***Texas vs. Texas A&M Updates***A&M Wins

this game was miserable to watch.  on a positive note, there's no doubt in my mind that Texas can beat aTm.  Here's why:

a) the next time they play, aTm will not start out 6 of 7 from behind the arc.  

B) texas got awful performances from their top 3 players tonight, and still kept things semi-interesting for most of the game.

c) as badly as they played, and even though they were in a 21 point hole after 10 minutes or so, texas won the last 30 minutes of the game by 4 points, and this while both teams were playing with starters until about 2 minutes left.  this margin would've been even greater had texas not been chunking up desperate 3's the last minutes of the game, and had their freshmen not been committing stupid fouls to extend the game, giving aTm a ton of freethrows in the dying minutes.  realistically, this final could've been closer to a 10 point win for the ags.

d) augustin's shot selection was terrible.  the entire game he was forcing up bad shots.  this really hurt the longhorns.  it won't happen again.

e) james was pretty much a non-factor.  this also won't happen again.  

f) texas gave away at least 6 points due to technical fouls (counting aTm's subsequent possessions).  it is doubtful that this will happen again.  

g) the next game is in austin!

h) texas was 11-21 on freethrows.  they will do better next game.  on the flipside, aTm, who is a dismal freethrow shooting team, shot almost 70% from the line, which is for them, pretty good.  hopefully in a hostile environment they will do worse next game.

Note that none of the above are excuses.  aTm badly outplayed Texas the first ten minutes of the game, and then managed to play well enough to keep texas from getting back in it the rest of the way.  the aggies played excellent defense, and texas had no answer for their post play.  aTm more than deserved this win, and i give the credit where it's due.  if texas had gotten a normal performance from james or augustin, i think this would've been a reasonably close game.  some of their struggles were caused by aTm's defense, but augustin in particular just flat out played bad.  i'm confident that when the rematch rolls around, Texas will be more than ready, and it will be a much more competitive game, with Texas having a very realistic shot at winning it.  Congrats to the aggies for ruining my night...

I agree with you, Bullet. I may have been unavoidably distracted during the game, but the times I got to look up and see what was going it was obvious that Texas was just off rhythm.  You have those nights.  On the the flip side (and positive for me, an aggie alumni) aTm played well, and I think would have won even had Texas played better.  But it will be a much closer game next time, though as I predicted this time, I think the ags will come out on top, just might be closer than over 10 points next time.

this game was miserable to watch.  on a positive note, there's no doubt in my mind that Texas can beat aTm.  Here's why:

a) the next time they play, aTm will not start out 6 of 7 from behind the arc.  

B) texas got awful performances from their top 3 players tonight, and still kept things semi-interesting for most of the game.

c) as badly as they played, and even though they were in a 21 point hole after 10 minutes or so, texas won the last 30 minutes of the game by 4 points, and this while both teams were playing with starters until about 2 minutes left.  this margin would've been even greater had texas not been chunking up desperate 3's the last minutes of the game, and had their freshmen not been committing stupid fouls to extend the game, giving aTm a ton of freethrows in the dying minutes.  realistically, this final could've been closer to a 10 point win for the ags.

d) augustin's shot selection was terrible.  the entire game he was forcing up bad shots.  this really hurt the longhorns.  it won't happen again.

e) james was pretty much a non-factor.  this also won't happen again.  

f) texas gave away at least 6 points due to technical fouls (counting aTm's subsequent possessions).  it is doubtful that this will happen again.  

g) the next game is in austin!

h) texas was 11-21 on freethrows.  they will do better next game.  on the flipside, aTm, who is a dismal freethrow shooting team, shot almost 70% from the line, which is for them, pretty good.  hopefully in a hostile environment they will do worse next game.

Note that none of the above are excuses.  aTm badly outplayed Texas the first ten minutes of the game, and then managed to play well enough to keep texas from getting back in it the rest of the way.  the aggies played excellent defense, and texas had no answer for their post play.  aTm more than deserved this win, and i give the credit where it's due.  if texas had gotten a normal performance from james or augustin, i think this would've been a reasonably close game.  some of their struggles were caused by aTm's defense, but augustin in particular just flat out played bad.  i'm confident that when the rematch rolls around, Texas will be more than ready, and it will be a much more competitive game, with Texas having a very realistic shot at winning it.  Congrats to the aggies for ruining my night...

This is all very good stuff, put a lot of thought into this I see. I'll just say this:

There's no doubt in my mind that t.u. can lose to A&M.

Reasons: they just did by 17. Whooooooop!!  ;D

Texas looked Horrible last night and aTm took advantage of it. aTm just out played Texas. Plain and simple. No excuses and no reason for it. Texas has got to rebound and get it together and aTm just needs to keep the head of steam up. Texas and aTm need to take it to the rest of the Big 12. Hook'em Horns!

Horns were crushed and some Horn fans have a hard time with reality and defeat. Gig'em they looked pretty good last night and if Jordan can continue to improve may indeed make a run.

Horns were crushed and some Horn fans have a hard time with reality and defeat. Gig'em they looked pretty good last night and if Jordan can continue to improve may indeed make a run.

is that directed at me?

was what directed at you? The loss? heck if i know.

no, the comment about some Horn fans having a hard time with reality and defeat...

bullet i really do not feel like a volley but are you a horn? if your are your team was smoked last night and I was there and luved it.  ;D

no, the comment about some Horn fans having a hard time with reality and defeat...

bullet i really do not feel like a volley but are you a horn? if your are your team was smoked last night and I was there and luved it.  ;D

i am a horn fan, but i don't have any problem admitting that we got it handed to us... i thought your made that comment in reference to my earlier, optimistic post that i felt the horns are good enough to compete with the ags the next time they play.  you won't get any argument from me about who the better team was last night. 

Most people know how A&M can play, but it will be interesting to see when we roll down to Austin. The other night the aggs were playin lights out, they knew they needed this game bad. I really wasn't expecting Josh to come out firing like he did, but it was good to see. Hopefully the momentum will get rolling and kst can lose some and Okla....Texas..and kansas...haha. So when Kansas comes to town we can be playing for the #1 spot in the conference and we can win.....haha. But no it was a good game and i hope we've made augustin and abrams mad(and the rest of the team) for when yall play Baylor on Sat. Yall need to beat'em up some. Best of luck though, until rd 2 rolls around on the 18th. Gig'em

• 3 weeks later...

this game was miserable to watch.  on a positive note, there's no doubt in my mind that Texas can beat aTm.  Here's why:

a) the next time they play, aTm will not start out 6 of 7 from behind the arc.  1-13 for the game

B) texas got awful performances from their top 3 players tonight, and still kept things semi-interesting for most of the game. 27 points, 9 assists for Augustin/15 points, 9 rebounds for James/9 points for Abrams

d) augustin's shot selection was terrible.  the entire game he was forcing up bad shots.  this really hurt the longhorns.  it won't happen again. 9-14 from the floor

e) james was pretty much a non-factor.  this also won't happen again.  a rebound away from a double/double

f) texas gave away at least 6 points due to technical fouls (counting aTm's subsequent possessions).  it is doubtful that this will happen again.  no techs

g) the next game is in austin! obviously helped

h) texas was 11-21 on freethrows.  they will do better next game.  on the flipside, aTm, who is a dismal freethrow shooting team, shot almost 70% from the line, which is for them, pretty good.  hopefully in a hostile environment they will do worse next game. Texas was 12-14, A&M was 11-23.

what a thumping!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• 24-1A W24 Brookeland Brookeland advances due to BYE   W23 Martinsville VS R24 Chester  1 Game: Friday, May 3 at 4PM at Chester  
    • 25-2A W25 Evadale VS F26 Somerville  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5pm at West Fork Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 1pm at West Fork Game 3: If needed follows   R25 Big Sandy VS T26 Iola  Game 1: Friday May 3 at 5pm at New Waverly HS Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Saturday May 4 at 2:00pm at New Waverly HS   R26 Burton VS T25 Sabine Pass  Game 1: Friday May 3 at 4:30pm at Splendora Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Saturday May 4 at 1:00pm at Splendora   W26 Mumford VS F25 West Hardin  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5:30pm at CE King Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Friday May 3 at 6:30 at CE King  
    • If the voting public is so flaky that 3/4 will turn against her because of this news, why didn't they also turn on Obama when it was discovered that he actually ate dog? Maybe because the media didn't play up his transgressions? And if that is the case, how much power does the media have? They can sink a career for killing a dog, but dismiss and bury a story of eating a dog? How influential would the media be if someone other that Trump won the nomination. Let's say DeSantis was the Republican frontrunner...how easy would it be for the media to bury his candidacy...instead of him having that perceived cakewalk to president? I'm just thinking out loud.
    • 24-2A W24 West Sabine VS F23 Gary Game 1: Friday May 3 at 6pm at Gary Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 1pm at West Sabine Game 3: If needed follows   R24 Chireno VS T23 Joaquin Game 1: Friday May 3 at 6pm at Shelbyville Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 10am at Shelbyville Game 3: If needed follows   R23 Garrison  VS T24 Colemesneil  1 Game: Thursday May 2 at 6pm at Shelbyville   W23 Shelbyville VS F24 Broaddus  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5pm at Woden Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed Saturday May 4 at 1pm  
    • 21-3A/22-3A W21 Diboll  Vs. F22 Anahuac  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Jasper, 4:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Jasper, 4:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 1:00 (if necessary)    R21 Central Heights Vs. T22 Buna  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Jasper, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Jasper, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 4:00 (if necessary)    R22 Kountze  Vs. T21 Huntington  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Kountze, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Huntington, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 7:00 (if necessary)    W22 Orangefield Vs. F21 Woodville  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Lamar University, 4:30 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Cleveland, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Cleveland, 2:00 (if necessary)   
  • Topics