Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

Salary and facilities--I really would like to see our neighbors to the east step up and upgrade the Athletic Dept---top to bottom

I agree. But, until we start getting more participation in athletics, I dont think anything will change.

I think we should just cut the football program, invest the old football budget into gold bonds. Then we could wait until the Euro surpases the dollar by another $1.50. Then we can all have new chemistry books and maybe even soap in the boys bathrooms.

Maybe the schoolboard could just get this over with that way they could worry about all the other problems L.I.S.D. has....because I can promise you that FOOTBALL COACH shouldnt be at the top of their agenda..

yeah I agree with PantherPlaya09

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salary and facilities--I really would like to see our neighbors to the east step up and upgrade the Athletic Dept---top to bottom

I agree. But, until we start getting more participation in athletics, I dont think anything will change.

I think we should just cut the football program, invest the old football budget into gold bonds. Then we could wait until the Euro surpases the dollar by another $1.50. Then we can all have new chemistry books and maybe even soap in the boys bathrooms.

Maybe the schoolboard could just get this over with that way they could worry about all the other problems L.I.S.D. has....because I can promise you that FOOTBALL COACH shouldnt be at the top of their agenda..

yeah I agree with PantherPlaya09

I do not know anything about the rest of their staff---Admin, Prin, Teachers, etc or the condition of the schools----but I would assume that if Athletic Dept-from AD on down to the track is in such dissarray then the district needs some serious help

well compared to other schools ive been to and the facilities ive seen, I would say that Liberty's athletics department is in desprite need of some finacial asistance.

But, I think that more attention should be paid to the actual "school" part of LHS. If the kids dont pass then they cant play. Maybe Libert's sup. should pay some attention the the dropout rate or the TAKS scores and spend less time finding Mr. Right when it comes to Liberty's football coach. Its important, agreed. But for heavens sake, just pick somebody already.....

If they give that job to Sadler, then this school board is stupid.  Nothing against Sadler, but to go through all this BS and then hire someone from inside.  You talk about wasting a lot of peoples time.  I can see it happening.  Who pulled their name out?

Well this is a sports forum and im not a dictionary...so ya....anyways

Shane Deel

Defensive cordinator at Bryan HS and also an assistant girls soccer coach...

just a little fyi...Bryan HS held Pflugerville to 23 points last season....more fyi..Pflugerville won state.

Go Vikings....I mean Panthers.. ;D

If Shane Deel does have football and girls soccer under his belt, i guess Liberty got what they wanted... a coach that knows more than just football. Like Liberty would come up with money for another girls sport, lol. The girls will always be second (or 3rd or even forth) to the football players. I wish him the very best of luck! Irregardless of all the negative that any of us have spoken, we as a community need to support the new AD. Let us give him a fair chance! Let's be positive! As well, we need to support all the kids in all sports! That is after we support the kids academically!

Bottom line is being a hometown guy doesn't mean sh_t in Liberty, especially if you are a minority, and even with impeccable credentials.  What a bunch of cowards on the school board!

Why Liberty wouldn't want an enthusiastic AD who is committed to bringing Liberty back from the dead and is someone the students are clamoring to play for is not logical.

Lamar and I are 100% in agreement.  Lamar might not want to name names, but I will.

Donald Douglas should have got this job hands down, no questions asked, case closed.  The perfect hire fell right into their laps and the school board was to chicken      to pull the trigger.  On top of that, they got a second chance to get it right after the first guy turned it down and they still      it up.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Donald Douglas should be pissed off.  How do you think Chad Taylor felt?  He is 36 years old and had been coaching for 12 years.  He coached on a 14-1 football team, coached on a state championship baseball team, state qualifiers in track and powerlifting, just to name a few.  Douglas and Taylor should be very pissed off that they didn't get that opportunity to come back and coach their beloved Panthers.  At least Douglas got a call back.  Who the hell is Shane Deel and what does he know about Liberty Panther football?  What a joke!  By the way, Pflugerville got their butt kicked against Katy.

After reading some of this it is no wonder the board had trouble finding someone---with supporters like this.........

even if it is not your guy that got the job--for crying out loud give the man a chance

I wish him all the luck in the world.  Voters just need to remember that this was the school board's doing 100%.  Give the new coach at least three years to see if it is a good hire.  If it works out, praise the Board, if it doesn't then vote them out.

I wish him all the luck in the world.  Voters just need to remember that this was the school board's doing 100%.  Give the new coach at least three years to see if it is a good hire.  If it works out, praise the Board, if it doesn't then vote them out.

From the way they handled this they need go anyway with the Supid leading the way.

I will state again that I do not have a dog in this fight other than I am a long time supporter of Liberty Athletics and will continue to do so regardless of who is the AD.  But it is oblivious from the last several posts that unless “your guy†got the nod that the School Board made a major stupid mistake.  That is a very short sighted way to look at anything – have any of you looked at or know the qualifications of the new AD before we start saying that they hired badly or should your boy be hired simply because he is a home town boy.  I for one hoped that they hired the most qualified applicant regardless of if was homegrown or not.

I have the utmost respect for the information that I have heard on both Chad Taylor and Donald Douglass and they appear to be good qualified coaches.  But nobody seems to have researched the qualifications of this Mr. Shane Deel BEFORE we start blasting him as being a poor coach and selection by the school.

He has been the DC for Magnolia and Bryan (5A) for the last 7 years and followed the head coach – Bob Bellard (son of Aggie coach Emory Bellard) – from Magnolia to Bryan.  Coach Bellard is also from what I can determine one of the Winningest coaches in the area for the last several years.  So obviously his head coach thought highly enough of him to bring him along when he transferred.  From all indications they had a winning tradition at Magnolia and brought the same to Bryan. 

I get the impression that some people that post here felt that Donald Douglas was entitled to this job simply because he wanted it and was a homegrown product.  He from all accounts is a qualified coach but several of the applicants were good qualified coaches.  It may prove out that Liberty ISD made a major mistake in not hiring Mr. Douglas but to throw Mr. Deel under the bus before you know what his qualifications are and to allow him NO CHANCE to prove himself if just not right.

And Liberty wonders why our Athletic Program seems to always suffer – Its because everybody wants “their guy†to lead and won’t support anybody else.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics