**Silsbee vs Bridge City/79-57 SILSBEE WINS**

Guest tigersvoice

did silsbee sit the starters most of the game or what happen.....22 points is not alot to beat BC by

The coach must have let BC shoot the ball.

Several things in the final score equation.  Firstly, Bridge City played GOOD ball and did shoot the ball well.  And hustle - they REALLY hustled the whole game.  That said, Coach Williams did a number of things differently last night.  One:  He started all the Seniors that were being honored on Seniors Night while only two of the Seniors are actually STARTERS. Two:  The real starting line up essentially played the second and third quarters.  Three:  In the fourth quarter it appeared that Coach Williams was taking a look at the probable starting lineup for NEXT year.  It was not the typical Silsbee approach but I think Silsbee was finished making statements by point spreads.  BUT, Bridge City played better ball than their record this year gives them credit for. 

did silsbee sit the starters most of the game or what happen.....22 points is not alot to beat BC by

Several things in the final score equation.  Firstly, Bridge City played GOOD ball and did shoot the ball well.  And hustle - they REALLY hustled the whole game.  That said, Coach Williams did a number of things differently last night.  One:  He started all the Seniors that were being honored on Seniors Night while only two of the Seniors are actually STARTERS. Two:  The real starting line up essentially played the second and third quarters.  Three:  In the fourth quarter it appeared that Coach Williams was taking a look at the probable starting lineup for NEXT year.  It was not the typical Silsbee approach but I think Silsbee was finished making statements by point spreads.  BUT, Bridge City played better ball than their record this year gives them credit for. 

In response to the classless HJ posters on this thread (and I can't wait for an opportunity to rub your noses in your defeat SOON - NO, wait, that would make me LIKE YOU  :o  ) ......

Thanks, Voice, for the comments.  BC is not as bad as their record would indicate, but it takes time to learn the game and learn to play "maturely".  And IF Coach Knight stays around and they leave the JV alone, they WILL be better - SOON!

In response to the classless HJ posters on this thread (and I can't wait for an opportunity to rub your noses in your defeat SOON - NO, wait, that would make me LIKE YOU   :o  ) ......

Thanks, Voice, for the comments.  BC is not as bad as their record would indicate, but it takes time to learn the game and learn to play "maturely".  And IF Coach Knight stays around and they leave the JV alone, they WILL be better - SOON!

someone tell me why there is a moderator waiting for us to lose, arnt you guys supposed to be on everyone side ???

In response to the classless HJ posters on this thread (and I can't wait for an opportunity to rub your noses in your defeat SOON - NO, wait, that would make me LIKE YOU   :o  ) ......

someone tell me why there is a moderator waiting for us to lose, arnt you guys supposed to be on everyone side ???

He has a softball for his avatar that should tell you something!!!!! ;D

Yes I was feeling a little froggy last night!!!!  Got pretty defensive about everyone talking about the hecklers and this and that!!!  Everyone has a bad taste for HJ because they are good and no other reason.  They take it out on the hecklers and the fans that post on here.  Don't be jealous, be proud that a team from this area has had the success that Ozen, Silsbee, EC, Kountze, WOS and HJ have had in recent years.  Don't disrespect them or their fans because they have been successful.  If I upset anyone (mainly BCTreasurer) then I apologize!!!!  I am a grown man that is 34 years old and I was acting like a juvenile high schooler last night!!!  It is all in good fun and that is what it should be!!!!  FYI, the BC sup (I mean he is a HJ grad) is a very good friend of mine, so I mean nothing bad towards the BC schools!!!

Bridge City's team, next year I think will be btter than this year's but I can'te ven predict what the Starting Lineup willl be, no on will be guarantted anything, especially with Rhodes, Eldridge, Heinze, and they have some really good Juniors that ended the season on JV and if Breaux and Hubabrd come back then thiers no telling how the lineup could shape up next year, it's anyone's spot if they wan't it bad enough!

Great effort against a great team and we are very proud of our boys.  As for next year the only returning starter is Tyler Hyde who probably will be starting at the 2 spot and grew into a pretty good player this year with his defense and three ball.  Do not forget the very solid JV squad who has some size and talent and at least one who will be a soph who has some things to offer.  I think the line up at this point will be a stunner to some folks but I think it will be a very competetive one (some of the names mentioned above either won't play and only one or two may start.  I am predicting a playoff run next year without hesitation with the direction we are going.  Go Big Red!!!!

Great effort against a great team and we are very proud of our boys.  As for next year the only returning starter is Tyler Hyde who probably will be starting at the 2 spot and grew into a pretty good player this year with his defense and three ball.  Do not forget the very solid JV squad who has some size and talent and at least one who will be a soph who has some things to offer.  I think the line up at this point will be a stunner to some folks but I think it will be a very competetive one (some of the names mentioned above either won't play and only one or two may start.  I am predicting a playoff run next year without hesitation with the direction we are going.  Go Big Red!!!!

So you have one starter and a bunch of question marks and you predict a playoff run??????  And how do you know who will play and who won't and who will start and who won't......................geez!  Sounds like the team has been picked for next year so the one's that sat the bench might as well quit as you seem to think a whole new lineup is coming a year from now.  And yeah they are several that won't play after this year I figure................but why bother, got freshmen coming up to steal the show, lol.

So you have one starter and a bunch of question marks and you predict a playoff run??????  And how do you know who will play and who won't and who will start and who won't......................geez!  Sounds like the team has been picked for next year so the one's that sat the bench might as well quit as you seem to think a whole new lineup is coming a year from now.  And yeah they are several that won't play after this year I figure................but why bother, got freshmen coming up to steal the show, lol.

Be a part of the program and get to know the leader of the program and you to will have the power of knowledge.  Don't bang on my opinion when you really do not know the program and please don't use the phrase ...........geez because it sounds so Beaver Cleaver!!!!!!  Remember my prediction and say to yourself that person really did know what time it was.  Now that this thread has taken a turn to a new subject you can start a new thread called "I'm from Bridge City and I want someone to write something so I can ridicule them". Write me in '09 and see how close I was!

Be a part of the program and get to know the leader of the program and you to will have the power of knowledge.  Don't bang on my opinion when you really do not know the program and please don't use the phrase ...........geez because it sounds so Beaver Cleaver!!!!!!  Remember my prediction and say to yourself that person really did know what time it was.  Now that this thread has taken a turn to a new subject you can start a new thread called "I'm from Bridge City and I want someone to write something so I can ridicule them". Write me in '09 and see how close I was!

And I can use any phrase I want, regardless of how you feel it sounds.  And I am very glad you have all the inside information because you "know the leader" of the program and know who will start and who won't and who will quit and who won't.  And I find it very interesting that the coach would be so free to pass that information on to anyone, but you seem to have the inside track, don't you?  And to think that you have all this for next year and the season just ended.  I am impressed!  Maybe you can sit on the bench with "the leader of the program" and coach with him, you seem so involved in BC's program.  I guess we can't all be so privilaged as to the information you have though, so we will see what happens in 09.  I for the boy's sake, hope they do well, but just don't see it.  They lost some very agressive players in the seniors that won't be here, and agressive defense is what wins ballgames, plus rebounding, which we were not very good at.  The seniors will be sorely missed, they were the heart of this year, no doubt. GEEZ..........................that one's for you! 

No doubt they'll be missed, but even with those 4 Seniors starting we still lost alot of games by 30+ against good teams with alot of juniors starting, if Bridge City's serious about making the playoffs next year they wont drag thier heads about this one because it wasn't that great of a year anyways, I wont mention names anymore but they have the kids to improve and maybe get the third spot next year in that new district

No doubt they'll be missed, but even with those 4 Seniors starting we still lost alot of games by 30+ against good teams with alot of juniors starting, if Bridge City's serious about making the playoffs next year they wont drag thier heads about this one because it wasn't that great of a year anyways, I wont mention names anymore but they have the kids to improve and maybe get the third spot next year in that new district

Well put and finally a classy post....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder