Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

Found this on KSHN website:

Tuesday Feb. 12, 2008

LHS AD and Coach: Eight candidates names remain in the hat to be the next Liberty High School Athletic Director and Head Football Coach. LISD Trustees narrowed the field from 58 last week in closed-door session. Trustees will interview these 8 prospects this week. Those interviews began Monday. If LISD trustees decide one of these 8 is the right person for the job, a decision could be made within the next week.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could understand if it was Southlake Carroll their keeping secret why Liberty? Not knocking Liberty but why the big deal to keep it quite?

its Liberty, i have lived there for years, they dont want everyone to know who gets interviewed and such probably because they will pick some good ole boy from Liberty to coach the team (not saying that this wouldnt be the best canidiate but in Liberty using that mentality is normal so whether you are the most qualified canidate or least qualified, if you are from Liberty you got the inside track)...if the town actually finds out we could have something different then the people might lose their spot on the school board if the coach flopped...

Who is the home town boy that is the DC from Jacksonville?  Did he interview yet?  Sahen, could be right because I have never sign a interview process go this long without some names popping up.  Is Nations from Dayton really interested in this job, they should be even better next year.  Somebody out there knows something, spit it out!

Who is the home town boy that is the DC from Jacksonville?  Did he interview yet?  Sahen, could be right because I have never sign a interview process go this long without some names popping up.  Is Nations from Dayton really interested in this job, they should be even better next year.  Somebody out there knows something, spit it out!

i am just saying the way things normally go in Liberty, i would be shocked if this went differently...its not always bad but we had a hometown boy as the last coach, i would think they would want to go a different way but i have no idea waht the guy from jacksonville has as his credentials, if he is the best candidate then hire him!

Good for the board for keeping under the radar and I am sure that some of the candiates may have wanted it that way. Why should it turn into a circus event like what Coach Price went through for the Lake Travis Job. Good for message boars but bad P.R for some of the Coaches.

From what I heard, Douglas is only the QB coach.  Has Douglas ever been a coordinator?  I don't know what kind of coach he is, but he was one of the best athletes I have ever seen.  As for the other hometown boy, I know he is currently the defensive coordinator at Jacksonville.  I also think was an offensive coordinator earlier in his career.  All I know is Liberty is dragging there feet on this one.

According to a KSHN news report that I heard this morning.

The board will continue to deliberate over the remaining candiadates next week. They may call some of the candidates back for second interviews. Apparently they just can't decide who they want. The news report also stated they probably will not release the final candidates only the one who is selected for the job. 

??? ??? ???

Leave it to Liberty to screw this up.  They received over 70 applicants, narrowed it down to 8 and brought those individuals in for an interview.  You mean to tell me you can't decide on one of those 8.  Surely at least one stood out.  I have never seen a process take this long.  I know if I was one of those 8, I might start thinking this is not actually a good situation.  Does anybody have any names other than supposedly Douglas from Westbrook, Taylor from Jacksonville and Nations from Dayton.

Sahen might have something there.... cause i do know one other person and it is Sattler that is coaching in Liberty now. So that makes it two hometown guys, one from Dayton and a present coach. Douglas was a great player when he was in school but what experience does he really have in coaching? A little while at Ozan and he left. Sattler's first job was Liberty. He has coached football and baseball (boys only) in Liberty for 4 years.  Taylor has coached at least 10 years. He has coached football, for the guys. He has coached powerlifting for both guys and girls. He has coached girls softball. Maybe even track, I'm not sure. As for the Dayton guy I have no clue. Let's look at what is needed for the whole district.  Back from a previous comment it was stated that.....

" Liberty needs someone with experience in all sports both men and women."

"I am a Liberty supporter and am glad that it appears some strong candidates have surfaced for this job – but instead on concentrating on wins I hope that the new AD looks at the entire school from Jr. High to High School and demands that the program and athletes be respectable on and OFF THE FIELD."

Not to say that these are the only guys being considered, cause with Liberty who really knows, but there should be 2 out of the running just in lack of experience. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder