and oh yes WOS. So on November 10, 2006 the end of the regular season all will know.[/quote']

So is it crow pie, gumbo, stewed, etouffe'...............

For all of you that can't read in Orange County. Let me come to the defense of Gusher and coach Mike. My son is a junior on the LR team. What all the other teams in the area do not understand is that Alivn Credeur has been the coach for these juniors for four years now, as the kids moved up Alvin moved up with them, this is not a rebuilding year this is a coming out year. Coach Credeur has proven his Offense with PNG and Kelly. I played HS football I understand the game and I have never been around a group of kids who love and respect their coach like this group does. I will not make any predictions, but I will tell you this team for 2006 will be no push over. So this means what? You can not look at Lumbeton as the teams of the past, nor can you say that is the kids first year. Yes I would put the team on the field with any other team in the area, 5A teams included, and oh yes WOS. So on November 10, 2006 the end of the regular season all will know.

I can read just fine. I'm also able to comprehend well enough to understand that even though Lumberton has a new coach, he's moving up to compete against Neumann, Burnett, Stowers and the rest of 22-4A. Obviously this isn't a rebuilding year. A rebuilding year is a tough year that follows a successful year. No offense, but a losing season in Lumberton is called a "season." I'm glad you're confident about your team. That's a change in Lumberton and, even if the team still loses most of its games, at least the attitude change is for the better. Just give the guy a chance to win and don't expect too much the first year. As far as putting your boys on the field with us and the 5A teams, let's not bite off more than we can chew. You'll have enough trouble with Central, Nederland, PN-G, Ozen and probably have your hands full with Vidor and the bears as well. Besides, we already play LC-M, so we've met our 22-4A pushover quota for the year. ;)

OK, I am very Excited about LR for 2006, second I am a proud Dad. We in Lumberton feel like we are fighting on three fronts, first no respect from all the other teams in the area "and with due cause", second we are fighting with the lack of team support form the Commuity and third the fight within the school commuity. Lumberton is a small 4A team and with no history of winning we are looking forward to the best season every, so you can say as true LR fans we are a little zealous, and defensive :?

It's a shame that you have to fight the latter two battles. The first battle is easily won - or lost. Just win. Until then, you can't expect respect from teams who - no offense - are accustomed to their game against you being an automatic "W." I'm not saying you won't earn the respect, just that you have to do just that. Hiring a new coach - even one that has won at the JV level or at another school - doesn't prove anything. Best of luck to you this year. I hope the kids believe as much as you guys do. If they do, then the coach's job will be much easier. Again - coaching, talent, heart, discipline and luck. You'll need them all to turn a team with a bad history into a perennial contender. Good luck!

OK' date=' I am very Excited about LR for 2006, second I am a proud Dad. We in Lumberton feel like we are fighting on three fronts, first no respect from all the other teams in the area "and with due cause", second we are fighting with the lack of team support form the Commuity and third the fight within the school commuity. Lumberton is a small 4A team and with no history of winning we are looking forward to the best season every, so you can say as true LR fans we are a little zealous, and defensive :?[/quote']

I am happy of the excitement and understand the proud Dad situation. I have no problem with Lumberton. I really do hope yall do well. One thing is that I like the attitude from Lumberton, I havent seen that. Attitude is the first step to success, you have to BELIEVE you can win TO win.

My bone, is that out of nowhere, yall think yall can hang with WOS or 5A schools. I like the determination, but come on. You think that a successful JV team can hang with a 3A semi-finalist and one of the best teams in the state? Or how about a 5A Westbrook? There is no warrant for the statements that are made.

I wouldnt say too much due to the fact that some of the opposing teams read this site. This could cause them to actually PLAY against yall :wink:

Actually, you bring up a good point. Lumberton will NOT win this district. They very well may win a few, but when and if other teams realize they are here to play, they will bring their "A" games. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but in recent years, no one has brought their best during Lumberton week. It's a simple fact. If there is a turnaround, that will change and the challenge will be upped. So even if you start winning and then revert to losing in the same fashion, you might just be getting a better effort from your opponents.

Actually' date=' you bring up a good point. Lumberton will NOT win this district. They very well may win a few, but when and if other teams realize they are here to play, they will bring their "A" games. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but in recent years, no one has brought their best during Lumberton week. It's a simple fact. If there is a turnaround, that will change and the challenge will be upped. So even if you start winning and then revert to losing in the same fashion, you might just be getting a better effort from your opponents.[/quote']

My point exactly :wink:

All I know is Lumberton ain't one of my cinderella teams, unless you count winning more than two games, cinderella. My teams are Kirbyville, they deserve special consideration for "kicking" Barbers Hill from the playoffs last year. Buna, I know they are moving to 2a but they haven't done anything for a long time and I think they will upset Anauac and get the last playoff spot in that district. My last team is LCM. I don't think they make the playoffs but I think they finish fourth in that disrict. They have 9 starters comming back on both sides of the ball, so I think they should be most improved team in that disrict but not make the playoffs.

No offense to anyone, but Central was a team full of talent with bad coaching. I don't think that's the case in Lumberton. I do think there's a chance he can turn this program around, but I also think that if they're expecting more than a .500 season, they are probably going to be disappointed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder