*Ozen vs. Nederland Updates/Listen To Broadcast Here/70-60 OZEN WINS/COMMENTS

Well, just another great game that I was fortunate enough to broadcast for our game of the week. I am living the dream!! ;D

This game was won in the 2nd qtr. Ozen scoring 32, which is almost half the points they scored for the entire game, was the difference. Got to hand it to Nederland though, they made quite a comeback after being down by 15 at half, actually cut it to 1 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd. The Bulldogs played tough through the 4th but just couldn't get over the hump. They cut it to 4 with a minute left but got no closer as the Panthers made the clutch freethrows down the stretch. Both teams made the game a three fest as each team made more than their share of three's. In the end, it was Ozen's ability to pull Nederland out of that zone and create some penetration opportunities that got them some high percentage shots. Kudos to Coach Boutte and Coach English and all the players for a well played game by both teams.

One side note, Willie Jefferson did not get his first points until there were 6 minutes left in the game. I have to wonder if he has been held scoreless for that long in any of their previous games.

Again, thanks to NISD for allowing me to broadcast the game. I hope to be back again.

Nothing shaky about Central's win Soulja.   They basically got lucky to get out of Vidor with the win.  Central was down most of the game, including the last 1:10. 

That's a shakey win.  Vidor was lighting that 3 point line up.  We was getting out-hustled for the majority of the game.  but you have to play all 32 mins.  That's what Central did and pulled the win off.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317

• He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 
    • If Crumedy eventually has bigger aspirations than being in Jasper, every aspect of the program will be looked at when someone interviews him for any job. He knows that. The mindset needs to be that any time someone wears a Jasper uniform, that they're doing everything they possibly can to win. It matters.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up It's a poll but I could definitely see this as realistic.   From the article: Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. Pew Research released on Apr. 30 a report exploring support for presidential candidates sorted by religious affiliation. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. The 12% margin of support in favor of Trump marks a significant shift from 2020, when he held an extremely narrow lead — 50% to 49%. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic. In 2020, a similar poll from Pew Research found Hispanic Catholics preferred Biden to Trump with a staggering 67%-26% split.
    • You said a lot there. Truthfully, that is the root of the issue. Who cares what a kid thinks about how coaches are running a program? Kids play, coaches coach. For some reason, parents have this backward in a lot of places and its wreaking havoc. 
    • He's already stated he's a huge Clinton fan.
  • Topics