Caleb Jackson    14pts, 3 steals, 7 assists, 7 rebounds

Colby Caswell      10pts, 2 blocks, 4 steals, 7 assists, 1 rebound

Dalton Estes        6pts, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 8 rebounds

Matt Manning        5pts, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 1 assist, 8 rebounds

Howard Stansbury  1pt, 1 assist

Ronnie Anglin        2 blocks, 2 steals, 4 assists, 2 rebounds

Seth Williams        1 steal, 3 rebounds

Difference in the game Deweyville called for 29 fouls, East Chambers 10 fouls

East Chambers 40 free throw attempts, Deweyville 11 free throw attempts. No intentional fouls at the end to win. Four of Deweyville starters fouled out in this one game.  Prior to this in 23 games only 3 total Deweyville Varsity players have fouled out of a game. 

By far the worse officiated game I have ever seen. Most bad games are just some missed/bad calls, but about mid way through this game you just got the feeling that this was not just some bad judgement calls, but some very ONE SIDED calls, or non calls.You had to be there to see just how bad it was.

But still an exciting game,as all have been, great hustle tonight by both teams.

East Chambers was bigger and better than I expected, I hope they just had a bad night earlier this week agaist Hardin!

Deweyville 50 East Chambers 66

Score By Quarter

DV  15  23  41  50

AN   9  32  43   66

Deweyville Stats

Kevin Bland         14pts, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 1 assist, 12 rebounds

Caleb Jackson     14pts, 3 steals, 7 assists, 7 rebounds

Colby Caswell      10pts, 2 blocks, 4 steals, 7 assists, 1 rebound

Dalton Estes         6pts, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 8 rebounds

Matt Manning        5pts, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 1 assist, 8 rebounds

Howard Stansbury  1pt, 1 assist

Ronnie Anglin         2 blocks, 2 steals, 4 assists, 2 rebounds

Seth Williams         1 steal, 3 rebounds

Difference in the game Deweyville called for 29 fouls, East Chambers 10 fouls

East Chambers 40 free throw attempts, Deweyville 11 free throw attempts. No intentional fouls at the end to win. Four of Deweyville starters fouled out in this one game.  Prior to this in 23 games only 3 total Deweyville Varsity players have fouled out of a game. 

I have alot of respect for EC and their program, very good, well Coached Basketball Team from EC that I seen tonight, congrats on the win, and good luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs.  To touch on a point made in the previous post about the officiating.......... In S.E. Texas you get what show's up and normally when it's bad officiating, it's bad for both Teams, and by the end of the game it's pretty close overall for both teams in fouls, that was not the case last night.  29 - 10 is a head scratcher, and with approx. 2:45 left in the 4th qtr it was 10 - 1 fouls against Deweyville Vs. EC.  These kids, Coaches and Fans deserve better, when the officials inject themselves into the game and affect it's outcome with their calling instead of letting the Teams play and decide the outcome then they have done a dis-service to the game.  4 out of 5 starters foul out for one team when the other team has no one foul out.........These two teams for 3 plus quarters put on a display that's hard to equal in high school basketball, great atmosphere with both stands packed, great display of team work from both teams, it's a shame the officiating was as bad as it was, BOTH teams deserved better.

By far the worst officials I have seen in the league EVER!  Two of them weren't man enough to call ANYTHING, and I'm pretty sure when the other one was running by I could see the glimmer of an EC jersey underneath his shirt.  That was pathetic,  those are perfect examples of scratch list qualified.  Hats off to Deweyville,  keeping the score close,  hard to do when you play 8 people the ENTIRE game.  If your going to throw a game at least don't make it as obvious.  Pathetic.  I'm not saying Deweyville would of won if they had a different reffing crew .. o wait yeah I am thats how bad it was  (i know your never supposed to blame a loss on the refs but that was sorry).  BOTH teams deserved better, and the fans who paid to watch that fiasco deserved better.  Oh, and the best part was when they finally called a foul for Deweyville towards the end,  get this is was a DOUBLE foul, LOL amazing.  Now, EC did play VERY good the entire game,  well coached, smart players, all-around solid team, hats off to them on the win,  this post isn't meant to take anything away from them,  just to point out the embarrassing crew that was sent out to "ref" this game. 

I will continue to say this for all the fans that keep complaining.  IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE WAY THE GAME IS OFFICIATED, GET OFF YOUR BUTT, GRAB A WHISTLE, AND TAKE THE FAN ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   IT IS THAT EASY!

Its funny how I never heard a current or fomer official complain about the officiating, because they know how tough it is.  And also, only the losing team complains, never the winning!!!!!

of those 40 free throws whatd e.c. make? bout 10 maybe. not to say it didnt effect the game point is e.c. is probably the worst free throw shooting team i've ever watched. In fact there is very little jump shot ability on the team. Seth Duhon shot one of the few threes put up by e.c. and coach Hargraves jumped all over him even though he was completely open. E.C. cant make it to far with 100 percent of their shots being made from in the paint.

that being said great game bucs. Props to Adam Davis kids still a freshman folks makin big plays for varsity.

I will continue to say this for all the fans that keep complaining.  IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE WAY THE GAME IS OFFICIATED, GET OFF YOUR BUTT, GRAB A WHISTLE, AND TAKE THE FAN ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   IT IS THAT EASY!

Its funny how I never heard a current or former official complain about the officiating, because they know how tough it is.  And also, only the losing team complains, never the winning!!!!!

Obviously if you were a former official and you seen this group of officials do their work then you to would have been embarrassed, witness the action before blindly defending the actions.

Its funny how I never heard a current or fomer official complain about the officiating, because they know how tough it is.  And also, only the losing team complains, never the winning!!!!!

I am a former official and I  am disgusted at the state of officiating.  I know there is a shortage, but putting untrained, inexperienced, and rookied officials on the court is not the answer.  In my opinion the game is being ruined.  As I have previously stated, the players, the coaches and the fans are frustrated and it is going to get much worse unless the local chapters and or the UIL get involved.

I think we need to require coaching students to officate.  We need to split the experienced teams up, placing an experienced ref with a rookie, especially with 3 man crews.  And we probably need to cut the number of games per night until a larger number of refs are available.  There is no real good answer but as it stands now, It's just plain not working.  I've only seen two games this year that had a good pair of refs(and we did lose one of these games). I quit calling when my sons started playing High School ball and will most likely return soon since by baby is a senior.

warfan...where were those 2 games you saw that the officiating was good?  I haven't seen too many well officiated games either...it seems to be getting worse every year or is that my imagination? 

Was the game at EC or DVille?  I posted in another older thread that I am not ever surprised to hear about lousy officiating at EC.  You would think with the athletes/teams they consistently put out wouldn't need the extra help.  Gosh, they went really deep in last year's playoffs and I bet the officials were really good in the state tournament.  I guess the main idea of this statement is they are good already and if the officials are EC homers then they are just rubbing it in the opposing team's faces when they call biasedly for EC.

part of the reason deweyville had so many fouls is they didnt know how 2 defend a fast break which e.c. had many of this doesnt explain 40 fouls but it should b considered

ridiculous statement. The game was in EC, however, I do not want to take anything away from EC's victory, they won, congrats, but the officiating was horriable.  WarFan hit it on the head, in his prior post, it's to the point of ruining the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder