Montagne Center wish list

PNG1992

Guest abovetherim

It really isn't all that bad but Lamar is recruiting kids that are between 16-20 yrs old and to them it is a bid deal. If not, why does UT have a $8-million Prostar Video Board that is 55 feet high by 134 feet wide? Why do other schools have video boardboards? Heck, SFA has a video screen hanging in their basketball facility.

Can Lamar do without it? Sure. Will it add to the atmosphere in the Montagne Center and for recruiting purposes? You bet it will.

The Montagne Center looked so AWEsome from the outside when it was new.

The white is now gray due to neighboring refinery.

It would be nice if they could bleach or clean the exterior of the building when they redo the football stadium.

Talk about a lot of fond memories in that building.

I was channel 4's fan of the year (86/87).

I wore my dad's old Texaco hard hat (painted with red LU lettering), wore a nerf hoop cardboard backboard around my chest, and had a red and white checkerboard flag.  During time outs they let me go up and down the aisles throwing my nerf ball to fans and having them shoot at my nerfhoop basket.  During halftime they let me down on the floor.  Talk about a lot of fun that year.  We used to camp out for tickets to sit right behind the visiting team bench.  We kept it clean, but talk about throwing insults at the opposing team for the whole game.  I believe I gave Karl Malone a complex (which might explain his art at flopping).

From what it sounds like this kind of student involvement is lacking at LU.

I still have the hard hat, might be time this 15+ year graduate goes back and shows the kids how to be a REAL Lamar basketball fan!

Guest coachacola

Why is the Montagne Center white?  To match Cardinal Stadium?  When they renovate Cardinal Stadium they need to put up red bricks to match the rest of campus, then do the same with the Montagne Center!

Here's my top 3:

1. New Scoreboard.   The old one was awesome for its time but the time has come for a new one.

2. New sound system. An upgrade is needed

3. New PA announcer This may cure what flaws I'm thinking exist in the sound system, or vice-versa. Either way I cant hardly understand anything the guy is saying.

Agree witht the first two..........

Bob does a good job and is excited about doing it.  If you had heard the announcer at the 3 Playoff games on Friday night you would be begging for Bob to be there!!!!!!!

cooooommmmeeeee ooonnnnn. youuuu ddiiiidddnn'ttt likeee thaaaat annnouuuunnnccerrrrr frrriiiiddaaaayyy????

::)

I like Bob :)

Bob does a good job he took over out there from me doing PA out there in 1999 when I moved to Austin only to return a short time later, before I started doing the PA at the Montagne in the early to mid 90s it was John Dennis who used to do the morning news on radio with Gary Lee Love.  The equipment does need some work out there.  I made it to one game a couple of weeks ago the SE La. game, half the speakers sound blown and the need to be re-pointed and re-coned after all they are what 20+ years old.  But the system sounded like it had no bass to it.  Bob is a great guy though and very passionate about the sport.  It was a nice game though, but in all likelihood the only one I will make with me doing the Wildcatters PA now at Ford Park for the last 3 seasons. 

DenisGScottt,  I remember your work as the PA and thought you did a great job and wondered why you left.  I too like Bob, though I don 't know him.  In a previous post I said he does a great job with what he has to work with.  With your experience and knowledge you may have some influence on making some improvements on their system.  It could be as simple as a turn of a control knob (no money) or some replacement of equipment.

I agree...NO BASS      Sometimes a high pitch shrill piercing to the ears that upset my grand kids earlier in this season.  They have not been back since.

Maybe a conversation with the right person about your observations would be fruitfull.

I left for family reasons to help my mother take care of my ailing grandmother in Austin, obviously when I came back the spot was filled by Bob.  And I have spoken to some with the athletic dept at LU, it was my understanding that basically they had a speaker box that was sitting on the floor and thats where the sound was coming out of and when I went to the SLU game they were no longer doing that but had sound out of the overhead speakers.  I know there is an audio board in one of the corners about 2/3 of the way up, they need someone whose job it is is to run that and monitor levels and equlaize sounds, I would think they may be able to get someone from the communications department major to do it for a small fee.  I didnt get rich doing those game and dont get paid to do the Catters games but I look at it in the sense of its money I save not buying tickets to go as a fan and I get great seats!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder