Orangefield and Gulf Coast to host little dribbler regional tournaments

bobcatfan

It looks like Orangefield and Gulf Coast got the bid to host tournaments this year.  In one region is Orangefield, Bridge City, Buna, Twin County, and Kountze.  The other region is Gulf Coast, Hamshire Fannett, Cleveland, and Van Vleck.  It says on the website Bridge City isnt carrying a 13-14 yr old team this year, i find that kind of weird.

This is the hidden content, please

I think Orangefield may be hosting a pretournament also, so check with them if you want to play in a tournament.

13 kids? Thats not very many but you only need 10-12 kids to make an all star team.  I cant believe a school of that size can only have 13 kids sign up for little dribblers.  Orangefield has 200 less kids at the high school level and had around 25-27 kids sign up for little dribblers at the 13-14 yr old level.  Hardin Jefferson and East Chambers have proved that a good little dribblers programs can be great building blocks for success at the jr high and high school level.    As long as i've kept up with Bridge City, they've always been a baseball-football school.  As long as they have small turnouts like this for little dribblers, it will be hard to get a program going for their school.  I'm sure this has to be frustrating if you are the basketball coach there....

On the little dribblers site, it says the tournament is march 13-15. On the little dribblers calendar in parenthesis, it says march 13-15 is the "alternate date" and march 20-22 is the "preferred date".  Well march 13-15 is the weekend of spring break in Orangefield and i believe i heard it is the spring break of some other area schools.  If little dribblers went with the "preferred date" it would be a different weekend.  I wonder why little dribblers chose the "alternate date" ahead of the "preferred date" to have the regional tournament.  I know someone is calling to get an explanation on this, does anyone on here know why they did that?  Maybe i'll hear something and will be able to tell yall why...

Hey whocares4u, did you ever get in touch with Orangefield? PM me if you still need to get in touch with someone from OF.  I heard from the coach though that he talked to nederland and they're supposed to scrimmage some time soon. 

On the little dribblers site, it says the tournament is march 13-15. On the little dribblers calendar in parenthesis, it says march 13-15 is the "alternate date" and march 20-22 is the "preferred date".  Well march 13-15 is the weekend of spring break in Orangefield and i believe i heard it is the spring break of some other area schools.  If little dribblers went with the "preferred date" it would be a different weekend.  I wonder why little dribblers chose the "alternate date" ahead of the "preferred date" to have the regional tournament.  I know someone is calling to get an explanation on this, does anyone on here know why they did that?  Maybe i'll hear something and will be able to tell yall why...

Hey whocares4u, did you ever get in touch with Orangefield? PM me if you still need to get in touch with someone from OF.  I heard from the coach though that he talked to nederland and they're supposed to scrimmage some time soon. 

My guess is because the 20-22 is Easter Weekend

beeninnikes, please have the OF coaches contact Brian English for any scrimmages for 10,12,14U.  He can be reached at his cell 718-1667.    I think Nederland is going to the Kountz tournament March 6-8.  If any teams would like to scrimmage please call coach E.  We were hoping someone may do something the weekend of 29/1.  Our season does not end until March 1, but we may be able to work around our games and host something then if possible.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder