Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

I heard from a friend in Dayton the OC over there was a shoe-in in Liberty. The word was the Board's prerequisite was the spread MUST be the Offense. To many athletes in Liberty not to take advantage of this type of Offense. They must have a lotta hall walkers over there that have left the program? Should be a good place to be the next few years if he can get all those kids back in the program!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spread, spread, spread! This is not the "end all" of offenses.  You have to have the linemen to block it and a very good defense.  It can definitely work, but it is not the ONLY offense.  Just look at another Liberty county team that ran it this year with a first round exit.(returning the entire state runner-up 4x100 team)

I know you are not comparing Hull Daisetta's offense to Dayton's.  The spread works if you have someone that understands the offense and how to teach it.  Look at Hardin for a success story.  Hull Daisetta has very good athletes but how much did they put into learning what little spread they ran, and how much did their coaching staff understand the spread other than just watching tv and saying that looks like a good play....

Spread, spread, spread! This is not the "end all" of offenses.  You have to have the linemen to block it and a very good defense.  It can definitely work, but it is not the ONLY offense.  Just look at another Liberty county team that ran it this year with a first round exit.(returning the entire state runner-up 4x100 team)

I was not even considering Dayton with this post.  My point was that they should look for the best man for the job.  Seriously, the question of what offense and what defense a coach runs should not even come  up in the interview.  He is being hired as AD/HD football, ask about his overall program.  Not many school board members know much about actual football systems except what they hear on TV.

You could not be more correct about the leader of an athletic program.  Liberty needs someone with experience in all sports both men and women.  But lets be honest, the AD is not going to be fired if the tennis team does not do well.  He is kept on board whether or not they win or lose in football.

I think its kinda funny that the current AD is being fired (oops sorry replaced) due to the fact – or so I heard – that he puts too much emphasis on football and it Setxfan1 is right the requirements for the job are what offense the FOOTBALL team runs.  No questions about his thoughts on basketball or baseball or for that matter volleyball and softball.  Liberty needs to have an AD that wants all its programs to be successful not just football – and I understand that football rules but the good AD’s want the entire program to shine.

I agree with “football†that the spread is a good offense and can work but it is not the only offense on the table – and while Hardin was able to run it right off the bat (baseball term) most teams take a few years to understand the offense.  Also I think the higher the level of competition the higher the odds are that the spread can be stopped – in other words a 3A team might find it a little harder to have instant results than a 2A team did.

I and a Liberty supporter and am glad that it appears some strong candidates have surfaced for this job – but instead on concentrating on wins I hope that the new AD looks at the entire school from Jr. High to High School and demands that the program and athletes be respectable on and OFF THE FIELD.

I think its kinda funny that the current AD is being fired (oops sorry replaced) due to the fact – or so I heard – that he puts too much emphasis on football and it Setxfan1 is right the requirements for the job are what offense the FOOTBALL team runs.  No questions about his thoughts on basketball or baseball or for that matter volleyball and softball.  Liberty needs to have an AD that wants all its programs to be successful not just football – and I understand that football rules but the good AD’s want the entire program to shine.

I agree with “football†that the spread is a good offense and can work but it is not the only offense on the table – and while Hardin was able to run it right off the bat (baseball term) most teams take a few years to understand the offense.  Also I think the higher the level of competition the higher the odds are that the spread can be stopped – in other words a 3A team might find it a little harder to have instant results than a 2A team did.

I and a Liberty supporter and am glad that it appears some strong candidates have surfaced for this job – but instead on concentrating on wins I hope that the new AD looks at the entire school from Jr. High to High School and demands that the program and athletes be respectable on and OFF THE FIELD.

Couldn't agree more.  This is the first step in improving any PROGRAM.

Couldn't agree more.  This is the first step in improving any PROGRAM.

if the candidate from dayton gets this job... I guarantee you he has all this in mind. He has experience at all levels, jh through high school in several different sports for boys and girls.

This was off of KSHN for weds:

58 Prospects: 58 people have applied to be the next Liberty High School Athletic Director and Head Football Coach. Trustees met Tuesday night to begin reviewing the applications, and will now select a much smaller group for personal interviews. Those interviews will be next Monday and Tuesday.

If someone really wanted to know, they could submit for open records.

I heard this today from a friend in Dayton. Liberty's facilities are horrible and they only have 40 kids in their whole program. Nothing in the halls either.

I thought Liberty had good facilities. I knew a guy that coached there a few years back that said it was pretty good. According to my source, he said it was

bad. What do you Liberty folks think about the athletic facilities there.

I heard this today from a friend in Dayton. Liberty's facilities are horrible and they only have 40 kids in their whole program. Nothing in the halls either.

I thought Liberty had good facilities. I knew a guy that coached there a few years back that said it was pretty good. According to my source, he said it was

My opinion- my son graduated in 2007 and played Foorball, Baseball, Track and Basketball.  Heres my take:

Football Field - Field itself is ok.  Dressing Rooms are terrible.  Press Box is falling apart.  Scoreboard only works some of the time.  :-[

Basketball Gym - I really pretty good except the view from the stands is somewhat blocked.

Baseball Field - School has none - the city allows the school to use a pretty nice filed at the city park.

Softball Field - Very Poor No seating and no lights.  The city also allows the softball team sometimes to use a field at the city park.  :-[

Track - track itself ok.  No lights and the stands are old and in poor shape.

So overall I have to agree that Liberty's facilities are not very good and are not maintained by the district very well either.

I hope that the current administration sees fit to upgrade this situation.  ;)

Now the 40 kids quote - he is wrong there they have a lot more than that in the program depending on the sport - and there are a few hall walkers (but not many). 

My opinion- my son graduated in 2007 and played Foorball, Baseball, Track and Basketball.   Heres my take:

Football Field - Field itself is ok.  Dressing Rooms are terrible.  Press Box is falling apart.  Scoreboard only works some of the time.  :-[

Basketball Gym - I really pretty good except the view from the stands is somewhat blocked.

Baseball Field - School has none - the city allows the school to use a pretty nice filed at the city park.

Softball Field - Very Poor No seating and no lights.  The city also allows the softball team sometimes to use a field at the city park.  :-[

Track - track itself ok.  No lights and the stands are old and in poor shape.

So overall I have to agree that Liberty's facilities are not very good and are not maintained by the district very well either.

I hope that the current administration sees fit to upgrade this situation.  ;)

Now the 40 kids quote - he is wrong there they have a lot more than that in the program depending on the sport - and there are a few hall walkers (but not many). 

i'm very familiar with their facilities and they are horrible.

I talked to a Liberty coach personally and he told me that there are about 20 something kids in freshmen athletics and 20-30 in upperclassmen athletics so it sounds almost right to me. There JV was not very good at all with the exception of about 2-3 kids that carried the team.

I heard that one of the candidates is a home town boy that is in Jacksonville as Defensive coordinator and another candidate is the OC in Dayton.  I talked to a friend of mine at church and he said that the OC in Dayton is interviewing Monday night, and the hometown boy is Tuesday.

I heard that one of the candidates is a home town boy that is in Jacksonville as Defensive coordinator and another candidate is the OC in Dayton.  I talked to a friend of mine at church and he said that the OC in Dayton is interviewing Monday night, and the hometown boy is Tuesday.

Sounds like it may be down to 2 candidates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder