Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

OldTimer was this guy on staff at Magnolia when they were good or was it during their massive loosing streak? They had one good year which was their first year up in five-a and after that HORRIBLE. Bellard was there then Ray Kenjura came in from Klein right? Anyway Liberty has always been a hard place to Coach and look how they treated Hacker. Is it the Coaches that have made Liberty good or is it the players? Look even I could coach a team when Reggie White, Donald Douglas, and Tony Bua. I beg to differ with you bc Liberty is alot like Huffman someone has a cousin somewhere that wants a job.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, im shocked they didnt hire a hometown boy...lets see how many seasons he will coach before they quickly pull the trigger and hire one...hopefully he starts off winning cause the way liberty is if he comes out and has a bad year 2 years in a row then so-and-so will get their boy in there...

for now im just shocked they didnt pick the hometown guy, guess we will find out if it was a good or bad hire, but it sounds like a pretty decent one to me so far...

Bro call it what it is and that is a Black Coach gets seriously looked over on the college and high school level. Put any face you want on it but when you have many of the athletes black seems like there should be more coaches that are black. NOT  ???

Liberty's radio station had the news story on the new coach on their evening news...you can probably catch it again at 10:30.  Gives his background, experience, etc.  He is interviewed, as well as the superintendent.  Those call letters are KSHN  99.9 FM....nice long story.  Can pick it up on the Internet, too. 

OldTimer was this guy on staff at Magnolia when they were good or was it during their massive loosing streak? They had one good year which was their first year up in five-a and after that HORRIBLE. Bellard was there then Ray Kenjura came in from Klein right? Anyway Liberty has always been a hard place to Coach and look how they treated Hacker. Is it the Coaches that have made Liberty good or is it the players? Look even I could coach a team when Reggie White, Donald Douglas, and Tony Bua. I beg to differ with you bc Liberty is alot like Huffman someone has a cousin somewhere that wants a job.

Deel was in Magnolia when they were co or tri-district champs.  It was Bellard's last year in Magnolia.  They were in with the Cy-Fair schools.  Be glad to have him.

If Shane Deel does have football and girls soccer under his belt, i guess Liberty got what they wanted... a coach that knows more than just football. Like Liberty would come up with money for another girls sport, lol. The girls will always be second (or 3rd or even forth) to the football players. I wish him the very best of luck! Irregardless of all the negative that any of us have spoken, we as a community need to support the new AD. Let us give him a fair chance! Let's be positive! As well, we need to support all the kids in all sports! That is after we support the kids academically!

"Irregardless" is not a word and Deel will coach circles around your other candidates.  Give him a chance.

Hey if you guys are happy so am I but want to again wish the best of luck to the outgoing Coaches. Just a hard business that is tough and my heart goes out to the ones that guide our kids. We have not beat Liberty EVER just hope we get ya this year.  ;D

If I'm not mistaken, from what I have researched on line, 6 of the 8 years DD coached in 5A/4A schools, those teams went to the playoffs.  The best season going into the 4th round and losing to eventual state 5A champion Katy.

Since the last couple of posters are touting the accomplishments of SD's teams in the playoffs, I believe it is only fair to mention DD's teams were similarly accomplished.

BTW, one of Bellard's claims to fame is his father Emory Bellard; that is, his father's name probably helped him get his foot in the door with his own coaching.  Everyone agrees the younger Bellard is now a successful coach on his own merits. 

My point is ... giving a foot in the door to an equally qualified coach because he is also from your hometown and has a vested interest and pride in the community and LHS is an "equal opportunity"  ...  which BTW in my humble opinion can or would have proven out even more successful for Liberty and for the coach.

Bottom line is being a hometown guy doesn't mean sh_t in Liberty, especially if you are a minority, and even with impeccable credentials.  What a bunch of cowards on the school board!

Why Liberty wouldn't want an enthusiastic AD who is committed to bringing Liberty back from the dead and is someone the students are clamoring to play for is not logical.

Most ignorant statement i've seen in a long time.  The Minority is the Majority in Liberty and i'm pretty POSITIVE that had no effect on the decision making.  Thats always been the norm in Liberty and the surrounding areas to hire a hometown boy.  IMO, thats exactly what Liberty doesn't need is another hometown boy, black, brown, yellow or white.  What Liberty needs is a drastic change starting from the young kids up.  Liberty's got a good crop coming up and they need a good disciplined foundation.  What they don't want is HOMETOWN boy getting the athletes that are in trouble all the time out of jail and not doing anything to them. JMO

when no one on this board was on the school board or knows what exactly the school board was looking for then maybe they should chill on their acquisations of racism...calling someone a racist because they didnt hire who YOU thought was the best coach is a childish and shallow thing to do...if DD is as good of a coach and as qualified as yall say then he will get hired elsewhere and Liberty will pay for it in the end, or maybe DD is qualified but the other coach fits the Liberty job better at this time, in which case both will fluorish...only the future will tell...

I thought this thread was about the new AD. All i seem to be reading is how people think the hometown boy should have got it. I agree that we should hire someone completely new. From those few posts about him being with Magnolia and the ohter schools he sounds well qualified and should bring good things to the table in the future. I have confidence in him that he will change things around, so why cant yall?

My take on all this is that the school board hired the best candidate for the job. He might not have been the one that you would choose or that I would choose but its the one that they chose. The people of this area elected these school board members so any gripes you have can be taken care of in the next school board election. Myself, being a Jeff Stewart fan, I know this had to be a tough decision. Jeff still had alot of backing in this town and there had to be alot of emotion to get this right. I don't think we'll ever know what went on behind those closed doors and maybe thats for the best. Hopefully everyone will get behind this new AD and we can get Liberty athletics back where it was 3 or 4 years ago. One problem that most people had in the past was that they didn't believe there was much of a push for the other athletic programs and I personally believe that was true. We need to put alot of emphysis on all the other sports Liberty offers, both girls and boys. There has always been alot of talent in this area but we have always had alot of this talent walking the halls or moving down the road to Dayton. We need to restore the pride here in Liberty and get these kids motivated to be in sports instead of roaming the hallways during the day. I am personally looking forward to getting this new program started and hope the best for these kids and this community.

My take on all this is that the school board hired the best candidate for the job. He might not have been the one that you would choose or that I would choose but its the one that they chose. The people of this area elected these school board members so any gripes you have can be taken care of in the next school board election. Myself, being a Jeff Stewart fan, I know this had to be a tough decision. Jeff still had alot of backing in this town and there had to be alot of emotion to get this right. I don't think we'll ever know what went on behind those closed doors and maybe thats for the best. Hopefully everyone will get behind this new AD and we can get Liberty athletics back where it was 3 or 4 years ago. One problem that most people had in the past was that they didn't believe there was much of a push for the other athletic programs and I personally believe that was true. We need to put alot of emphysis on all the other sports Liberty offers, both girls and boys. There has always been alot of talent in this area but we have always had alot of this talent walking the halls or moving down the road to Dayton. We need to restore the pride here in Liberty and get these kids motivated to be in sports instead of roaming the hallways during the day. I am personally looking forward to getting this new program started and hope the best for these kids and this community.

Well stated Wes.

I agree...

Most ignorant statement i've seen in a long time.  The Minority is the Majority in Liberty and i'm pretty POSITIVE that had no effect on the decision making.  Thats always been the norm in Liberty and the surrounding areas to hire a hometown boy.  IMO, thats exactly what Liberty doesn't need is another hometown boy, black, brown, yellow or white.  What Liberty needs is a drastic change starting from the young kids up.  Liberty's got a good crop coming up and they need a good disciplined foundation.  What they don't want is HOMETOWN boy getting the athletes that are in trouble all the time out of jail and not doing anything to them. JMO

Get real.  Unless YOU are (a) a member of the LISD school board or (B) the LISD superintendent, YOU cannot be “POSITIVE†of the affects on the AD decision.  And until that school board socio-economic mix matches that of the school population (which it does NOT with 6 WASP males and 1 B female), no one can be absolutely certain that this decision was made with the best interest of all the students and community in mind.   ;D

And it’s my opinion, if all else is equal, a hometown guy will be the better choice, especially if he’s one that can introduce “drastic change†and a “good disciplined foundationâ€, while at the same time having established relationships within the community and relating well to the kids.

Get real.  Unless YOU are (a) a member of the LISD school board or (B) the LISD superintendent, YOU cannot be “POSITIVE†of the affects on the AD decision.  And until that school board socio-economic mix matches that of the school population (which it does NOT with 6 WASP males and 1 B female), no one can be absolutely certain that this decision was made with the best interest of all the students and community in mind.   ;D

And it’s my opinion, if all else is equal, a hometown guy will be the better choice, especially if he’s one that can introduce “drastic change†and a “good disciplined foundationâ€, while at the same time having established relationships within the community and relating well to the kids.

Let me understand this:

The Board members are stupid, cowards, and racists yet at the same time all are successful in life and respected enough to get elected to one of the more difficult jobs there can be with no pay at all---what an ignorant post!

From 7mary3:

"Most ignorant statement i've seen in a long time.  The Minority is the Majority in Liberty and i'm pretty POSITIVE that had no effect on the decision making.  Thats always been the norm in Liberty and the surrounding areas to hire a hometown boy.  IMO, thats exactly what Liberty doesn't need is another hometown boy, black, brown, yellow or white.  What Liberty needs is a drastic change starting from the young kids up.  Liberty's got a good crop coming up and they need a good disciplined foundation.  What they don't want is HOMETOWN boy getting the athletes that are in trouble all the time out of jail and not doing anything to them. JMO"

I would like to know just exactly what 7mary3 is implying with this post.  I would sincerely hope that he is not implying that a hometown boy, DD or any other, would give all athletes a free pass if their behavior is less than the law allows.

7mary3, I think that was the most ignorant statement anybody has ever seen and you are a moron.

If everybody on this board only knew the buzz that was created in the halls among the athletes that DD was up for this job, then he would have been hired in an instant.  That is why I called the board chicken poop. (I got in trouble for saying the real thing earlier.  My apologizes).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476