*Lamar vs. UTA/80-66 LU WINS/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Guest coachacola

40-28 LU at halftime.  Pretty even scoring for LU:  Nabors with 9, Sanders with 6, Dawkins, Hopkins, Todd, McThay, Brown with 5.  Only Worrell hasn't scored.  Only 2 FTs for LU, but they are 6-17 from 3-pt land. 

Guest coachacola

Anyone heard a attendance figure?  I'm listening by the Lamar 13 point lead minute left and the Montagne sounds loud.

Attendance was 3286 according to the box score.  Disappointing but not terrible.

Anyone heard a attendance figure?  I'm listening by the Lamar 13 point lead minute left and the Montagne sounds loud.

Attendance was 3286 according to the box score.  Disappointing but not terrible.

Well it was valentines, still a loud crowd though considering the occasion.

Guest abovetherim

That weslinder knows his basketball! Agree 100% with this statement. Valentines or not I was a little disappointed in the attendance today. Lamar is 8-1 in conference and they deserve to have the place packed. I'm sure that is one way you can tell Coach Roc he is doing a great job. Go out and support his team!

Well it was valentines, still a loud crowd though considering the occasion.

Well, I took my wife to the game for Valentines, didn't everybody else? ;D

I was dissappointed too with the attendance.

Guest abovetherim

I know this will sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth. But this will tell you how long I've followed Lamar. When Coach Tubbs took over from Coach Martin the crowds weren't always very big. Yeah, if Lamar played SW Louisiana or UH the games would have a lot of fan's but game to game they were not impressive. The attendance really picked up about Coach Tubbs third year. By his forth year at Lamar the Cardinals were packing McDonald Gym for EVERY game. That carried over to the Coach Foster era which started in McDonald Gym, then the Civic Center and finally the Montagne Center. There was a run of 8 or 9 years of great college basketball at Lamar and the fans turned out. But it did not happen over night. Now, Lamar has won 8 games in a row for the first time in over twenty years. I think the fans will start coming out again but like before it will not happen over night (I wish it would). Plus, before they didn't have 7-10 college and pro games on TV nightly to compete with.

So, as I type this message it is as much for me as anyone else who reads this post. It's going to take time to build the attendance up to where we want it to be on a game to game basis.

AggiesAreWe, I'm glad I wasn't the only one taking their spouse to the Montagne Center for a Valentine's date.  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder